DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 96 First ... 715161718192767 ... Last
    How do I...

...usse effects coding for NPC's and monsters, particularly spell effects, but some other things as well?

The WotC ones can't be edited but I figured out how to generate copies of them, but that's a LOT of copies to edit.

Is there a short cut?

I lashed out and bought Rob Twohy's effects coding to save time for PC's and to help learn, but NPC's and monsters seem to be on their own.

A work-around or suggestions would be welcomed.

In general spell and ability effects for NPCs show up on the CT when the NPC is placed there. Where there isn't an effect that you want you'll need to add that into the CT or create the effect in the effects dialog and apply it to the NPC from there. I haven't had to do that very often for any NPCs so it shouldn't be too much of a burden.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

First time Fantasy Grounds Unity user (I am two days old in that regard), but an ancient game master - I watched the video on creating a new race, diligently following when I see that the Subrace feature does not appear in the race window:
    raceswosubrace.jpg

I only have the Ultimate version without any additional modules. So creating things from scratch as an entertaining pastime.

Is there a solution for my predicament - how do I access the Subrace option for creating Races?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithicus View Post
    First time Fantasy Grounds Unity user (I am two days old in that regard), but an ancient game master - I watched the video on creating a new race, diligently following when I see that the Subrace feature does not appear in the race window:
    raceswosubrace.jpg

I only have the Ultimate version without any additional modules. So creating things from scratch as an entertaining pastime.

Is there a solution for my predicament - how do I access the Subrace option for creating Races?
    Welcome

What ruleset? I've never done one from scratch, if you are using D&D 5E or another system with an SRD, load the SRD and then duplicate one of the races and edit it. That's how I've always done it

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

DnD 3.5E Basic Rules

...and thank you for the welcome!

raceswosubrace.jpg

It should have a subrace section when you go into the Other tab. Since by your image that isn't there then I can only imagine that isn't possible in the ruleset you have chosen.

This video shows how you create a race in 5e; I'm not sure if there's any other for other rulesets. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tutorial-Races

And welcome to FG
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

DnD 3.5E Basic Rules

...and thank you for the welcome!
    Subrace in 3.5e is different than 5e's ones (especially from FG's side I mean) Subraces are basically just races, so, e.g. treat the different type of dwarves as separate races Make a separate race entry of each

So - the fix for subraces within the DnD 3.5E Basic Set is a race for each subrace. Thank you for the welcome! Hopefully, this is the beginning of another grand adventure within itself!

EDIT: As I see Kelrugem has already supplied. (Thanks!)
    Last edited by Smithicus; November 6th, 2020 at 17:58.

Blog Entries
    Regarding token facing in FGU (and also FGC since the change now is in both versions).

Can someone explain the decision to have token facing go from being done via the mouse wheel to now requring a shift + mouse wheel?

It seems curious to me that a change to what's always worked well requires **additional** key strokes. Alone, it isn't really a big deal, but as a GM, changing facing for every NPC every round, plus almost every PC every round (when tokens are locked), this extra key stroke really adds up over a session.

Now it's only my personal opinion I suppose that this is a backwards step in functionality, but I was wondering if there is a reason for it.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Regarding token facing in FGU (and also FGC since the change now is in both versions).

Can someone explain the decision to have token facing go from being done via the mouse wheel to now requring a shift + mouse wheel?

It seems curious to me that a change to what's always worked well requires **additional** key strokes. Alone, it isn't really a big deal, but as a GM, changing facing for every NPC every round, plus almost every PC every round (when tokens are locked), this extra key stroke really adds up over a session.

Now it's only my personal opinion I suppose that this is a backwards step in functionality, but I was wondering if there is a reason for it.
    Yes, there is a reason as far as I know (and I think I already wrote that to you in some other thread, but I cannot find that anymore ). With a hotkey one never accidentally rotates tokens anymore while one is zooming in/out. I play with facing rules and that happened so often which then gets annoying. (and the same for players) That is why I then used some part of an extension changing that to some hotkey+wheel

Thread Information