STAR TREK 2d20

New Video Series - Unity Basics

I've started a new series of videos intended to cover the basic operation of Fantasy Grounds Unity. This is mostly an exercise in updating some older videos that I did for Classic. Whilst the ruleset used to illustrate the videos is 5e most of the information is system agnostic.

If you have ideas for other videos that you'd like to see then let me know in the comments

Video One: Getting Started
    Video Two: Basic Operations
    Video Three: Buttons
    Video Four: Tools
    Video Five: Combat Tracker
    Video Six: Combat
    Video Seven: Party Sheet
    Video Eight: Options Part One
    Video Nine: Options Part Two
    Video Ten: Player Character Sheet
    Video Eleven: Battlemaps
    Video Twelve: Encounters
    Video Thirteen: Rollable Tables
    Video Fourteen: Formatted Text
    Video Fifteen: 10 Tips and Tricks

View the play list here.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 18th, 2022 at 17:42.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I think a quick one on how images are organized would be very helpful. It would apply to most of the other types of Records as well.

How to use the drop downs for groups, adding a category to them, what the various pieces of the Image heading are and how modifying them affects organization. How this affects searching for things overall.

Having that separate from the editing images video will be good.

Thanks,

BOB
    Last edited by anstett; October 17th, 2022 at 17:51.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    I think a quick one on how images are organized would be very helpful. It would apply to most of the other types of Records as well.

How to use the drop downs for groups, adding a category to them, what the various pieces of the Image heading are and how modifying them affects organization. How this affects searching for things overall.

Having that separate from the editing images video will be good.

Thanks,

BOB
    Like video one here? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity

I've covered most of what you are talking about in the next couple of videos which I'm uploading now.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I would keep in mind the audience. i.e. player versus DM/GM. And try to keep them seperate. Or at least some player only videos. i.e. getting started for aDM is different than getting started for a player.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

All catered for

I have only watched a few of them, but I see a disconnect between Video 1 (Getting Started) and Video 2 (Basic Operations).

Specifically, how do you get from the startup page of FGU to the screen showing at the beginning of Video 2?

Similarly, if you have a basic free account and you want to start building a character, how do you get from FGU startup to the screen where you can start building a character? It looks like the system wants you to first either start or join a campaign—which I don’t want to do yet.

As noted in video one you get to the screen in video two either by joining a game or by creating a campaign. In order to create a character you must either start your own campaign or join an existing one. See video twenty eight here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity for instructions on how to use the character wizard to create your character once you are inside a campaign.

Note that the Character Wizard is currently undergoing a revision so I haven't covered character creation in the basics series; but I will do once the new CW is finished.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 28th, 2022 at 13:47.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    I have only watched a few of them, but I see a disconnect between Video 1 (Getting Started) and Video 2 (Basic Operations).

Specifically, how do you get from the startup page of FGU to the screen showing at the beginning of Video 2?

Similarly, if you have a basic free account and you want to start building a character, how do you get from FGU startup to the screen where you can start building a character? It looks like the system wants you to first either start or join a campaign—which I don’t want to do yet.
    Just start a campaign. You can start 100 campaigns. They are just local to your computer.

Very cool you did this , thanks

Thread Information