STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 19 First ... 41213141516 ... Last

Thread: Hacking a Theme

This is more a SFRPG ruleset question, but because we are writing code to potentially affect the operation of the Ship CT, I will ask.

With the normal Combat Tracker, there are two versions: combattracker_host and combattracker_client. I think this is due to the GM's combat tracker needing to show things that he doesn't want the players necessarily seeing.

Near as I can see, there is only one Ship Combat Tracker. Do we need one for the host(GM) and one for the client(Players?) I'm not familiar enough with Ship Combat in SF to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    This is more a SFRPG ruleset question, but because we are writing code to potentially affect the operation of the Ship CT, I will ask.

With the normal Combat Tracker, there are two versions: combattracker_host and combattracker_client. I think this is due to the GM's combat tracker needing to show things that he doesn't want the players necessarily seeing.

Near as I can see, there is only one Ship Combat Tracker. Do we need one for the host(GM) and one for the client(Players?) I'm not familiar enough with Ship Combat in SF to know.
    In my opinion you would need 2 for starship combat as well, but as afar as I know (from playtesting) currently there is just the one.

Connected players get a ship combat tracker that looks like this:
    player.jpg

GM ship combat tracker looks like this
    gm.jpg

I'm not sure where the code to handle that difference is, but there certainly is a difference (to keep players from changing things like round and phase).
    Last edited by bmos; October 1st, 2020 at 15:58.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    player.jpg

gm.jpg

I'm not sure where the code to handle that difference is, but there certainly is a difference (to keep players from changing things).
    Must be there though!

It looks like he added a button for "Show all NPCs" that isn't there for the players. That works!!
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; October 1st, 2020 at 14:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Fletcher View Post
    So how do you change the images to non transparent. Mostly annoying on the Battle Maps.. If someone can share the steps that would be appreciated.
    Extract the extension and open the PNG image in a graphics program that will allow you to export/save a JPG image. This will prevent the image from being transparent. Make a backup before you make the changes incase you screw it up.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    player.jpg

gm.jpg

I'm not sure where the code to handle that difference is, but there certainly is a difference (to keep players from changing things like round and phase).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    Must be there though!

It looks like he added a button for "Show all NPCs" that isn't there for the players. That works!!
    Both are located in their respective files as they both share the parent combattracker to gain some of it's functionality. ct_host.xml holds the GM ship ct and ct_client.xml holds the Player ship ct. The follow the same methodology of the original CT to separate data that the players don't need to know. Plus keeps ships hidden that don't need to be displayed. Many of this is located within the ruleset code and can be seen by unpacking it and searching through the code.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

OK. Here's my latest iteration. It brings up the appropriate Ship_ct depending on mode. (I tested it with 2 instances, one GM, one client connected via localhost.)

Also, I happened to prefer the Ship_ct to be first in the list, so I moved it here. I also used a different button_shipct image than BMOS, BUT! I included his as button_shipct_alt.

I made a first attempt at getting the stack to initialize w/out going to the library. I copied manage_desktop.lua from the CoreRPG and included it as BMOS did data_desktop_SFRPG.lua to override the original definitions, however, it had an unexpected affect, when it should have had NO affect (No changes.) It changed the initial stack so "Boon" was at the bottom and prevented you from getting to the library. Weird!

extension.xml
    Code:
    	<script name="DesktopInit" file="scripts/init_desktop.lua" />
    	<script name="Desktop" file="scripts/data_desktop.lua" />
    	<script name="DesktopSFRPG" file="scripts/data_desktop_SFRPG.lua" />
    	<script name="DesktopManager" file="scripts/manager_desktop.lua" />
    Attached Files Attached Files

I hate order dependencies, however ...

I moved the manager_desktop.lua to be the 1st script loaded, and it resolved the issue --> Library ends up on top and you can reset the list.

Code:
    	<script name="DesktopManager" file="scripts/manager_desktop.lua" />
    	<script name="DesktopInit" file="scripts/init_desktop.lua" />
    	<script name="Desktop" file="scripts/data_desktop.lua" />
    	<script name="DesktopSFRPG" file="scripts/data_desktop_SFRPG.lua" />
    On to trying to address the initialization issue.

My button was just the easiest thing I could think of
    I didn't like that it was pretty much the same as another button that was used lower down, no hard feelings

So, I was able to get rid of that pesky window, but I pissed off FGU:

Code:
    [10/1/2020 3:45:26 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Attempt to instantiate missing window class ()
    [10/1/2020 3:45:26 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Attempt to instantiate missing window class ()
    [10/1/2020 3:45:26 PM] [WARNING]  template: Could not find template (chat_resize) in class (chat)
    [10/1/2020 3:45:26 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  desktop: Panel (identitylist) anchoring to uninitialized target panel (shortcutsanchor)
    I did it by trying to eliminate the Shortcutsanchor and Shortcuts panels. So, window gone, but FGU is still trying to anchor to an uninitialized target panel.

desk_panels.xml
    Code:
    	<panel name="shortcutsanchor" />

<panel name="shortcuts" />

<panel name="chat" modes="host,client,local">
    		<class>chat</class>
    		<bounds>0,90,425,-130</bounds>
    		<dynamic />
    		<locked />
    	</panel>
    It seems since the Shorcuts are now a <subwindow> in the Chat Windowclass, that these would no longer be necessary.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information