Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Random Adventures for Rival Groups

So, I'm creating a random table for Rival groups adventures, I'm using the Tarokka table as an example, but for some odd reason the story isn't being generated in the correct order, I made a general tarot table and it worked, but for some reason this one isn't working properly, how to solve it?

Btw: The story generated in english would be something like that: "The group [Name of the Group] went to [Region] in search of [Kind of the adventure], they found a [Enemy], they took [Number] of days, as result they [Sucess/Failed] the mission. In case of sucess they found [Loot], in case of failure they [died/were captured/injuried/permanent injury]
    Btw2: Don't know how to resize the images here.
    Btw3: I would also like to have some ideas of how would be possible to filter the fields, for example, if I want the group to do a adventure in the desert, how could I force the field "Região (region)" into desert instead of rolling it?
    Btw4: I would also like to have some idea of how could I improve their chance of sucess or failure.

Blog Entries
    If I remember comments from others, you can not control the order in which table columns are rolled on. What you will want to do is use story templates to roll on single tables, rather than the have a multi-level set of tables like this.

But, since I haven't really done much with either beyond very basics, can't give you specifics. Try the wiki or searching for other posts or wait for someone who actually knows to post.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    If I remember comments from others, you can not control the order in which table columns are rolled on. What you will want to do is use story templates to roll on single tables, rather than the have a multi-level set of tables like this.

But, since I haven't really done much with either beyond very basics, can't give you specifics. Try the wiki or searching for other posts or wait for someone who actually knows to post.
    But the Tarokka table works just fine, I even did a generic card reading table based on it.

Blog Entries
    I don't know enough. Just that I remember this being discussed multiple times before and story templates have been the recommendation.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'll try to learn about templates

Ok, it worked with templates, now: Is possible to use "IF" in templates? For example:

IF result = 1 then call this
    IF result = 0 then call that

??

No. Story templates are very simple, just basic string replacement based on table rolls. Anything more complex would require custom extension coding.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    No. Story templates are very simple, just basic string replacement based on table rolls. Anything more complex would require custom extension coding.

Regards,
    JPG
    There are any extension that does it?

Any way to force results in tables using templates? For example: In [Region] I want to force desert, or any way to improve the odds of mission success or failure?

No. As I mentioned, the story templates and table system are very basic. I don't remember seeing any custom extensions built yet to do anything more advanced, probably because there is not as much demand for it.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks, I'll try to improvise.

Thread Information