FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 41 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    This is on the test server for testing while it is in upgrade mode. The live version is still available at this time. If you are referring to the test version, it would help if you broke down what the issues you are running into. If you are using the Live version, then this project is here to help bring the system up to date with other rulesets. Also, if you are not happy with the purchase, we do offer a 30 day refund.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Just load the production version instead of the test version. Then you will have the current working version. There is a reason this version is in test.

that is why I am Frustrated. the live mode does not work at all..... it will not load the book and you can not bring up a character. it is also FUBAR... I was not just complaining to be a jerk , I was complaining Legitimately. as I said why sell it if isn't working.

Logarus, I am able to load the book in Live mode (I use it so I can compare some existing characters that I made years ago to the new stuff). Can you post some screenshots of what you see? This is mine on Live:
    M&M3 - Live Version.png
    Last edited by TriOpticon; April 29th, 2020 at 08:19.

I'm still a bit confused why the powers for NPCs are rollable and why does it roll a d20 and adds the rank or the first numbers it finds.

On the PC side I do not get how to make custom actions to use powers. What does rank rollable do? In the old version one could edit things like Attack Bonus and Effect DC separate. It might be there, but I do not understand how I find it.

Also can I change Crit Threads? I.e. many people improve crit range as part of their powers, true for PCs and NPSs.

I’m also curious of the syntax for setting up attacks and damage rolls for NPC’s. What the correct way to write it out so the combat tracker can parse out the difference between attacks and defenses including toughness vs damage dc’s

Thanks for all the work you're doing on this, superteddy, it's much appreciated.

As somebody who is new to FG as a GM, returning to MnM for the first time in a decade, and on the test server, which seems to be the best MnM option for 'training' as it will be forward-compatible with the eventual live version, I have a bunch of questions.

I'll ask them here, but please feel free to tell me which ones are best resolved by me digging more into FG mechanics, which are just functions that aren't reasonable for me to expect the MnM ruleset to ever have, and which are legitimately bugs or issues that are on the to-do list:

- The Conditions are billed as "drag and drop" in the product page for Mutants & Masterminds on FG, which I was really hoping would be the case -- keeping track of things like that is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping FG would help with. Via the manual in the Library, there's a list of Conditions and text descriptions of each, but nothing interactive.

- Can somebody walk me through how dragging and dropping into the Powers tab of a character 'sheet' works? I seem to sort of be able to create arrays, but not very effectively, and I can't seem to add individual powers, or enter ranks in the sub-powers that appear in an Array. On preview this seems to be something that isn't just me.

- Similarly, I can't figure out how to run attacks in the Combat Tracker. I was trying it tonight, and I can't figure out how to roll an attack for an NPC against a player (or another NPC). There don't seem to be any traits I can drag into the chat window to roll an attack.

- Similarly, damage statuses in the combat tracker don't seem to update when a PC rolls successfuly vs. an NPC. Should they, or does the GM manually control damage statuses for everyone following results in the dice roller?

The Conditions are drag n drop, but are merely text placeholders. The sidebar has a button called effects that contains all the conditions in the game. They however are not built out to apply modifiers to attacks or are 5E level of automated. I looked over the FG2 version and they were in the same state. I could be wrong and will gladly be proven wrong to help get that transitioned in.

Right now I have the Powers/Gadgets set up to be all arrays currently till I am able to get the sort looking more intuitive. I will get it that sorted as the first thing that I was not really happy with when I transferred the code over from the FG2 version. But the current process is to create an array and then drag n drop powers onto the array. I put in a radio button to allow not factoring the power cost of powers so you can enter your own value. The rollable check for effects is currently under the link for the power. That is what I am currently working on at the moment is to pull that out and have it show under the powers.

The CT is actually where most of the work went into to bring it to FG3. NPCs and Players can target each other and their attacks will register the DC that is being used. Powers might a bit wonky as we are in transitioning to find the perfect situation for the players. I have provided a ton of sample NPCs to show how they can be set up. Those are either double click or drag able to the actor they are affecting by hovering your mouse over the attack/skill/power you are wishing to roll. I did not set up the automatic toughness check as that would take away the dice from the player and DM which is a big no no in our eyes. We always want to allow people the ability to roll if they choose. Bruises are what affects toughness rolls and will track the mod. The cycler next to it will track their status as well, but needs to be done manually.

As M&M is a very open system and requires a lot of opposed rolls things may need to be done manually. As I stated above it could be automated but would take the dice out of player's and DM's hands. Systems like 5E and any of the D20's can automate combat because most of it does not require a defense roll. They deal with flat responses. So yes, you will need to handle it manually.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Probably, I can clarify what I mean with a screenshot from the old char sheet: OldCharsheet.png

Where are those attacks supposed to go on the new sheet? I somehow fear that right now the concept of attack/power got mixed. The powers are the abilities, but the attacks and many other rolls when it comes to using powers are based of skills checks not the power ranks.

it was requested that i put up a screen shot. i have tried to use this program on two different computers and the same result... i can not load the book so no powers or anything... if you can help i would be great but i am not the only one having this problem according to these forums.

Screen.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information