DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 66 of 89 First ... 1656646566676876 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyNugget View Post
    I found the 'license.html' file within the ruleset references PFRPG, not PFRPG2. Although doesn't impact anything, could be a legal issue.
    Thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyNugget View Post
    There are some other minor things like the classes referencing numerous classes that do not exist (search cavalier under the strings file) but those don't seem to break anything.
    Please only log things that are actually broken or an issue. Code that isn't used isn't breaking anything.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Multiple weaknesses calculated wrong?

Hello everyone,

let me first say that I really love Fantasy Grounds so far and am very glad for the great automation it already provides.
    A quick forum search did not bring up my error, so I am posting it here. Hopefully this is not the wrong place for it.

Now to the problem: If an enemy has more than one weakness and the damage roll against that enemy also deals more than one of the types of damage it is weak to, the damage just gets added up, instead of using the higher value of both. Core Rulebook pg. 453 says:

"If more than one weakness would apply to the same instance of damage, use only the highest applicable weakness value. This usually happens only when a monster is weak to both a type of physical damage and a given material."

To test this I attacked a Zombie (Brute, Hulk, Shambler etc) with a slashing weapon that also deals positive damage. I tested it by adding the Holy rune to a longsword following the guide in the PFRPG2 Effects entry in the wiki:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...5/PFRPG2+Items

Am I simply overlooking something fundamental or is it really not working as it should?
    Thank you all for any possible help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Benlyd; February 4th, 2021 at 00:52. Reason: wrong link, picture changed for clarity

First of all, Trenloe.. you're killing it, thank you for all that you do. Not sure if this is an issue or not but my group was fighting a stone golem and who is vulnerable to water and cold and physical resistance 10 (except adamantine) but unless it was with an adamantine weapon, no damage would apply to the critter. So a cone of cold for example wouldn't do any damage and a strike doing 26 dmg for example would also do no damage. I didn't take screen shots.. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Intemperiae View Post
    Hello everyone,

let me first say that I really love Fantasy Grounds so far and am very glad for the great automation it already provides.
    A quick forum search did not bring up my error, so I am posting it here. Hopefully this is not the wrong place for it.

Now to the problem: If an enemy has more than one weakness and the damage roll against that enemy also deals more than one of the types of damage it is weak to, the damage just gets added up, instead of using the higher value of both. Core Rulebook pg. 453 says:

"If more than one weakness would apply to the same instance of damage, use only the highest applicable weakness value. This usually happens only when a monster is weak to both a type of physical damage and a given material."

To test this I attacked a Zombie (Brute, Hulk, Shambler etc) with a slashing weapon that also deals positive damage. I tested it by adding the Holy rune to a longsword following the guide in the PFRPG2 Effects entry in the wiki:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...5/PFRPG2+Items

Am I simply overlooking something fundamental or is it really not working as it should?
    Thank you all for any possible help.
    Welcome to the FG forums!

Moved to the ruleset issue reporting thread.

Thanks for reporting. This issue is being tracked as RS2.097 in the issue spreadsheet (see link in post #2). It's awaiting a re-write of the damage handling subsystem.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    First of all, Trenloe.. you're killing it, thank you for all that you do. Not sure if this is an issue or not but my group was fighting a stone golem and who is vulnerable to water and cold and physical resistance 10 (except adamantine) but unless it was with an adamantine weapon, no damage would apply to the critter. So a cone of cold for example wouldn't do any damage and a strike doing 26 dmg for example would also do no damage. I didn't take screen shots.. sorry
    There's an issue with all the golem's immunity to magic. FG parses out "magic" from the immunity list and so any damage that is magic (cone of cold, for example) will be ignored as it assumes the creature is immune to magic.

I don't think we'll ever be able to fully automate the golem antimagic ability. But I'll look at the code to maybe trap the "see below" note and not add the immunity. I don't know if this will then break other creatures, I'll have to check...

Issue with Spell assignement during character creation

Hello,

FG Unity version : Ultimate 4.0.9
    Ruleset : Pathfinder 2E

Character creation issue :
    - Ancestry : Gnome
    - Heritage : Fey-touched Gnome
    - Fey-touched Gnome feature 2

Description : when I drag-and-drop a cantrip spell from the Primal list to my character sheet in the Action tab (as the "Fey-touched Gnome feature 2" is supposed to provide) , I receive following error :

"Unable to determine level or class for new spell, please drop within a class."

The thing is that I already applied the Alchemist class to my character and he is level 1.

The system seems unable to handle this specific situation where the character-class is not a spell user but the Heritage should provide this spell however.

Thanks for your advices.
    Best Regards,

MOD: Moved to PF2E's bug report thread
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Jacknight,

On the Actions page, You'll want to add the "spell class" for your alchemist by clicking the Edit List button on the bottom right, then the Add Spell Class button to open a new category. There you can create the Aclhemist category for your character to drop the spells into.

Make sure when setting up the spell class that you mark the ability to cast at least 1 cantrip.
    Last edited by Darkrite; February 4th, 2021 at 17:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacknight View Post
    Hello,

FG Unity version : Ultimate 4.0.9
    Ruleset : Pathfinder 2E

Character creation issue :
    - Ancestry : Gnome
    - Heritage : Fey-touched Gnome
    - Fey-touched Gnome feature 2

Description : when I drag-and-drop a cantrip spell from the Primal list to my character sheet in the Action tab (as the "Fey-touched Gnome feature 2" is supposed to provide) , I receive following error :

"Unable to determine level or class for new spell, please drop within a class."

The thing is that I already applied the Alchemist class to my character and he is level 1.

The system seems unable to handle this specific situation where the character-class is not a spell user but the Heritage should provide this spell however.

Thanks for your advices.
    Best Regards,
    As mentioned by Darkrite you need to setup the "spell class" manually on the actions tab. This is not currently automated, but it will be in an upcoming release.

The message referring to being unable to determine class is referring to a spell class - which are the top level holders on the actions tab for spells.

The chargen tracker is a good place to check for feedback on what's done automatically or what needs to be done manually. In this case the tracker would have indicated that all aspects of the Fey Touched gnome heritage currently need to be added manually, for example:

Attached Images Attached Images

Heyyas, another feature request, if you please ;-)

We love the token lock for the players, but would like it for the GM characters too, so the players could see the movement paths and respond with Attacks of Opportunity and the like.

Thanks!

Thread Information