FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FGU Sidebar "Text Based" buttons

With the latest update breaking any extension that modified the sidebar of a ruleset (5E in this case), do we still have the ability to modify the sidebar to put graphics on the buttons. I have a friend who has poor eyesight, and we have been using the "Core sidebar buttons for 5E" on a 4k monitor and he had no issue with finding the button he wanted.

New sidebar
    Text Based Buttons.jpg

Core sidebar buttons for 5E
    Graphics Based Buttons.jpg

Blog Entries
    Yes, you can write an extension that uses graphics for the sidebar buttons. But it also might be easier to write an extension that increases the sidebar font size and adjusts the colors. I'm not aware of anyone who has done that yet though I do suspect they will be coming soon (tm).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the quick response LordEntrails.

Do you know where the new listing for the sidebar is, I opened the 5E ruleset and it's not jumping out at met?

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I don't. I haven't done any poking around in the xml/lua in over a year.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Here's a quick and dirty Large Sidebar Buttons extension.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Moon Wizard,

Hopefully you will recognize the reference, Mr. Magoo thanks you. It work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Here's a quick and dirty Large Sidebar Buttons extension.

Regards,
    JPG
    This is better, but what is the syntax for me to add images/graphics to those buttons?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand9 View Post
    This is better, but what is the syntax for me to add images/graphics to those buttons?
    That isnt part of the scope of this extension. To do that will require a bunch more code.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    That isnt part of the scope of this extension. To do that will require a bunch more code.
    OK, so how do I approach that? Where are resources on how to do this or can you tell me? I'm asking how to extend this, not what its specific scope is (which I'm already aware of).

To be clear, I want to create an extension/theme to re-add the sidebar icons. I've worked from one :
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...red-5e-Sidebar

But that extension above only changes the Combat Tracker et al icons. It seems to have no effect on the actual Character etc text buttons. I wish to address this and simply need to know the exact syntax to target the individual sidebar buttons; specifically how to add images to them. Thanks.
    Last edited by MasterDemilich; May 1st, 2021 at 01:01.

Blog Entries
    I am unaware of any examples. Someone would need to recode it and its not something I have time or interest in doing - sorry.

Thread Information