DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 31 of 34 First ... 212930313233 ... Last
    Generic Actions Layer - V1.17 - Bug - FGU does not consistently call ruleset code for hasEffect and hasCondition (hasEffectCondition in 5E). KLUDGED. Not saying fixed.

Basically, FGU codes processing of effects with some coreRPG calls (almost random on where) that do not handle conditions and this causes lots of problems when conditions are present. BCEG would not make this simple override to compensate for this, and until FGU calls ruleset specific code for these functions everywhere, I ended up having to do it myself here for my Monday game. I'll remove it if/when FGU or BCEG resolve it on their side.

Forge will be updated sometime next week.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Also, when you come up in a session and some condition is not working when effect is triggered by AURA - clicking the CT entries effect display list on and leaving it on gets move into/out of AURA back to working for me. I suspect things that used to do things at startup for you no longer are in FGU - but really don't know and have no desire to debug this mess further.

Should also mention that clicking the CT effect display list off (if not done an end turn) stops it from working again. This stuff is crazy.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 3rd, 2023 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Generic Actions Layer - V1.17 - Bug - FGU does not consistently call ruleset code for hasEffect and hasCondition (hasEffectCondition in 5E). KLUDGED. Not saying fixed.

Basically, FGU codes processing of effects with some coreRPG calls (almost random on where) that do not handle conditions and this causes lots of problems when conditions are present. BCEG would not make this simple override to compensate for this, and until FGU calls ruleset specific code for these functions everywhere, I ended up having to do it myself here for my Monday game. I'll remove it if/when FGU or BCEG resolve it on their side.

Forge will be updated sometime next week.
    Thanks for working on this, working now. I'm going to make a report on the forums about it not working, Moonwizard knows about it and told me to make the report (even though I reported it in discord)

Generic Actions - V1.49 - Bug - shove should not prevent the roll if target is grappled - though on success I'll leave it to DM to figure out if they need to remove grappled state as it determines on what direction they are shoved (say a cliff is next to grappled guy and you push him in that direction but its still within reach of grappler - not making that decision for the DM).

Generic Actions Layers - just another video example added to playlist....

V1.50 - FGU Bug - FGU has never put chat message about what is actually triggering the save roll - especially annoying for power saves (weapons with a save roll) as they cannot have any sounds tied to them. Not to mention wanting to see what actually triggered the save roll.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    V1.50 - FGU Bug - FGU has never put chat message about what is actually triggering the save roll - especially annoying for power saves (weapons with a save roll) as they cannot have any sounds tied to them. Not to mention wanting to see what actually triggered the save roll.
    Confused what this update is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Confused what this update is doing.
    Steps to duplicate:

1) Get an NPC with an ACTION that instead of an attack roll - is a save roll. For me this was SW5E tie fighter, CR90, dreadnaught, etc. where all the heavy lasers were power saves.
    2) Get in CT and double click on that SAVE in the NPC on actions CT entry.
    3) Now tie a sound to it.

You can't. Without this update. There is nothing to tie the sound to in that chat. Or so you will discover. Essentially exactly what the update says if you know how to match sounds and that power saves are not "cast" but have to be "chat" and then the name of what you are actually doing the save for has to appear in chat someplace.

Correct
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information