5E Character Create Playlist
Page 68 of 93 First ... 1858666768697078 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I don’t understand. The players module is shared automatically with your players. To access any content you need to open the module, so I don’t get how you would access it any other way.
    Like I said its moot I added all that info to the DM's module in the story tab so I have easy access to it and I don't have to go into my library and do it the slow way. Also I have a player that has been playing with me for 2 yrs now and he has been using FG for about 4 and I just should him the other day that he can access info from the library he assumed everything was in the tabs. And as I said if I never read the printed version and just went with what you gave me in the story tab I would have never known about the adventure hooks for the backgrounds or that the Appendix A even existed. So once again how would I be able to tell my players to look in the library if I never knew that info was available. Maybe its on me but I rarely look at the player modules or even load them I assume Smiteworks is doing a thorough job and including all the info I need as a DM in my module.

NOTE: All double doors in the adventure for LOS purposes need to be split into 2 individual doors so that the PCs can open either door (or both).

Icewind Dale Chapter 3

04.00.00 Chapter 3: Sunblight
    All player map images lead to blank windows.

04.05.05 X5. Xardorok's Quarters
    Suggestion: the 6 sets of 3 numbers would be better put into a table. At first glance it looks like 2 lines of 12 numbers each.

04.05.08 X8. Private Dining Hall
    All the tokens on the map are misplaced. The 3 cooks are around a stove in the western part of the hall. The eastern end has the stone table with Grandolpha & dragonet sitting in chairs facing the door. This is all according to the text box.

04.07.06 X21. Treacherous Guards
    Both tokens are supposed to be close to the west wall according to the text.

04.07.12 X29. Deep Duerra's Temple
    Missing parcels for the weapons in the NW & NE rooms.

04.07.16 X33. Lower Barrack
    There are two tokens not yet placed on the map. The map only shows 13 tokens and there should be 15 according to the text.

End chapter 3.

Percias, thank you for your feedback and suggestions. Hope you enjoy the rest of the product. Please reach out if you notice anything else that we may assist with.
    Last edited by superteddy57; September 25th, 2020 at 05:12.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I have 2 more chapters to go. I've been doing a post for each chapter to make it easier on you guys. However, no more posts tonight. It's after midnight here.

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    NOTE: All double doors in the adventure for LOS purposes need to be split into 2 individual doors so that the PCs can open either door (or both).
    Generally this isn't a good idea since I have had reports of players being able to move tokens through double doors without opening them when the doors were drawn separately. This was a while ago certainly but since then I've just drawn the one door and advising that double doors be handled by just drawing the one door. In the end it doesn't really matter whether one or the other or both gets opened - so having just one isn't really an issue except maybe for aesthetic purposes.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

astromath, I have gone through your lists and have been updating as I see issues. Many of the ones mentioned have been already fixed and pushed with last week's update or with the hotfix. Can you ensure you have unloaded/loaded the module again or revert the module from the library to ensure those changes are showing on your end?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Icewind Dale (after latest update)
    Chapter 5
    06.05.00 I2. Shipwrecks
    Table: Shipwreck Discoveries
    Text says to roll a d20 and consult the table. This means any roll of 9-20 means no discoveries. Therefore, I suggest adding a ninth row on the table to account for this.

06.08.00 I5. Yeti Caves
    The encounter link creates a new encounter window.

06.21.00 G12. Skeletal Guards
    According to the text, the skeletons do bludgeoning damage, not slashing as shown in the stat block.

06.24.00 G15. Tests of the Frostmaiden
    Missing image? The Tests of the Frostmaiden Scorecard

That's it for this chapter.

Icewind Dale
    Chapter 6
    07.00.00 Caves of Hunger
    The image link for the player map is mislabeled "Caves of Hunger E". It should be "Caves of Hunger W".

07.04.18 H18. Snow Golems
    The tokens are misplaced. They should be in the southern cave per text.

07.04.25 H25. Empty Side Caves
    The map pin in the eastern cave links to nothing. The side cave to the north is missing the pin.

NPC: Spitting Mimic: The Spit Acid action is merged with the Bite action under the stat block for actions.

07.04.36 H36. Frozen Grove
    The dryad's token should be placed on the map (southernmost tree).

Icewind Dale
    Chapter 7
    08.00.00 Doom of Ythryn
    The encounter link for summoning the tarrasque leads to a new encounter.

Item: Driftglobe: The image link is broken.

I suggest redoing the scale on the player and GM maps so that when a line is drawn, it can accurately portray the distance. (I'm not even sure if that can be done. If not, then add a note saying that a 10 foot line is 100 feet.)

08.07.02 Y2. Wizard Spires
    Gargoyle encounter is missing.

08.07.12 Y12. Wellspring of Answers
    Missing encounter with Thing in the Well

08.07.19 Y19. Spire of Iriolarthas
    Image link to the player's map brings up a new image. There are 3 different player maps for this encounter.

08.07.19.12 Y19l. Testing Chamber
    Trap encounter is missing.
    Map suggestion: As it stands now for LOS purposes, once the door is open, the PC can see into the corridor. However, according to the text, the corridor is obscured by magical darkness. This means that the PC can't see into the corridor (even with darkvision) after the door is open. I'm not sure how you can do that. It doesn't matter for FGC.

08.09.00 Avarice's Arrival
    Encounter link leads to a new encounter block.

10.01.00 Appendix B: Character Secrets
    All images lead to blank windows.

That's it of the proofreading.

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    Icewind Dale (after latest update)
    Chapter 5
    06.05.00 I2. Shipwrecks
    Table: Shipwreck Discoveries
    Text says to roll a d20 and consult the table. This means any roll of 9-20 means no discoveries. Therefore, I suggest adding a ninth row on the table to account for this.

06.08.00 I5. Yeti Caves
    The encounter link creates a new encounter window.

06.21.00 G12. Skeletal Guards
    According to the text, the skeletons do bludgeoning damage, not slashing as shown in the stat block.

Missing image? The Tests of the Frostmaiden Scorecard

06.05.00 I2. Shipwrecks
    I think there might be an issue as the table provided lists it as a d8 table in the material I have, but the text says roll d20. I might need to get clarification on this one.

It's not missing, as the image wouldn't help. Without a way to edit the map with text, its not useful and is just a list to track the successes of the trials. A story record with a table would work much better in tracking the successes. As it's a GM tool, there are other ways to approach this that FG has to offer.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information