DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 30 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Problem with hit-location rolls

Re-posted from the BRP discord channel.

Last session my gaming group noticed that all hit locations rolls were made on the missile hit location table. It didn’t matter whether you held down the shift key, all rolls where on the missile hit location table. I double-checked on a new vanilla BRP campaign, and the error persists.

The error can be verified by making a few hit-location rolls. You are likely to soon get faulty results.

The code in /scripts/manager_gameline.lua haven’t changed for ages, so that’s not the source of the error. I also tried to override the 'roll hit-location' code and remove Input.isShiftPressed(), but that didn’t have any effect at all. So, I’m a bit puzzled, what could cause this error?
    Please provide me with more step by step processes to replicate. I'm just not able to replicate it with rolling on the armor tab.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

From the chat log:
    Basic Roleplaying: the Chaosium Roleplaying System (2023-02-21) Copyright 2023 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    Core RPG ruleset (2023-03-07) for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2023 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Steps to re-create. Roll a series of hit-location rolls, you probably need to roll twenty or so.

See the image provided, for examples:
    hit_location_rolls_20230416.jpg

The first roll a 16 is not aright arm roll on the melee hit location table, its a left arm roll. And the last roll is not a chest hitlocation roll. On the melee table only a 12 hits the chest. These results are from the missile hit location table, even though I didn't press shift when I made the rolls.

Added:
    Just to make sure that this is not a problem with my FG installation, I installed FG on a secondary PC and created a new BRP campaign. The problem remains.
    Last edited by peterb; April 16th, 2023 at 19:26.

Are these all performed using the hit location button on the main tab? The armor tab button or double clicking on the hit location column strings?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

With the next update I will have an option to show the SR column on the combat tracker and allow it to be sorted by the SR number in those. The number calculated will be the base calculation of DEX + SIZ modifiers. As adding in the weapon modifier will require a lengthy development cycle, it won't be collected and calculated. The GM would need to adjust it by hand to add that in, but this will at least set the base DEX/SIZ calculation as a quicker start point. It should be off by default to keep with the standard process that is currently in place. I think this being made available for those that wish to use it will be fine and help enhance those games. It's not a full feature expansion, but just plugging in those parts that are there and providing more help to those that use the option.

As per your hit location report, I was able to see a disconnect and have found a solution for that as well. I will also add in a new chat output that will indicate if the missile table is being used instead of the melee one. I believe prior to my fix the work around would be to double click on the text of the table on the armor tab you would like to roll on till this is available with the next weekly update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Are these all performed using the hit location button on the main tab? The armor tab button or double clicking on the hit location column strings?
    I used the one on the armor tab for these examples, but I have done the same test from the main tab, same result.

As per your hit location report, I was able to see a disconnect and have found a solution for that as well. I will also add in a new chat output that will indicate if the missile table is being used instead of the melee one. I believe prior to my fix the work around would be to double click on the text of the table on the armor tab you would like to roll on till this is available with the next weekly update.
    The chat output already shows when a roll on the missile table is done: "hit location (missile) -> Left Arm", so no need to spend time on that.

I mostly use the automatic hit location when you use targeting.
    And I hope that it's using the right table because it don't show in the chat window.

Damage.JPG
    "Baseball isn't just a game, it's a metaphor for life. We dress alike, we follow the rules, we run in circles, there are winners and losers, and suddenly it,s over." Bizarro

On the automatic calculation of total weight

Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry
    I hear/see what you're saying, but nowhere on the store page to purchase the Basic Roleplaying ruleset for FGU do I see it state anywhere that the ruleset is 'as is in terms of features', but, I would argue that the encumbrance/weight disconnect in the ruleset (the items don't have a weight stat, instead have an encumbrance stat, but the Inventory tab is looking for a weight stat instead of encumbrance) is a defect in the product code that should be fixed and not a request for a new feature to expand current functionality, but instead a request to fix an implied basic functionality expected by a purchaser in a FGU ruleset for a game that has an encumbrance system (an experience formed by the purchase of several other rulesets).
    Thanks for the response and as I said, I will have this on my list to look over and see what would be involved in adjusting that.
    Thanks for the response and as I said, I will have this on my list to look over and see what would be involved in adjusting that.
    The problem is not in the code as sirkerry notes, but in the XML-files. If you enter items and their weight manually everything works as expected. I did a quick test and replaced
    Code:
    <encumbrance type='string'>0.5</encumbrance>
    with
    Code:
    <weight type='number'>0.5</weight>
    in client.xml in the module BRPGameSystem. I had to edit some values, e.g. missile weapons had both the weight of the missile weapon and the weight of the ammunition in the encumbrance field. But, after that change the automatic handling of weights also worked for items dragged from the equipment lists.

If you know your way around XML-files and how to package module files in FG then you can do the change yourself. I suspect Smitheworks need permission from Chaosium before they can do a change to the XML-files and ship updated ones. But, as I said, the solution is not complicated nor time consuming to implement.
    Last edited by peterb; April 28th, 2023 at 09:55.

Module BRP Game System X does not show table of armors or table of shields

When clicking on the link to the table of armors, located in the list of frequently used tables, I get an error message in the console: "[5/9/2023 3:36:03 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "W:reference_armor"]:21: attempt to index global 'content' (a nil value)". I get the same error when clicking on the link to the table of shields. As the error message suggests, the variable "content" doesn't exists. I don't know how long this error has been in the code, it was a while since I clicked on these links. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have used a vanilla campaign with no extensions, standard theme.
    [5/9/2023 3:35:43 PM] RULESET: Basic Roleplaying: the Chaosium Roleplaying System (2023-04-17) Copyright 2023 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [5/9/2023 3:35:43 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (2023-04-25) for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2023 Smiteworks USA, LLC

See attached image:
    Error_showing_list_of_armors.jpg

The relevant code is in ref/ref_basicclasses.xml, in the windowclass "reference_armor"
    Code:
    local catlist = {};
    local catcount = 0;
    local entcount = 0;

function onInit()
    	local src = DB.getValue(getDatabaseNode(), "source", "");
    	local source = nil;
    	local w,h;
    	if super and super.onInit then
    		super.onInit();
    	end
    	if src and src~="" then
    		source = DB.findNode(src);
    		for _,node in ipairs(DB.getChildList(source)) do
    			if DB.getValue(node, "equipmenttype", "") == "Armor" then
    				local catname = DB.getValue(node, "catname");
    				local win = catlist[catname];
    				if not win then
    					catcount = catcount + 1;
    					win = content.createWindow();
    					catlist[catname] = win;
    					win.name.setValue(catname);
    				end
    				win.content.createWindow(node);
    				entcount = entcount + 1;
    			end
    		end
    		content.applySort();
    		w = getSize();
    		h = catcount*29 + entcount*15 + 61;
    		setSize(w,h);
    	end
    end

MOD: Moved to Bug report thread. I will have a look over what you've found. Might not be ready for today's update push.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information