PDA

View Full Version : GURPS 4E Core Ruleset

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

knucklehead
November 15th, 2017, 04:10
Hi knuckleheadA community developer may choose to base it on the previous final/stable release by setting that in their code and foregoing new CoreRPG features until they are ready to update their ruleset.

The primary issue with this is there is code in the ruleset, code in CoreRPG and code in the application. Changes to the Application code are also going to break these previous versions.

Yeah, that's what I was suggesting, the CoreRPG version the ruleset is built on, only until it's confirmed to work with the new one, in which case it's "frozen" til it's confirmed working.

This all falls to pieces if the engine api never guarantees anything to CoreRPG, because then CoreRPG versions mean almost nothing to ruleset developers, so versions should simply be "Current" or "Broken" to reflect their potential for producing a working ruleset. :)

I really, REALLY like that idea presented somewhere here that mentioned using version control, though. Imagine an embedded versioning system (at least where text files are, anyway, binary assets would be a problem) where you could roll back to any stable/compatible release, and corerpg just had different branches storing the diffs rather than a hundred billion ruleset folders? At least the images/versions that were still compatible with the engine.

Still, rulesets/mods/exts are archived themselves, so I'll bet there are headaches involved with having the unzipped versions sitting there taking precedence when an updated, zipped version is installed.

Anyway, not saying it's easy, and probably not introducing any new ideas that weren't mentioned elsewhere I guess, just making a suggestion for the mental health of everyone involved from SW on down to the guy who is like "OMG I can maybe possibly finally run/play GURPS and abstract away just the tiniest fraction of the rules so I can convince others to play"

Whether it's viable or not is left the the people who know what's going on (and who aren't too entrenched in their mastery of an existing system to fairly analyze an alternative system, but I'm assuming the overwhelming majority of people here already take that rational view)

damned
November 15th, 2017, 04:19
I think everyone who has written a ruleset or an extension here wishes there was a way to not have to maintain it every update.
I cant speak for SmiteWorks but I think at the end of the day this issue simply isnt as important as other items on their list so until it is it wont get any traction.
Even more likely is I think that they only want to have the one engine and one CoreRPG as they would still have to do some support and some maintenance for all those earlier versions.

I think some of your lighting wishes are much more likely to get actioned than this one.

Exalted
November 15th, 2017, 11:37
Looking at the wish-list, and not sure I'm getting this correctly, would it be possible to have the "mini-sheets" (Which I'm assuming are for NPCs) to have a layout such as this:

The adv/disad, skills and weapon parts would be scrollable sections themselves.

ronnke
November 15th, 2017, 11:52
Looking at the wish-list, and not sure I'm getting this correctly, would it be possible to have the "mini-sheets" (Which I'm assuming are for NPCs) to have a layout such as this:

The adv/disad, skills and weapon parts would be scrollable sections themselves.

Yes...???

I've not given the mini-sheets any thought yet, so it's pretty much all open for discussion.

seycyrus
November 15th, 2017, 23:05
We agree, though, I want whats easiest for everybody, and I made a suggestion that I thought would do that.

I put more value on what's easiest for the folks already out there bringing in new functionality right now, compared to theoretical unknown future entities, who can only be enticed to participate by a guarantee of puppy dogs and ice cream.

Unless you are talking about a group of folks that are more concrete?

Exalted
November 16th, 2017, 19:29
Yes...???

I've not given the mini-sheets any thought yet, so it's pretty much all open for discussion.

Well then, do consider them suggestions :D.

Gigermann
November 16th, 2017, 21:44
"Mini sheets" are a reference to something that existed in the old GURPS ruleset. There were a couple of buttons on the character sheet that would pop up "mini sheets," one for the basic combat stats like HP & FP, and another for DR/defenses, IIRC. The nice thing about them was that they were separate from the character sheet when opened, so they could stay open as you flipped from page to page, and could be moved elsewhere on the desktop.

Hector Trelane
November 16th, 2017, 21:56
"Mini sheets" are a reference to something that existed in the old GURPS ruleset. There were a couple of buttons on the character sheet that would pop up "mini sheets," one for the basic combat stats like HP & FP, and another for DR/defenses, IIRC. The nice thing about them was that they were separate from the character sheet when opened, so they could stay open as you flipped from page to page, and could be moved elsewhere on the desktop.

The Savage Worlds ruleset for Fantasy Grounds has this very thing and they are useful. Screen real estate is always scarce.

demonsbane
November 17th, 2017, 03:02
I'm just a little fancier about it - I use subversion with version tags, so I can just go into a ruleset folder, and tell subversion "use version XXX of this ruleset" and it updates all the files accordingly.

But what you're doing here sounds highly subversive.

seycyrus
December 3rd, 2017, 03:02
Good news everyone!

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.1.0 - 20th Oct 2017, is now available via the link in this threads original post.

These are the changes:

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.1.0 - 20th Oct 2017
- Added Map Scales and Range Modifier calculation to pointers (Access via scale icon in the image toolbar).
- Fixed bug with effects (post CoreRPG 3.3.3 effect changes. Players can add, remove and target their own effects).

