FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 18 of 38 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    From the product page

"Note: This extension was created for Fantasy Grounds Unity 5E ruleset. It has not been extensively tested on FG Classic and thus will not be supported / maintained with FG Classic in mind. Use on FGC at your own risk.
    Also, understand that Extensions = RISK: We want users to understand that extensions are code that is added or overrides portions of code in the Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) application. When the underlying code in FGU changes it can break an extension. We promise to maintain support as FGU is updated. When you run with other extensions they can conflict by trying to overwrite the same parts of the FGU code. We will keep this extensions working with FGU changes, and other extensions created by SilentRuin. We make no promises to resolve conflicts caused by extensions created by other authors."

Blog Entries
    It's sold on the Dmsguild which is only permitted for products for 5E.

I may be wrong but I don't see it advertised as anything other than 5E.

You want me to go through, post by post, showing you the places in this thread and in the comments on that very product page where he says that it's not just for 5E, or do you want to let the developer answer?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
    You want me to go through, post by post, showing you the places in this thread and in the comments on that very product page where he says that it's not just for 5E, or do you want to let the developer answer?
    Ok the other tab I assumed was generic. Keep in mind I ONLY do this for 5E, though originally some people in the early days wanted it for effects in other things and I saw no harm in leaving the extension.xml with those as long as I guarded it with 5E only. I'll take a look if something slipped through - but honestly I left that crap in there way after I added the bulk of the functionality - which is clearly only for 5E which is all I use this in per all the warnings I put out.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 9th, 2021 at 05:33.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
    Ok I can see having legacy users from last year when I first did this before it went to DMsG and made all my DMsG pages state it was 5E was when I started insuring I guarded against anything 5E only just in case people still had it from way back then. I did not know "other" was something not generic that I could replace but now its guarded. No version change for this as really this effects nobody but where NPC other could not be morphed for the first link translate stuff I was required to put in per WOTC/SW directive on insuring modules that had supplemental data still required the modules they were based on to be loaded. You should have a downloadable version in DMsG with no version change.

If at some point I'm forced to change extension.xml I will - and if I am - then you'll have to add the things you think it can support back in. For now, I'll leave that legacy stuff in as it would not be ethical to suddenly stop supporting the minor stuff just because I've never used those other rulesets. Except in VERY superficial testing last year when I first wrote this just for custom effect name matches. It has moved way past that feature though.

I use this extension with 4e all the time and it’s great. I hope that complainer didn’t ruin it for everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Ok the other tab I assumed was generic. Keep in mind I ONLY do this for 5E, though originally some people in the early days wanted it for effects in other things and I saw no harm in leaving the extension.xml with those as long as I guarded it with 5E only. I'll take a look if something slipped through - but honestly I left that crap in there way after I added the bulk of the functionality - which is clearly only for 5E which is all I use this in per all the warnings I put out.
    Thank you for looking at it. I understand you only aim at 5th Edition, and so things like this are gonna slip through. I really just wanted to let you know about the issue I found so you could decide what to do about it, if anything.

V 1.34 - Feature - new option "Process Multiple Effect Names" defaulted to "off" will allow multiple name matches in custom effects. If you have duplicates in there that you do not wish to process then this should stay "off" - original behavior. But some people require different IF logic in effects which requires separate effect line entries so added this option in. For example, if you have an item name of "Blah" and in custom effects have "Blah; 'test 1", "Blah; 'test 2", and "Blah; 'test 3" you will see all 3 of those effects added into CT when this option is on.

Someone mentioned they had some effects with different IF requirements which could not be put in one custom effect definition. I did not want to change the current behavior of only using first match in case of duplicates or local DB overrides from module custom effects so made the default option "off". Note every match now has to cycle through whole custom effect list with this "on".
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 9th, 2021 at 14:27.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    V 1.34 - Feature - new option "Process Multiple Effect Names" defaulted to "off" will allow multiple name matches in custom effects. If you have duplicates in there that you do not wish to process then this should stay "off" - original behavior. But some people require different IF logic in effects which requires separate effect line entries so added this option in. For example, if you have an item name of "Blah" and in custom effects have "Blah; 'test 1", "Blah; 'test 2", and "Blah; 'test 3" you will see all 3 of those effects added into CT when this option is on.

Someone mentioned they had some effects with different IF requirements which could not be put in one custom effect definition. I did not want to change the current behavior of only using first match in case of duplicates or local DB overrides from module custom effects so made the default option "off". Note every match now has to cycle through whole custom effect list with this "on".
    Based on you last line do you see a performance impact with this on?

Thread Information