STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 33 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    thats certainly possible. I know I ran into the issue of comments between <xml and <root before, which is where my suggestion came from. And stripping those comments has worked for both extensions I tested. perhaps the copyright character or something else is causing FG to treat the xml file as invalid.
    Crap I'm going to have to literally load your version and try it because deleting them I still get that (notepad++ editor?)
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

thats certainly possible. I know I ran into the issue of comments between <xml and <root before, which is where my suggestion came from. And stripping those comments has worked for both extensions I tested. perhaps the copyright character or something else is causing FG to treat the xml file as invalid.
    Double crap. Your's works. Time for a bit of winmerge and see what the heck is really different here.

Something is different in every single xml file. Here is one of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 21st, 2020 at 20:59.

yeah, thats weird
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

yeah, thats weird
    Weirder I can't even get anything I edit to work. Do you use notepad++? If you do can you check what you have on encoding or language? I have UTF-8 and Normal.

Yes, I use notepad++. For all the files I normally work with, I use UTF-8. When I open your files though, they are listed as Western European->ISO-8859-1
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Weirder I can't even get anything I edit to work. Do you use notepad++? If you do can you check what you have on encoding or language? I have UTF-8 and Normal.
    Actually when I'm up in one of these files its iso-8859-1 also.

Yes, I use notepad++. For all the files I normally work with, I use UTF-8. When I open your files though, they are listed as Western European->ISO-8859-1
    It's because the XML states that is what they are.

So, there's two places that encoding is used - in the XML and in the file encoding data.

In XML it is just telling XML what encoding the file *should* be in - and as long as the XML engine reading the file reads that, then the file should also be in that encoding. To set the file encoding, in Notepad++ use the "Encoding" menu option. I don't know if this is the issue though, but it's good practice to make sure you're saving the files using the expected encoding.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is insane. It has nothing to do with the comments at all. I'm willing to bet if you zip up the original code yourself and deliver it - it will work fine.

I use this script to deliver all my files.

Code:
    powershell "Compress-Archive '.\DeathIndicatorEx\*' '.\DeathIndicatorEx.zip'"
    ren DeathIndicatorEx.zip DeathIndicatorEx.ext
    move /y DeathIndicatorEx.ext "-----my dir ----\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\extensions\"
    Pause
    It has always worked. I deliver these files in fact.

Well I could NEVER get your files to work - not even the exact ones. I finally did the right mouse compress file by hand - renamed it to DeathIndicatorEx.ext - then manually copied it over to the extensions directory - and it worked. Every time. Every time I used my script - it did not.

Nothing has changed on my end at all. I left the comments in and it worked - IF I compressed the directory manually.

WHY is the current delivery choking on power shell generated files? What is different? What changed in how they read a zip that now makes this bad?

Thread Information