Starfinder Playlist
Page 17 of 28 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    SilentRuin, I'm curious what you are doing because I sat with 3 people reviewing the Force and Tech powers for effects and damage options in the combat tracker. I have a couple dozen still to finish, but everything below lvl 6 should be good.
    Let me see....

~100 NPC corrections
    ~900 feature/trait/class/background/feat/item NPC/PC power definitions
    All class definition/links/corrections redone
    Most background definition/links/corrections redone

Need I go on? Try attaching my mod - then go to SW5e Extras group for various buttons if your really curious. With equipped effects these things are auto added into sheets and need power definitions. Granted most are just best guesses or start points - but its a ton of work.

Gist being - to be ready for a purely lazy DM it has to be ready for automation and also for non automation (hence all the links).
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 26th, 2021 at 00:19.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Let me see....

~100 NPC corrections
    ~900 feature/trait/class/background/feat/item NPC/PC power definitions
    All class definition/links/corrections redone
    Most background definition/links/corrections redone

Need I go on? Try attaching my mod - then go to SW5e Extras group for various buttons if your really curious. With equipped effects these things are auto added into sheets and need power definitions. Granted most are just best guesses or start points - but its a ton of work.

Gist being - to be ready for a purely lazy DM it has to be ready for automation and also for non automation (hence all the links).
    And I've done 0 spells - I assume you have those in your .mod which I'm a supplement to.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 26th, 2021 at 00:19.

I can safely say I will never volunteer to do this DATA HELL type of project again. I hate data, and its only been completely reaffirmed.

More than 100 hours worth of data entry.
    ~100 NPC corrections to work in CT actions tab with equipped effects.
    ~900 powers for features/feats/traits/items for PCs and NPCs to work with equipped effects
    All classes, and a lot of backgrounds and feats redone to respect links to powers, NPCs, and items where relevant.
    Whatever light sources for items required powers have been added.
    Custom effects added to complement (duplicate) power effects where relevant to work with equipped effects.

Keep in mind that the powers and their effects are best guess entries and meant to be used, changed, ignored by players as they see fit - they are not an end all in some cases just a start point.

The campaign I used to create this and the mod it built are both provided here. The SW5e_Extras.mod is designed to work as a supplement (in conjunction with) pico's SW5e.Player.Book-3.0.10.mod (put in modules) and his sw5e-3.0.2.ext (put in extensions) from page 1 of this thread.

While I may entertain updating for obvious bug fixes as I'm about to start my own campaign with all this - I am NOT going to actively support this. Hence providing the campaign file and warnings on how you can screw up the links if not done correctly.

May the force be with you

SilentRuin, I feel your pain. Add to this the SW5e writer's habit of completely revising their PHB every 6-12 months... it's very difficult to keep up. They need to consider switching to the WotC (and every other serious RPG) of nailing down their basic rules and publishing enhancements as new content rather than rewriting half the PHB every year. It doesn't effect most simple VTT where it's just an indexed document, but kills work on something as intricate and automated as FG.

I've stopped focusing on module work and just started writing software to make dealing with their constant changes... and it's not working well because their areas of change are not predictable.

SilentRuin, I feel your pain. Add to this the SW5e writer's habit of completely revising their PHB every 6-12 months... it's very difficult to keep up. They need to consider switching to the WotC (and every other serious RPG) of nailing down their basic rules and publishing enhancements as new content rather than rewriting half the PHB every year. It doesn't effect most simple VTT where it's just an indexed document, but kills work on something as intricate and automated as FG.

I've stopped focusing on module work and just started writing software to make dealing with their constant changes... and it's not working well because their areas of change are not predictable.
    Yeah so happy I was able to use all your work or it would have been impossible. And I don't plan on keeping up with the changes. I just wanted a game platform that would work with the equipped effects automation and then run it for my players. I had to rename some conflicting names in SW5e features/feats/traits/items and NPC/PCs where they used the same name for completely different capabilities - had to make them unique. So this is just a locked in version I don't plan on updating but just using and modifying in my own campaign. First session and already I could not find a police droid so made my own Z-59 one with 1d4 damage and ability to stun if they failed on a save after max damage (4) was done. So really all this is just the basics for building a campaign on. As far as I'm concerned - unless you tell me you update your stuff (in a way that does not require me to update tons of my stuff) - I've frozen these mods in amber and will be using them as is in my campaign (with modifications as I see fit as I go along).

Again - really grateful for the work you did as it allowed me to build on it and save a bunch of time referencing or breaking out text into linkable features. I've corrected things as I've found them so just use the SW5e version if you see more than one in All listings and you'll be fine.

For now, I'm concentrating on getting the current SW5e PHB module working as well as I can for the version that was out in Jan. 2021.
    They completely rewrote several classes a few months ago, but this is why I give links to the PDFs that this ruleset adheres to.

Unless you have objections, I may incorporate some of your fixes and/or additions (particularly class/racial/background/equipment abilities) which have been on my long list of to-dos.

For now, I'm concentrating on getting the current SW5e PHB module working as well as I can for the version that was out in Jan. 2021.
    They completely rewrote several classes a few months ago, but this is why I give links to the PDFs that this ruleset adheres to.

Unless you have objections, I may incorporate some of your fixes and/or additions (particularly class/racial/background/equipment abilities) which have been on my long list of to-dos.
    The reason I included the actual campaign I used to build the mod was so that you could include whatever you wanted by having the source local DB versions.

For sure in an ideal world you would incorporate the entire thing into your mod and maintain it all as a cohesive mod in your single mod on page 1. And if it was fully workable with equipped effects I'd dump mine completely and just use yours.

And I need no credit attributed if you do.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 27th, 2021 at 20:02.

I shall be doing ship combat in my own simplified way using NPC ships controlled by players with weapons, shields (temp hit points and recharge per turn), and move/turn type of movement, and probably use kits like slicing and security as separate skills or just use one of the existing skills for resolving them. We played our first campaign last night and had fun - they started in a bar on Denton looking for work and ended up with a dangerous job, half the party arrested by police security droids, and the rest off to a shuttle port to try and rescue the captured members of the party and... well... we'll see what happens GAME ON!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I shall be doing ship combat in my own simplified way using NPC ships controlled by players with weapons, shields (temp hit points and recharge per turn), and move/turn type of movement, and probably use kits like slicing and security as separate skills or just use one of the existing skills for resolving them. We played our first campaign last night and had fun - they started in a bar on Denton looking for work and ended up with a dangerous job, half the party arrested by police security droids, and the rest off to a shuttle port to try and rescue the captured members of the party and... well... we'll see what happens GAME ON!!!
    Those Screenshots look amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegar View Post
    Those Screenshots look amazing!
    Just scavenging off the internet...

https://wrvh.home.xs4all.nl/galaxymap/

https://thompsonpeters.com/eote/maps/

Basically you can usually find stuff for your personal games just by surfing around - they don't have to be for your specific game/ruleset - just images will do. Just don't try to sell them and make sure they are freely downloadable for personal use. And obviously you have to add your own lighting/LOS and whatever other graphics you want.

Thread Information