DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Nickademus and Trenloe thank you for this extension. Another DM, that I share DM'ing responsibilities with, and I use it in our campaigns.

Because of my familiarity with it, it served double duty for me. I am developing a little extension to help with 5E Bardic Inspiration. Dissecting your extension helped me quickly determine what code I needed to change to modify who has "Remove" privileges. Thanks again.

Because I piggyback on the addEffect() function, as does your extension, the load order of the two extensions is important. By happenstance, they load in the proper order and things work out great. If you should touch the code of your extension at some point in the future, might I prevail upon you to please add a "<loadorder>" to the extension.xml? I might not be so fortunate in the future without it.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Can do. What load order do you use?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Is this REMOVE: extension compatible with Starfinder (SFRPG)!?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock1 View Post
    Is this REMOVE: extension compatible with Starfinder (SFRPG)!?
    Doubtful. But be aware that since this extension was written, similar capability has been added into the core capabilities of FG. And since SFRPG is relatively new, it probably also already has much of this already built in. you should look/ask int he SFRPG forums for specifics.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Dear Author,
    Could you please work with SFRPG dev (@Trenloe#1591) to develop a conversion? https://discordapp.com/channels/2745...04589004685323
    Note that I did not get feedback initially from Trenloe, but it's worth a try.
    Last edited by jrock1; May 7th, 2020 at 05:13.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Doubtful. But be aware that since this extension was written, similar capability has been added into the core capabilities of FG. And since SFRPG is relatively new, it probably also already has much of this already built in. you should look/ask int he SFRPG forums for specifics.
    To my knowledge, nothing like this was ever added to FG. They added the ability to remove your own effects inside the Combat Tracker, but there is no way to create an effect button that can be put on the hotbar to remove any effect.
    It is specific to the architecture of 5e, but since it uses a hijack, it might be able to be changed to SFRPG and work as well. Someone that knows the ruleset code would have to tell you if it has an EffectManager that uses the function AddEffect to apply effect to the Combat Tracker.

Trenloe helped with the development of this extension and knows how to duplicate it for SFRPG if he wanted too. He probably doesn't have the time right now.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    To my knowledge, nothing like this was ever added to FG. They added the ability to remove your own effects inside the Combat Tracker, but there is no way to create an effect button that can be put on the hotbar to remove any effect.
    Correct. When this was developed their was not the player ability to remove effects from the CT and this was the only way a player could do that (by making a Remove effect). Since FG now has the ability for players to remove the effects they add/own themselves I've not needed this extension (I'm satisfied with the 'new' FG way of doing it).

But you're right, Trenloe could add this is he wanted, I suspect he has figured like me that the core capability is close enough and not a priority to add. But, that's up to him and I wouldn't be opposed (Not that I use SFRPG)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I still use this extension. Mainly to allow players to remove certain conditions that may be applied on them from other sources that they cant remove themselves. The most common example is removing the Prone condition after being knocked down. I create a power called "Stand Up" with the effect "REMOVE: Prone"
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

In SFRPG I would initially use the REMOVE function to turn off Solarian Stellar Modes (Photon & Graviton) since they do not have a static duration. But I'm sure it can be used in many other situations such as removing the Prone condition as mentioned above. I also would consider the function as a shortcut rather then having to perform multiple clicks via the CT (3 to 4 clicks from the CT, 1 to 2 clicks from the character sheet).
    Last edited by jrock1; May 7th, 2020 at 18:28.

Thanks this is a nice way to give the players some more control and less work for the DM!

Thread Information