DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Wounds and Vigor (Ultimate Combat)

Due to the pandemic, I've moved my tabletop Pathfinder game to FG. I am using Wounds and Vigor in this campaign, but I can't figure out how to get the combat tracker to use this optional rule. Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by sirpudding View Post
    Due to the pandemic, I've moved my tabletop Pathfinder game to FG. I am using Wounds and Vigor in this campaign, but I can't figure out how to get the combat tracker to use this optional rule. Is it possible?
    Welcome FG only has the standard wound type stuff integrated.

I do not know this system, but it looks roughly like the StrainInjury system? It might not completely work, but there is an extension for this https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...njury-packages (made by darrenan while I now maintain it) See here for informations about this system https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iant-Extension

You can maybe use that to implementate this?
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 1st, 2020 at 13:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Welcome FG only has the standard wound type stuff integrated.

I do not know this system, but it looks roughly like the StrainInjury system? It might not completely work, but there is an extension for this https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...njury-packages (made by darrenan while I now maintain it) See here for infor about this system https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iant-Extension

You can maybe use that to implementate this?
    Wounds and Vigor is from Ultimate Combat. I'm not familiar with this strain injury system, is it someone's house rules?
    Last edited by sirpudding; September 1st, 2020 at 13:51.

Wounds and Vigor is from Ultimate.Combat. I'm not familiar with this strain injury system, is it someone's house rules?
    thanks, I have found that, too In the second link above you find a thread with other links () leading to the documents about it; yes, it is homebrew and leans to such systems, I think, but also about replacing hit points with "real wounds" (injury in the extension, wounds in your system) and "defenses against getting actual wounds/damage" (strain in the extension, vigor in your system) Crits for example do injury damage

both types will be surely different in some aspects, but you can maybe use that as a basis for your campaign (with hopefully less need of manual manipulation than with the actual code of FG)

It seems like that system only has one hit point stat, so it's not immediately apparent that it may be easily adapted to a system with two, (which is essentially my problem with using the Combat Tracker).

It seems like that system only has one hit point stat, so it's not immediately apparent that it may be easily adapted to a system with two, (which is essentially my problem with using the Combat Tracker).
    It is roughly like this: Hit points = strain + injury damage

So with that extension you would have two "damage boxes" in the CT, one for strain and one for Injury. All damage is automatically treated as strain, except crits, damage due to failed saves and damage of hits which make you unconscious (and there is the damage type injury, when a damage die has this type then it makes always damage into the injury box). Regeneration only heals strain, heal spells and fheal treat first injury then strain. Injury never gets healed by resting, while strain gets completely healed after short and long rests

One dies when the HP is reached (one gets first unconscious etc. as usual), which is, as said, the total of both damage boxes. (but that may be simply avoided, FG does not do so much in regards of this, especially when you insert the numbers manually)

At least you may be able to manually use these two boxes in the CT, you can avoid all the mentioned automations (in case they are conflicting with your rules) by simply inserting the damage numbers manually For everything else you may need to evaluate since I do sadly not know how similar both systems are
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 1st, 2020 at 14:41.

I think in this case, I will just switch back to base RAW, at least until I get more familiar with FG. It's surprising to me that there's this support for someone's house rule, and not for a Paizo rules option published three years ago, but I guess that's what it is. Thanks for your help!

I think in this case, I will just switch back to base RAW, at least until I get more familiar with FG. It's surprising to me that there's this support for a house rule, and not for a Paizo rules option published three years ago, but I guess that's what it is. Thanks for your help!
    When you just started, then yes, first start without extensions such that you actually know what exactly FG can handle and how etc. Then you feel more secure using extensions

About the support: Actually, I am not a dev, also not darrenan who initially coded the extension We are from the community just developing what we need for our own campaigns

SmiteWorks does not support officially any of these rules, which makes sense because I can tell you that it needs a lot of work and maintencane to implement such systems into FG (together with automation etc) SmiteWorks has a lot of other things to do

Sure, but presumably one of those things is publishing modules for the existing supplements to supported game systems and selling them in their store. I'd buy Ultimate Combat for FG, certainly.

Thread Information