DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 31 of 41 First ... 212930313233 ... Last
    Thank you! I will do this way ;D

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Example: Obsidian Hatchet +7 Close Damage 5 (+5/20-20)
    This will make it a Damage check

Example: Obsidian Hatchet +7 (+5/20-20)
    This will make it an Effect check

The reasoning for affliction as it is a damaging effect. You can get harmed physically with affliction. If this is not the case, that you wish to have affliction part of the damage, I can change it.
    I don't think Affliction normally deals damage at all. You'd have to link such a power to a Damaging power effect in order for that to be true. I think it's better to not treat Affliction as a Damaging effect (i.e. Affliction should be DC 10 + Rank as other effects, only Damage powers should be set to a base DC of 15+).

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    I don't think Affliction normally deals damage at all. You'd have to link such a power to a Damaging power effect in order for that to be true. I think it's better to not treat Affliction as a Damaging effect (i.e. Affliction should be DC 10 + Rank as other effects, only Damage powers should be set to a base DC of 15+).
    I think I might need more examples. I'm happy to change it and make it work the way the rules intended. Just not the way I've read through the above description of the effect. Would you guys like to get together sometime and discuss it. This won't be released till the next weekly update and would prefer a discussion before we cement on a plan.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

I think I might need more examples. I'm happy to change it and make it work the way the rules intended. Just not the way I've read through the above description of the effect. Would you guys like to get together sometime and discuss it. This won't be released till the next weekly update and would prefer a discussion before we cement on a plan.
    Hey, Dominic. Happy to get together can chat with you whenever you'd like, but the description for the Affliction power effect in the book is pretty explicit that it is DC 10 + Rank (see attached image, please).

Also, here's the SRD version of the same power effect: https://www.d20herosrd.com/6-powers/...iction-attack/

Here is Affliction be discussed over on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/mutantsandm..._do_they_work/ (I included an image of the relevant parts for your convenience.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's awesome! Appreciate the information. I can certainly remove the check for Affliction from the damage check. If you wish to have it be used as a damage effect it looks like you are just going to have to add it to the attack line.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Pefect! Again, thank you so much again for the wonderful support levels on the ruleset, Dominic!

That's awesome! Appreciate the information. I can certainly remove the check for Affliction from the damage check. If you wish to have it be used as a damage effect it looks like you are just going to have to add it to the attack line.
    Oh! thank you a lot! You're awesome for the support with this ruleset.

But I think not work with attack line neither. I test with old and new method. Check the picture. Thank you!

MoongooseVsOctaman.jpg

It makes both checks like an affliction resistance DC 10 +rank (THOUGHNESS in this case)
    Last edited by Lordbat; May 13th, 2021 at 09:32. Reason: added a picture

Quote Originally Posted by Lordbat View Post
    Oh! thank you a lot! You're awesome for the support with this ruleset.

But I think not work with attack line neither. I test with old and new method. Check the picture. Thank you!

MoongooseVsOctaman.jpg

It makes both checks like an affliction resistance DC 10 +rank (THOUGHNESS in this case)
    The update is not currently LIVE. It will be part of the next weekly update. As for the syntax, the first one would be correct when this is updated.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Rolling to hit with a target displays Hit, Crit or Miss but doesn't display Degrees of Success. Not sure if this is a bug or just not implemented. (This is important as degrees of success can change the effects of an attack, such as with the Multi Attack extra.)

Thank you for you work on the ruleset, already great to see fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Machaedios View Post
    Rolling to hit with a target displays Hit, Crit or Miss but doesn't display Degrees of Success. Not sure if this is a bug or just not implemented. (This is important as degrees of success can change the effects of an attack, such as with the Multi Attack extra.)

Thank you for you work on the ruleset, already great to see fixes.
    I can add a chat output for attacks with level of success/failures in the next weekly update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information