5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 99 of 113 First ... 4989979899100101109 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post
    I get an odd reaction with this setup. The Sorcerer (caster) has two auras on:
    AURA: 20 ally; REGEN: 4
    AURA: 20 !ally; DMGO: 4

her ally gets healed when in range, her enemy gets damaged when in range, all good. But she gets both healed and damaged on her turn. Why?
    Because she is part of the aura - you need

AURA: 20 !ally; IF: FACTION(notself); whatever
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post
    I get an odd reaction with this setup. The Sorcerer (caster) has two auras on:
    AURA: 20 ally; REGEN: 4
    AURA: 20 !ally; DMGO: 4

her ally gets healed when in range, her enemy gets damaged when in range, all good. But she gets both healed and damaged on her turn. Why?

edit: fixed it with IF: FACTION notself
    I noticed that SR showed you the fix and you fixed it but I wanted to explain it.

Currently if you have an effect on you which "AURA: 20 ally; REGEN: 4" it's detecting you have that effect. Because of the ; REGEN: 4
    So in order to stop that, you need the IF: FACTION(notself) else it will run it on yourself.
    You wouldn't need this if you had another IF check that limited yourself also, like "IF: CUSTOM(Hexed)" then unless you had Hexed effect on you it wouldn't run it either. Just to give you more info than you likely wanted but maybe others will read it too.

Love the extension, but have a question that hopefully somebody knows the answer to. I have an issue where an aura is removed from those in it when an effect is removed either from them or from the source of the aura. No error messages pop up in the console and if I move the token that is the source of the aura back and forth the effects is reapplied to the other tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaSupreme View Post
    Love the extension, but have a question that hopefully somebody knows the answer to. I have an issue where an aura is removed from those in it when an effect is removed either from them or from the source of the aura. No error messages pop up in the console and if I move the token that is the source of the aura back and forth the effects is reapplied to the other tokens.
    Confirmed! Thanks for reporting that.

* If your AURA effect contains "IF: FACTION(notself)" the FROMAURA effect will not (which helps keep the combat tracker a bit cleaner).
    * Rewrote much of the logic for faction handling.
    * Faction types friend and foe are now interpreted literally based on the tag in FG.
    * Faction types neutral and faction are available for use everywhere.
    * Relationship types ally and enemy are now added. Ally means the bearer's faction matches the effect source's faction. Enemy just looks at friend/foe and checks that they're different.
    * All factions / relationships can be inverted with ! or ~. AURA: 10 ~ally means anyone whose faction doesn't match the source's. AURA: 10 ~neutral means anyone who isn't neutral.
    * It's helpful to understand that the effect source's faction is being compared to the faction of the actor bearing the effect.
    I wanted to note for some people to help explain this a bit better.

***Example***
    PCs are normally set to friendly/green. NPC monsters are normally set to foe/red. NPCs non monsters (like a bartender) would be set to neutral/yellow/faction, and completely Unknown Creatures/Things would be set to non-faction/blue.

ALLY = creatures matching same faction as you.
    -Example of ALLY as if aura effect is placed on each of these types named to the left and who would get the "FROMAURA" is the second part of the list.
    In this case;
    PCs (friendly/green) would be allies "ALLY" to ONLY PCs (friendly/green);
    NPC monsters (foe/red) would be allies "ALLY" to ONLY NPC monsters (foe/red);
    NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction) would be allies "ALLY" to ONLY NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction);
    Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue) would be allies "ALLY" to ONLY Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue);

ENEMY = creatures opposing faction (friend vs foe only)
    -Example of ENEMY as if aura effect is placed on each of these types named to the left and who would get the "FROMAURA" is the second part of the list.
    In this case;
    PCs (friendly/green) would be the only enemies "ENEMY" to NPC monsters (foe/red);
    NPC monsters (foe/red) would be the only enemies "ENEMY" to PCs (friendly/green);
    NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction) would have NONE matching;
    Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue) would have NONE matching;

!ALLY = creatures not matching your faction (AKA old AURA system = foe)
    -Example of !ALLY as if aura effect is placed on each of these types named to the left and who would get the "FROMAURA" is the second part of the list.
    In this case;
    PCs (friendly/green) would be not-allies "!ALLY" to everyone EXCEPT PCs (friendly/green);
    NPC monsters (foe/red) would be not-allies "!ALLY" to everyone EXCEPT NPC monsters (foe/red);
    NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction) would be not-allies "!ALLY" to everyone EXCEPT NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction);
    Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue) would be not-allies "!ALLY" to everyone EXCEPT Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue);

!ENEMY = creatures who are friendly to your faction (foe vs friend only)
    -Example of !ENEMY as if aura effect is placed on each of these types named to the left and who would get the "FROMAURA" is the second part of the list.
    In this case;
    PCs (friendly/green) would be not-enemy "!ENEMY" to everyone EXCEPT NPC monsters (foe/red);
    NPC monsters (foe/red) would be not-enemy "!ENEMY" to everyone EXCEPT PCs (friendly/green);
    NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction) would be not-enemy "!ENEMY"" to EVERYONE including same faction (neutral/yellow/faction);
    Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue) would be not-enemy "!ENEMY" to EVERYONE including same faction (non-faction/blue);

Any time frame on when Auras will be getting a fix for the FROMAURA appearing and disappearing when moving around in an aura? Gave an example in DM to you a while back.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Any time frame on when Auras will be getting a fix for the FROMAURA appearing and disappearing when moving around in an aura? Gave an example in DM to you a while back.
    Nope. I've been slowly working on the issue mentioned above and associated things I have encountered during that. I think they're likely related, but don't know that for sure. I'm very busy with work right now so my time for this is pretty limited.

I started working on re-implementing the triggering and processing of auras. Here is an early (generally working) build of v2 for those who are curious.
    If you install this by putting it into your extensions folder, it will override the live Forge version. If you do that, be sure you remove it when you're done testing to begin using the live Forge version again.

The primary changes:
    Breaking up the code into smaller functions and a variety of lua scripts to facilitate easier maintenance, repair, and collaboration.
    Moving toward parsing the appropriate auras by scanning tokens on the map rather than all combat tracker entries. This should be useful for people with massive combat trackers or with extensions that leave a ton of hidden entries in the combat tracker.

Notable things from v1 that are not included:
    Deferring processing until after token movement is complete.
    Limiting movement to whole squares.

Things that are working much better than V1:
    Triggering aura removal/addition. For This might also fix the issue SR was talking about?

Feedback I am most interested in:
    Speed. Is this faster or slower, especially when used on large/complex campaigns?
    Behavior. Do the effects work the way you'd expect? Are effects added/removed appropriately?

Feedback I pretty much don't want to hear yet:
    Extension compatibility. If you're testing this, please don't load anything else. Before I start looking into that stuff I need to make sure this all works right with the base rulesets most FG DMs are running on.

As with all testing, if you are going to test this on a real campaign, BACK IT UP FIRST.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; January 17th, 2023 at 18:35.

Aura Effect v2 Speed Testing

Starting to do some performance testing.
    More later this week hopefully.
    Last edited by bmos; January 18th, 2023 at 04:22.

Thread Information