Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

New machine, whoops

(Wasn't sure where to post this but since I only play 5E D&D)

So just got my new beefed up Falcon PC and unplugged the old one and spent 2 days installing. Fired up FG to play the other night and realized "hey dummy you forgot your campaigns" I guess I'm so used to everything being in the cloud these days I forgot.

So before I hook up my old PC and copy files to a thumb drive is there an explanation somewhere of what needs to be copied? I was in the middle of running Storm Kings Thunder

In the campaigns folder, there is a folder with your campaign name. Everything in that folder. Or just copy the entire campaigns folder.

Also, if you use modules you'll need your modules folder.

Just get it all and do another update after you've copied, and you should be fine.

Blog Entries
    And custom tokens you may have made.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

On your old computer: open FG, click the folder icon in the top right hand corner. This will open your application data directory. Copy everything from here to a thumg drive, or whatever you want to use to backup.

On your new computer: install Fantasy Grounds, click the folder icon in the top right hand corner. Copy the stuff from your old computer here.

Then run an update, just to make sure all rulesets, modules, etc. are up-to-date.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    ...a thumg drive...
    This is what the loan shark uses to keep his book keeping records of who owes him what, and how many thumbs a late payment costs...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Autowrong really is a menace.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information