DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

About Weight and equipement

Hi all,

Just a simple question, why when you change the number of an equipment, the weight didn't change ?

I had to do it myself or I forgot somethings ?

Smoltok
    Ultimate Licence 4.0.10
    French Player
    Using FG since September 2016, FGU since Septembre 2020
    with following extensions : Advanced Effets, All Automatic Effect by rob2e, Coin Weight, Constitutional Amendments,
    Roll for Initiative, Death indicators, Battlestats, Alternative Wound Colors,
    Dice Color Changer, Local Dice Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Smoltok View Post
    Hi all,

Just a simple question, why when you change the number of an equipment, the weight didn't change ?

I had to do it myself or I forgot somethings ?

Smoltok

It doesn't change the weight of the item on the inventory list (that's just the weight of one item and won't therefore change).

However the total weight in the 'current' box at the bottom of the inventory screen does change to reflect the new weight
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It doesn't change the weight of the item on the inventory list (that's just the weight of one item and won't therefore change).

However the total weight in the 'current' box at the bottom of the inventory screen does change to reflect the new weight
    OMFG !

Where were my eyes ???

Thanks for the precision Zacchaeus !
    Ultimate Licence 4.0.10
    French Player
    Using FG since September 2016, FGU since Septembre 2020
    with following extensions : Advanced Effets, All Automatic Effect by rob2e, Coin Weight, Constitutional Amendments,
    Roll for Initiative, Death indicators, Battlestats, Alternative Wound Colors,
    Dice Color Changer, Local Dice Tower

Also if you change the weight of an item to reflect the number of items your total weight will get really messed up .. an example... if a foo weighs 2 lbs and you have 5 foos and you manually change the weight to 10 lbs then FG will adjust the total to 5 x 10 making your total weight for foos an additional 50 lbs.... because it thinks each foo weighs 10 lbs instead of 2 lbs.

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

So. You can never have too much foo. Dump some other gear to make room. *sagenod*
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    So. You can never have too much foo. Dump some other gear to make room. *sagenod*
    + 1

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

What I like to do is create items called Platinum Coin,Gold Coin,Silver Coin,Copper Coin etc and give them a weight each of about 0.33lbs. (instead of the usual way. The money is Acually in your inventory) NOW lets see them take that 50,000 copper pieces!!!!
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    What I like to do is create items called Platinum Coin,Gold Coin,Silver Coin,Copper Coin etc and give them a weight each of about 0.33lbs. (instead of the usual way. The money is Acually in your inventory) NOW lets see them take that 50,000 copper pieces!!!!
    Weight for coins is good idea, players will have more realistic view and dont want take everything at once. +1

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    That's some pretty heavy coins. In early editions Gold pieces were weighed in at 10 = 1 lb, so 0.1. In 3e onward it's approximately 50 to the lb, so .02 each. Historically you'd get about 26 gold pieces to the lb, so about .04lb. each.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    That's some pretty heavy coins. In early editions Gold pieces were weighed in at 10 = 1 lb, so 0.1. In 3e onward it's approximately 50 to the lb, so .02 each. Historically you'd get about 26 gold pieces to the lb, so about .04lb. each.
    OOPS! Just double checked my campaign and yep I made a mistake 0.033 lbs Not 0.33lbs
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Thread Information