Starfinder Playlist

Thread: FG Error

  1. #1

    FG Error

    I started getting the following error whenever I launch FG

    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
    Database Notice: Campaign saved.
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
    Database Notice: Campaign saved.

  2. #2
    check the permissions on your campaign folder, also make sure you haven't pointed your data directory at a synced location like Dropbox, Drive, or OneDrive.

  3. #3
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    33,493
    Some information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tc-Fix-options

    Try deleting C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua it will be recreated by Fantasy Grounds. But, seeing as this is an indication of file access rights issues you're best fixing the base problem (info in the link I provided above).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  4. #4
    Sorry I wasn't notified of these responses.

    I'll try these tonight but I never had issues on my old machine. I have a brand new machine with Windows 10 Pro. Folders in the Program Data folder are always read only. I don't understand why these issues are occurring now.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Some information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tc-Fix-options

    Try deleting C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua it will be recreated by Fantasy Grounds. But, seeing as this is an indication of file access rights issues you're best fixing the base problem (info in the link I provided above).
    I'm still having issues even after trying the above. The program loads with no errors but I was running my guys through Sunless Citadell when I opened the Fortress battlemap there was no buttons at the top for masking or anything and then when I clicked on it I got this

    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (imagedetail : image.id-00004@DD TYP The Sunless Citadel)

    Literally everytiume I use the program I have something not work now.

    Help

  6. #6
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    -7 UTC
    Posts
    17,374
    Blog Entries
    9
    Are you running any extensions? The original error don't indicate it's an extension issue, but this new one might. And it's always a good trouble shooting technique.

    Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Are you running any extensions? The original error don't indicate it's an extension issue, but this new one might. And it's always a good trouble shooting technique.
    I just installed the Big Fonts extension but that is it.

  8. #8
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    33,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal66 View Post
    I'm still having issues even after trying the above.
    Have you done more than just delete the file? i.e. I suggested trying to fix the base issue - details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tc-Fix-options Please give this a try, or if you have provide details of what you tried.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal66 View Post
    The program loads with no errors but I was running my guys through Sunless Citadell when I opened the Fortress battlemap there was no buttons at the top for masking or anything ...
    Unlock the image to see the icons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal66 View Post
    then when I clicked on it I got this

    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (imagedetail : image.id-00004@DD TYP The Sunless Citadel)
    I assume you're referring to clicking the link in the top left of the image window (shield icon to the left of the image name)? If so, this appears to be a general issue, as I can recreate the error. "imagedetail" is indeed an invalid class. Don't click on this link for now. Actually, to be 100% correct where the error occurs, it is when the link is clicked and then the mouse button is released while the mouse is still on the link - i.e. the process to open the link. You can still drag/drop image links OK.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Have you done more than just delete the file? i.e. I suggested trying to fix the base issue - details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tc-Fix-options Please give this a try, or if you have provide details of what you tried.
    I did all of the above, I also set the program to run as Administrator. I just noticed something, I never filled in my login information in settingsa on the new machine. I did that and ran update which took about 10 minutes and now it appears to be working correctly.


    Unlock the image to see the icons.
    I tried that but got an error but now after the above it is working.


    I assume you're referring to clicking the link in the top left of the image window (shield icon to the left of the image name)? If so, this appears to be a general issue, as I can recreate the error. "imagedetail" is indeed an invalid class. Don't click on this link for now. Actually, to be 100% correct where the error occurs, it is when the link is clicked and then the mouse button is released while the mouse is still on the link - i.e. the process to open the link. You can still drag/drop image links OK.
    You are correct, sorry I should of been more detailed. Yes the above works, just a coincidence this occurred with everything else.

  10. #10
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    33,493
    Sounds like you had some old downloads present. Doing the data location change and then an update will hopefully have helped that.

    Let us know if the issues are resolved or if you find anything else.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Log in

Log in