DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Action sometimes does not go against selected target

Even when a target is selected and shown to be selected in the combat tracker, an attack roll will appear in the chat window without showing the result against the target (appearing as if no target were selected). Whether the attack roll is correctly handled or not, sometimes the damage roll does not show the target damaged and the damage is not applied.

Steps to reproduce the error
    Rare at the beginning of a session, but seems to get worse as it goes. Selecting the target from the combat tracker seems to be more stable than selecting from the map, but bug appears with either selection.

Any relevant information from the "console.log" file found in your FG Data directory.
    None

Ruleset(s) you are experiencing the issue(s) in.
    5e

Is this a newly FGU created campaign or one migrated from FGC?
    Newly created

What modules do you have loaded? Are any of these DLC from sources other than the FGU updater? (i.e. manually migrated or 3rd party content)
    3 deluxe core rulebooks, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Volo's Guide to Monsters, Eberron

Blog Entries
    When it next happens can you grab a screen shot?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sorry, didn't think to grab it during the session, but I definitely will next time we play.

Blog Entries
    There was a new networking update released.
    Everyone in your group should update to the newest build 2020-04-04
    If your FGU doesnt show that after updating you might have to uninstall and reinstall again from a new webinstaller.
    So long as you havent pointed your Data and Program files at the same folder manually that should be safe to do.

Not sure if this is a different version of the same bug or a completely different bug, but the action here was taken against a creature which was not selected (with 2020-04-04):

Wrong Target.png

Still exists with 2020-04-17. Tonight there was a different twist, where multiple attacks against the same creature (without changing the target selection) typically went against the right creature, but sometimes didn't (but the damage roll still went against the creature, even when the attack did not).

Wrong Target.png

Not sure if I'm being dense, but I don't see the variable target behavior illustrated in your most recent screenshot. I do see the healing effect applied to the wrong target in your previous screenshot, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    Not sure if I'm being dense, but I don't see the variable target behavior illustrated in your most recent screenshot. I do see the healing effect applied to the wrong target in your previous screenshot, though.
    the last attack does not get applied to the target in the screenshot

Ah, I was looking for an incorrect target, not a missing target. I see it now.

Yeah, both things happen (no target and incorrect target). What I didn't grab in the screenshot was when damage was applied after the final attack roll (which went against a missing target), it was applied to the target that the attack roll should have been against. I've seen it the other way as well (attack roll was against a target, damage roll went against nothing).

Thread Information