Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

What's the point of Steam integration again?

I tried the Steam integration and now the updater is downloading almost everything that I own again (some smaller modules are getting skipped). That can't be good...

"It enables us to do future store integrations like updating Paizo.com for syncing purchases with their store so you can get free PDFs"

It would also be nice if you could keep your own store notified and synchronized. I have a bundle that is out of sync which is a bit aggravating at best.

Last edited by Topdecker; June 2nd, 2017 at 02:09.

Blog Entries
    So..I'm not sure if you are asking a question or just venting...

Steam integration is so that if you use Steam, then your Steam account can be linked with your FG account and you don't have to worry about having DLC through both the FG store and the Steam store.

Or did I miss the point of your post?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am saying that I integrated my Steam account, but the FG store remains unaware of Steam purchases - and Steam is unaware of FG purchases. I _don't_ feel integrated at all and about all I got from it was a lengthy download session. So I am curious if I need to wait and be patient (i.e. data needs to sync) or if this is something that will happen in the future or what.

This was a step towards better integration from an update perspective - removing the requirement to have the Steam client running and logged in for FG to be aware of Steam DLC. Allowing Mac users to be able to access Steam DLC purchases - which they couldn't do before.

I don't know if there are any further plans to sync purchases into the relevant stores. This was just for the update process.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's for the Paizo PDF integration, the store doesn't know what you buy on Steam, so to get the PDF's on the Paizos store they had to get some method of getting all the stores info combined, and the easiest that they have control of is their store so they can make fixes if needs be.

At least that's my conjecture.

It's one step on the way to getting the data to allow us to calculate bundles on the FG store based on purchases from other stores. Also, it enabled us to service Mac Steam users much better without requiring a lot of manual support work. Finally, it was necessary to curb piracy.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    It's for the Paizo PDF integration, the store doesn't know what you buy on Steam, so to get the PDF's on the Paizos store they had to get some method of getting all the stores info combined...
    The v3.3.1 update was not to do with Paizo at all. The Paizo store integration (at least into FG) was done a few weeks ago. See the info in my post (#4 above) for what the v3.3.1 update was for. Edit: ...and Moon Wizards update just above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    I like my theory better.
    You would.

I was unaware of the dependency upon the Steam client needing to be running - so that makes a lot of sense. It would still be nice if the store could flag what you owned - it could potentially clear-up a lot of the two-points of sale problems.

Still like the way Nylanfs is thinking about it . His theory IS better

Thread Information