Ronnke, was the GM ability to Shift+apply an effect to an actor's target instead of the actor himself lost in this update?

I know it's been a few months, but I just noticed the missing capability (been a while since I GMed)

ronnke
December 3rd, 2017, 15:43
Ronnke, was the GM ability to Shift+apply an effect to an actor's target instead of the actor himself lost in this update?

I know it's been a few months, but I just noticed the missing capability (been a while since I GMed)

I shall investigate, the shift+apply must have been a core feature as it is not something built into the GURPS ruleset. If it was there and is no longer, then it may be related to the GURPS method of effects. I will look into it.

gr4nv!ll3
December 10th, 2017, 16:12
I've noticed that the points total doesn't update on deleting traits and abilities, only when adding new ones. Obviously there's a work around... if you need to delete something, delete two things and add the one you didn't want to delete back in... but it's kind of a pain.

ronnke
December 10th, 2017, 23:03
I've noticed that the points total doesn't update on deleting traits and abilities, only when adding new ones. Obviously there's a work around... if you need to delete something, delete two things and add the one you didn't want to delete back in... but it's kind of a pain.

I will look into the issue for the next release. Another workaround is to simply change the point value of anything on the character sheet and then change it back. This forces a re-calculation.

seycyrus
December 17th, 2017, 14:48
Ronnke,

Is there a way to hotkey effects? Right now it seems that it just sends the name of the effect to the chat window.

Andraax
December 17th, 2017, 17:13
You "kinda" can. You can't just hit the key, however - you have to drag from the hotkey bar to the CT or the token on the map.

seycyrus
December 17th, 2017, 21:25
You "kinda" can. You can't just hit the key, however - you have to drag from the hotkey bar to the CT or the token on the map.

Nod. It just would be a significant time saver, if the hotkeys could be used to apply to the current actor, and even the current actor's target.

ronnke
December 19th, 2017, 00:00
Ronnke,

Is there a way to hotkey effects? Right now it seems that it just sends the name of the effect to the chat window.

I'm currently away for the week, but when I get back I will have a look at the hotkeys with effects and see what can be done re applying to current actors/targets.

seycyrus
January 5th, 2018, 23:59
Ronnke,

Did you mention before that you were going to be putting out an article in the Daily Illuminator?

Darkholme
January 21st, 2018, 09:13
So, you want to push the responsibility of not updating CoreRPG (a supported ruleset) until GURPS (an unsupported ruleset) gets updated onto SmiteWorks? That's not going to happen. If you use something unsupported, it's on *you* to make sure they work together. SmiteWorks makes sure that all *supported* rulesets gets updates so they work simultaneously - that's all they should be required to do. SmiteWorks already announces, and makes available, the updates well before they push them, so developers have plenty of time to test / update before the push happens. If developers do not take advantage of that, it's not SmiteWorks fault...

If you are using an unsupported ruleset that relies on CoreRPG, your choices are to maintain older versions of CoreRPG that work with the ruleset yourself, or not update until GURPS works with the latest CoreRPG.

Of course, if GURPS *becomes* a supported ruleset, this argument goes away for GURPS.

Why not just do like minecraft does in its launcher, and just let you choose which version to boot, so that even if an update breaks functionality, you can just keep using the old version until someone fixes it.

damned
January 21st, 2018, 11:22
Why not just do like minecraft does in its launcher, and just let you choose which version to boot, so that even if an update breaks functionality, you can just keep using the old version until someone fixes it.

Welcome Darkholme
This cant be done because its not a feature of the application (like its not a feature of 99% of apps).
If a new ruleset breaks something it would be rare for that to mean you cant play at all.

Valekk
February 7th, 2018, 19:12
Hey all,

Anyone know of a way to fix an issue with the total points.
The total pts are shows a bit higher. From what I can tell it relates to removing a skill / adv / etc without first removing the cost of it. Causing the cost to stay active in the point summary.

AaronWhitchurch
February 7th, 2018, 23:23
Where do I put the GCA exporter files?

ronnke
February 7th, 2018, 23:25
Hey all,

Anyone know of a way to fix an issue with the total points.
The total pts are shows a bit higher. From what I can tell it relates to removing a skill / adv / etc without first removing the cost of it. Causing the cost to stay active in the point summary.

You can force a recalculation of the points by simply changing the point value of something (ie an attribute or skill) and then change it back again.

ronnke
February 7th, 2018, 23:27
Where do I put the GCA exporter files?

You drop them into the sheets folder of your GCA data directory. (eg "Documents\GURPS Character Assistant 4\sheets")

Valekk
February 8th, 2018, 22:58
You can force a recalculation of the points by simply changing the point value of something (ie an attribute or skill) and then change it back again.

Hey Ronnke,

Under adv i have 34 pts used. In the point sum it shows 38. I have changed the numbers and all of that a few times, deleted it all to readd it and it still showed just "4" with no adv's there.

