5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I just know I'd love to be surprised by beta access now in October.
    The unofficial target date for Beta is October 30th.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'll be happy to purchase upon release. I didn't get in the kickstarter, but have been happy with FG2, and look forward to purchasing the upgraded Unity. Even purchased PF2 recently for FG2. So please ensure emails are sent when Unity will be available to the rest of us. Thanx.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thorun09 View Post
    I'll be happy to purchase upon release. I didn't get in the kickstarter, but have been happy with FG2, and look forward to purchasing the upgraded Unity. Even purchased PF2 recently for FG2. So please ensure emails are sent when Unity will be available to the rest of us. Thanx.
    If you wish to be on the mail list, sign up for the Newsletter. Though they might email every license holder, it's more likely they will just announce it via their newsletter rather than email people who have not opted in (i.e. by signing up for the newsletter).

You can signup for the newsletter here; https://www.facebook.com/fantasygrou...0265896690345/

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The unofficial target date for Beta is October 30th.
    The problem is that gamers ( like us ) take an unofficial target date, as solemn promise, the cross your heart and hope to die, even so far as a pinky swear promise, I guarantee you that someone somewhere ( not me ) will call you a the word "Liar" if it does not happen on that date. It is very dangerous to give gamers even your wildest hunch about a future event.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightLee View Post
    The problem is that gamers ( like us ) take an unofficial target date, as solemn promise, the cross your heart and hope to die, even so far as a pinky swear promise, I guarantee you that someone somewhere ( not me ) will call you a the word "Liar" if it does not happen on that date. It is very dangerous to give gamers even your wildest hunch about a future event.
    Yep :I I debated heavily before replying, but decided to go ahead and chance it!

I've had the opposite problem at times. I asked a question on a publishers forum when an specific book they were working on updating to their new edition would be out. They gave the standard "We can't say answer", so I bought the old edition, only for the new edition to come out the very next day...

Quote Originally Posted by robert4818 View Post
    I've had the opposite problem at times. I asked a question on a publishers forum when an specific book they were working on updating to their new edition would be out. They gave the standard "We can't say answer", so I bought the old edition, only for the new edition to come out the very next day...
    and the reason they give no answer, is exactly what I explained

and the reason they give no answer, is exactly what I explained
    No, it's not. Because it came out the very next day.

There's a difference between "not wanting to make a promise" and "somebody probably just has to put it up on the storefronts, or it'd be OUT NOW."

Your explanation is reasonable in almost every other case, but there's no reason to take it to the logical extreme of "Sorry, if they said 'soon' and it didn't come out in fifteen minutes then they'd be liars and everyone would quit using their product."

It becomes a rule, never tell them anything until after it has happened, if you asked them ( and they actually told you ) they will say exactly that. What I said stands. Yes some have taken the rule to extremes.

Is there any word if during the Beta, Ultimate License users are going to be able to test the program with demo users? I'd imagine that's a bit much, given demo users weren't part of the Kickstarter. I'd just like to be able to test the program in a game setting proper myself.

Thread Information