Starfinder Playlist
Page 103 of 113 First ... 35393101102103104105 ... Last
    I am having issues with auras not reading faction restrictions such as foe, all characters end up affected

Quote Originally Posted by hazeyindahead View Post
    I am having issues with auras not reading faction restrictions such as foe, all characters end up affected
    Who are you putting the AURA on that it's affecting all people?

Playing Paladin with Aura of Protection. If I have the aura up (all the time) and the DM drags us to a new map, the aura starts stacking the same aura effects on other characters, 5-10 on multiple characters, and only the DM can remove them one at a time.

If, however, I turn off the aura before he pulls us to a new map then turn it back on once we're there, there's no malfunction on the new map. If we start the session on one map and stay on that map, no malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post
    Playing Paladin with Aura of Protection. If I have the aura up (all the time) and the DM drags us to a new map, the aura starts stacking the same aura effects on other characters, 5-10 on multiple characters, and only the DM can remove them one at a time.

If, however, I turn off the aura before he pulls us to a new map then turn it back on once we're there, there's no malfunction on the new map. If we start the session on one map and stay on that map, no malfunction.
    Hard to say what is going on. Can you post the effect string that you are using that is causing issues?

Delete please
    Last edited by JeffDM; May 2nd, 2023 at 23:20.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Hard to say what is going on. Can you post the effect string that you are using that is causing issues?
    I got this string from earlier in this thread...somewhere.
    AoP; AURACOLOR: red; AURASHAPE: circle; AURA: 13 friend; Aura of protection; SAVE: 3

Per RAW, in 5e auras with the same name don't stack. I have two paladins in my party. Is there any way to not have both of their identical auras buffing each other and all their teammates? +8 to saving throws for everyone is a bit excessive, though of course they love it. SImilar issues with two clerics' spirit guardians overlapping.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post
    Per RAW, in 5e auras with the same name don't stack. I have two paladins in my party. Is there any way to not have both of their identical auras buffing each other and all their teammates? +8 to saving throws for everyone is a bit excessive, though of course they love it. SImilar issues with two clerics' spirit guardians overlapping.
    I believe this post here should help you.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post636758

If you have questions hit me up.

For overlapping auras - as long as you name them all you should be able to do a determination if they already have that named effect before you try to apply it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    For overlapping auras - as long as you name them all you should be able to do a determination if they already have that named effect before you try to apply it.
    Problem comes in is that one of them is +5, the other is +3, so you need to detect that someone has +3 which is weaker than yours and apply yours when is +5.
    If you just detected if they had AOP, then it would miss the power of the extra +2.

Thread Information