Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Connection Test Failing

hey guys ---

I've been running FG for over 3 years now, with nary a problem. Today, my connection test failed and I'm baffled as to how this could happen. Is anyone available to help me with a walkthrough for this problem?

Thanks. I truly appreciate it.

John

Blog Entries
    Sorry John - I gotta get some sleep.
    If its been working ok in the past - try rebooting your router
    If you did any configuration initially to make it work then also check what IP the port forward rule is pointing to and what IP your computer has.
    Good luck!

I did nothing to configure it for use originally. Its been working fine from Day 1. I reset my modem and router and its still a no-go, buckaroo.

Blog Entries
    Can you provide some details of how you connect to the internet? Generally you need to do port forwarding from your router, are you sure you did not do that when you first got it and it has just been working ever since?

What operating system do you use?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

The most common reason I've seen cause the "it was working and now it isn't" issue is that the router was configured to forward inbound traffic to the computer's IP address, and that IP address has changed. For example in the past you may have set it up to forward traffic to 192.168.1.101 and now your computer has 192.168.1.102.

Blog Entries
    please do the following command in a command prompt:

tracert 8.8.8.8

and post here. if you would like me to look with you please send me your email via PM.

I have a game with three other players - all of us from all of our locations are not able to connect to me, or to each other and all "Run Test" are failing. Three locations all have been working before.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollwyn View Post
    I have a game with three other players - all of us from all of our locations are not able to connect to me, or to each other and all "Run Test" are failing. Three locations all have been working before.
    I am not 100% sure what the question here is. You all have at least the full license, you each have been running games in the past, and now no one can connect to each other?

Are you all using the same isp and are close to each other?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Do all of you have a Standard License or better?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    You will need to tell us more. Have you checked your port forwarding and internal IP? Can you post tracert info like above? You can also check out the Discord server and see if anyone in the support channel can help out realtime.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information