STAR TREK 2d20
Page 30 of 33 First ... 202829303132 ... Last
    FYI - the non targetable NPC is having issues where the first time it's placed it will work and not be selectable. But come up in map where it still exists in a new session and it will then be selectable. This has something to do with the way I'm adding an override to the specific token - it may have to have some generic onTokenAdd logic implemented onInit so that these special NPC proxies have that override reset on their tokens when readded to map (which a new session will do). Also so issues with the Advantages PA targeting not being able to unselect things when this NPC proxy is within the PTR circle.

For now I'm working on it but it may take a few days to figure out. As a workaround for now just be careful you don't target these NPC proxies or have other AURAs targeting them. As I use "no faction" (and special AURAs that are owner faction specific) as an actual faction in at least two of my campaigns - I'll have to be careful with AURA's in those. In one's where a "no faction" is unused I can let the new default placement of the NPC proxy with "no faction" and have all the AURAs they use replace "IF: FACTION(notself)" with "IF: FACTION(!none)". Not a solution I can use in all my campaigns so no easy way to have one size fits all AURAs for me until I can get this non targeting stuff fully working.

So when I figure it out I'll add it in and can go back to one size fits all AURAs (as no NPC proxy will be targetable).
    Last edited by SilentRuin; November 20th, 2023 at 22:28.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Very stupid idea - ignore if too complex to implement: perhaps you could add a new faction (nonTarget) and apply the logic (have all auras extended with above IF: FACTION(!nonTarget)) per default in the backend, not part of the AURA. Tokens without entry on CT are added to this faction.
    Not sure how this is coded - might be not practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Very stupid idea - ignore if too complex to implement: perhaps you could add a new faction (nonTarget) and apply the logic (have all auras extended with above IF: FACTION(!nonTarget)) per default in the backend, not part of the AURA. Tokens without entry on CT are added to this faction.
    Not sure how this is coded - might be not practical.
    AURA already handles this with "IF: FACTION(!none)" if your CT entry has a neutral or no "friendfoe" value for its faction. There are technically only 4 faction settings one of which some use as you suggest - a non faction. As I said I have campaigns I use that "non faction" as an actual faction so that is not really a solution for me in all cases.

As far as making something non targetable - I have done so in two other extensions - combat groups and map parcels. Both tokens are not tied into the standard CT mechanisms so just have their own code to maintain them. But to make a CT token non targetable, there is a lot of existing code doing its own thing already so I have to figure out where (minimally) I can intercept that code and force the CT token to be non targetable - and also how I want to recognize its not targetable (can't use factions for reasons I stated). Experimenting around now just to try to see where/how I can force it to be non targetable which because Token.onAdd is triggered before the map is actually there it appears (meaning any token settings I make are basically lost - or appear to be so).

Gist is will probably take a while for me to jury rig something. In mean time - the session you place my proxy NPCs they will be untargetable. But not when you come back up. They also have some other oddities that I'll have to resolve (or hopefully just resolve themselves once I get the not persistent token settings to stick between sessions).

Thanks for the explanation. I rather thought of a completely new faction (none, friend, neutral, foe, nonTarget), but this seems technically not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. I rather thought of a completely new faction (none, friend, neutral, foe, nonTarget), but this seems technically not possible.
    Short answer is that FGU doesn't allow for factions outside the ones they already have, which is none, foe, friend, neutral.

V1.15 - Bug/Feature - the attempt to make the NPC non targetable failed so took a completely different tact. If the effect "NOTARGETING" is present (NPC proxy will have it added in) in the CT entry then no targeting will be allowed (ctrl click on map or ctrl click on CT to target) and will be set back to not targeted. AuraEffect.isAuraApplicable function in AURA extension has also been overwritten to respect this effect. If its there - targeting (and Aura application) will not take effect - if its not there it will. Simple but deadly. Use this extension and feature at your own risk - ye be warned.

Essentially its as simple as it sounds. When the custom effect triggers and finds the matching PTR asset name which finds the matching NPC name where EE loads up the custom effects to its CT entry - it now also adds the effect "NOTARGETING" to the NPC proxy CT entry which prevents it from being targeted or used by AURA.

And yes, it applies to any CT entry runtime not just my proxy one.

[and if DMsG does not load it then too bad as I'm not going through the hell of trying to get it to load like I did with Combat Groups - which update still has not taken after 6 tries. DMsG may just be busted for legacy things not for sale there anymore.]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; November 24th, 2023 at 00:57.

Current TEST will Error when you try to do the Generic Actions Layers custom effect triggering discussed above. I have a fix that works in LIVE and TEST but holding off on delivering it as there will surely be something else that crops up in the next month. Just FYI.

Tip: When you place a PTR radius (cone, circle, square) you will notice FGU has two wider shapes it gives as the same distance. So when you exand out a circle and hit a 5ft increment - you will hit it twice before it moves on.

For the purposes of AURA and LIGHT effects that I provide in my mods this will always be the outer ring value (2nd duplicate 5ft increment you hit) if you want the asset to match the LIGHT and AURA effects.

V1.16 - Bug/FGU update - something changed in FGU update (test) that caused error. Fixed. As it works in LIVE and TEST for fix will just deliver now.

No impact to anyone but in current TEST - which it fixes.

Thread Information