STAR TREK 2d20

Come on... basic testing please

Today I came up in TEST to see if everything was still working...

1) Map was super super slow.
    2) Vision was not showing correctly with lighting and darkness.
    3) Client did not show ANY tokens.

And then it practically locked up it got so slow.

If your not even going to give a basic test of dynamic assets, vision, and client view of maps before you drop changes - I see no point in continuing testing.

This could not have been tested with anything but the most basic of things before it dropped.

I just switched from LIVE to my TEST version and hit update - saw a bunch of updates - then ran it. Disaster.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 21st, 2024 at 17:37.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Do you have a campaign/map where this is happening? I usually test immediately with WOTC5E maps and tokens before pushing release. I did not see those slow downs.

EDIT: @pindercarl just mentioned to me that @Ecks provided a reproducible test case where there was some FPS slowdown, and he is looking into it now.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; February 21st, 2024 at 19:17.

Dropped campaign zip and picture showing client on left host on right. It's my standard goto test everything in one little area (all FGU and extensions) - no extensions in this zip I gave you - they aren't a factor.

I've forwarded to @pindercarl to review.

Thanks,
    JPG

Superficial testing of latest fix all appears to be working except somehow the light source in the campaign image I sent you defined over fire pit above lizardfolk claims it is on when clicked in map lighting tool but won't actually show light unless I click it off an on. This was ported from LIVE on (and works) at the time so not sure what that is about.

I am having similar issues - in 2D mode the map is extremely laggy to the point of hindering play. In 3D mode the lag goes away, however vision breaks for everything - creatures and players both can only see themselves.

This is with the PF2e ruleset, if that matters.

@MaxAstro,

Just pushed a fix about 15 minutes ago for this. Are you still seeing after you update?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @MaxAstro,

Just pushed a fix about 15 minutes ago for this. Are you still seeing after you update?

Thanks,
    JPG
    It does appear to be fixed now - sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Funny timing, I stopped testing about ~15 minutes before I posted so the patch must have gone live right after I gave up.

Thread Information