DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Does Unity remove the Port-Forwarding garbage?

As the title asks. I bought the original FG version but effectively wasted my money as trying to work with my ISP to correct the port-forwarding issue went nowhere. I saw that Unity's architecture supposedly avoids this issue but was looking for real user confirmation. I want to get into online gaming via FG, but I'm not throwing more money at the system to repeat the problem I currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderWarden View Post
    As the title asks. I bought the original FG version but effectively wasted my money as trying to work with my ISP to correct the port-forwarding issue went nowhere. I saw that Unity's architecture supposedly avoids this issue but was looking for real user confirmation. I want to get into online gaming via FG, but I'm not throwing more money at the system to repeat the problem I currently have.
    yup, unity supports both, port-forwarding and a server brokering the connection (the "cloud") with which you can avoid the port-forwarding

Blog Entries
    Don't forget, if you purchase from the FG store, you have a 30 day money back / refund policy you can take advantage of for any reason.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

And works like a charm, tested from restricted networks.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I am sorry you ran into problems with FGC. If you are still wanting to fix that it might be possible. Normally the port forwarding that needs to happen would be done on your firewall. If you cable modem is acting as the firewall then yes you might need the ISP to help. If you have a different device that is acting as your firewall then most of the time that is where you would need to setup the port forwarding. While each firewall is different someone here might have the same one as you and could help with getting it configured.
    This is a very helpful community so just ask and we will see if we can help.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

I have both FGC ultimate and FGU Ultimate, personally I found port forwarding annoying the very first time I set it up, but since then now its a 5 minute thing. That aside though I am now all about FGU for my games, its truly a better version of Fantasy Grounds and I confirm no port forwarding issues needed to worry about. I set my game into cloud , public but I password protect it -- provide the password to my players . They simply search for my game from the lobby server or type my handle in unity to find my session. Double click the session and BAM! Its game time.

I would encourage you get a refund with the 30 day money back guarantee (naturally I'm assuming you are still within 30 days of purchase), then proceed to to get Fantasy Grounds Unity. FG is a very powerful VTT that has a TON of extra add-ons you can purchase through the likes of the FG Store and DM's Guild (I love that site btw).... Particularly for the 5e ruleset, I don't think any other ruleset is as vastly support on any other VTT as on FG if you included all the additional mods and extensions you can buy for it.
    Last edited by Mytherus; January 10th, 2021 at 23:29.

Thread Information