5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Silvered Weapons

I tried to look up how to make a weapon a silvered weapon, and it was very confusing between old posts and the 5E effects.

To clear it up for any others who try to do this in Unity - I did a code search and found the only current implemented way to do this is to add ", silver" to the damage entry for the weapon. Nothing else will work. Or as I had to do in a Pact Weapon recently add ", magic". This is the ONLY way creatures with resistances followed by !silver or !magic will respect this.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That's the misleading bit right there that I as referencing.

Putting ", silver" in properties does nothing that I can see. Only adding it into damage works.

If I'm wrong, happy to be proved so. 5E. Unity.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 29th, 2020 at 18:20.

You are correct that putting silver in properties doesn't do anything but I thought that it should go in there for completeness. The important bit as you say is the paragraph above on damage.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Is there no way to add the damage effect to ammunition (for example, silvered arrows)? Or would the player need to manually add it to the bow property when the ammunition is loaded?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazybones1969 View Post
    Is there no way to add the damage effect to ammunition (for example, silvered arrows)? Or would the player need to manually add it to the bow property when the ammunition is loaded?
    Don't know - you may have to try it out and let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazybones1969 View Post
    Ammunition doesn't have a damage line so no you can't add a damage type to ammunition. What you would do is to add an affect to the actions tab. So if you had a silver arrow it would be DMGTYPE: silver or if it was a magic arrow +1 you would need two effects ATK: 1, DMG 1 and DMGTYPE: magic

Just a note. These threads which explain how to do things such as this thread adding both magic and materials effects are so helpful. I have learned how to do so many things just by going over new posts.

Hey folks, in the Dragon of Ice Spire Peak adventure, we were dealing with Wererats in the Mountain Toe Gold Mine, and we had all of the party silver weapons in order to be able to fight these things, should the need arise (and it did.)

I discovered that the 'silver' attribute in the damage text of a weapon did indeed work - extensively tested. For my Druid, who had a light crossbow, we added (1d8+1 piercing, silver) to the damage box of the crossbow, and it worked like a charm (no pun intended.)

IMHO, adding 'magic' to the weapons could clearly have unintended consequences.
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; July 1st, 2020 at 21:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    Hey folks, in the Dragon of Ice Spire Peak adventure, we were dealing with Wererats in the Mountain Toe Gold Mine, and we had all of the party silver weapons in order to be able to fight these things, should the need arise (and it did.)

I discovered that the 'silver' attribute in the damage text of a weapon did indeed work - extensively tested. For my Druid, who had a light crossbow, we added (1d8+1 piercing, silver) to the damage box of the crossbow, and it worked like a charm (no pun intended.)

IMHO, adding 'magic' to the weapons could clearly have unintended consequences.
    The OP was pointing out that adding silvered to the weapon properties didn't add that to the damage type. I don't think there is any suggestion that adding magic to a silvered weapon (unless it is a magic silvered weapon) was being suggested.

Thread Information