I recall before i noticed that if i didnt remove the pts before deleting something then it wouldnt adjust in the point summary. My Gm is aware of my issue and its cool, but wondering if there was a way to fix it.

Amazing job with the ruleset though btw. I love it.

ronnke
February 8th, 2018, 23:11
Under adv i have 34 pts used. In the point sum it shows 38. I have changed the numbers and all of that a few times, deleted it all to readd it and it still showed just "4" with no adv's there.

Can you do a character export from the "Manage Characters" or your campaign and post me the .xml file. I'd like to investigate whats happening with the calculation.

Gigermann
February 9th, 2018, 03:39
Hey Ronnke,

I recall before i noticed that if i didnt remove the pts before deleting something then it wouldnt adjust in the point summary. My Gm is aware of my issue and its cool, but wondering if there was a way to fix it.

Amazing job with the ruleset though btw. I love it.Check your languages and secondary attributes—they can fall under advantages

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 21st, 2018, 22:53
Sorry to show up to ask but the curiosity is great, when will any of the new improvements that are listed?

jhymesba
February 23rd, 2018, 14:51
Sorry to show up to ask but the curiosity is great, when will any of the new improvements that are listed?

You're not the only one wondering, but you're setting yourself up for the standard IT answer to the question "When will it be released?" And that answer is: "When it's released."

Valekk
March 1st, 2018, 15:22
Check your languages and secondary attributes—they can fall under advantages

You sir are a hero.

This is the reason Ronnke. Thanks for your time all =D

ronnke
March 2nd, 2018, 23:43
The next release will be released...When it is released. :P

If things go well, look for it after the weekend.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 3rd, 2018, 14:13
The important thing is to be released the update: D

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 29th, 2018, 03:39
Updates, news, possible launches, automations ... silence and uncertainty drive me crazy !!!
But now seriously if you can tell us how things are going, I would be very happy.

jhymesba
March 29th, 2018, 03:42
Updates, news, possible launches, automations ... silence and uncertainty drive me crazy !!!
But now seriously if you can tell us how things are going, I would be very happy.

Last I heard, it was scheduled for release last week, and then RL happened. I believe he's play-testing the framework in his own game first. He may either have discovered more bugs that need mitigating, RL struck again, or...we'll get good news later this week or early next week.

ronnke
March 29th, 2018, 04:49
The new release has been uploaded. You are welcome to download and play around. I will post change details soon.

In short:
Items (Drag n Drop)able
Vehicles
NPC changes

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 29th, 2018, 05:12
A friend who has knowledge in programming said that he would try to do the weight that the character carries automatically change the move and dodge the character

ronnke
March 29th, 2018, 05:25
A friend who has knowledge in programming said that he would try to do the weight that the character carries automatically change the move and dodge the character

Sure, if he wants. However, that along with some other automation is already in the works.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 29th, 2018, 05:48
Will we have some video or stream teaching to use the new "resources"?

ronnke
March 29th, 2018, 08:02
Will we have some video or stream teaching to use the new "resources"?

I'll see what I can do.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 29th, 2018, 14:19
Only Vehicles tables is working or am I doing something wrong?

ronnke
March 29th, 2018, 14:45
Only Vehicles tables is working or am I doing something wrong?

Yes. You need to enter specific values in the type field. The subtype can be anything you want. These values are:

Defense - For anything that gives you a DB or DR.
Melee Weapon - For melee weapons
Ranged Weapon - For ranged weapons, guns and thrown weapons, etc.

The vehicles also have specific types. These being:
Ground Vehicle
Watercraft
Aircraft
Spacecraft

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 29th, 2018, 15:57
I took the liberty and added to display the HT that was not displaying, but I could not put to display in both tables the Skill

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 29th, 2018, 16:17
But should not these denominations "activate" new fields?
In what if it is defense opens DB and RD if it is melee attack the specific fields as in Ranged.

JollyRog3r_R2K
March 29th, 2018, 20:37
Sure, if he wants. However, that along with some other automation is already in the works.

Hey. Thats me. I'd like to help (if i can find the time). I found your git repo in github, but it seems to be innactive. Do you have an up to date repo. If I manage to contribute in anyway I could send it to you.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 29th, 2018, 22:01
It would be cool if the 2 types of melee weapons appeared.

ronnke
March 29th, 2018, 22:15
It would be cool if the 2 types of melee weapons appeared.

I'm trying to work out the best way to do that as GURPS has multiple "modes" of attack with a single weapon. I'm not yet decided how that will happen, so until then, you will have to live the single line items and maybe use the description field to note the others.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 29th, 2018, 22:25
I understood, so I took the liberty and duplicated the field to separate the types of damage ...
I will do the same with the reach

paladiusdarkhelm
March 29th, 2018, 22:44
Adding a column for the damage types to keep it all on the same applicable weapon would be preferable to me. Then those columns could populate to the swing or impaling sub lines under the item in the combat section when you equip it. That would be sweeeeeet.

ronnke
March 29th, 2018, 22:51
It's not quite that simple, as each "mode" may also has different stats for reach, parry, etc.

seycyrus
March 30th, 2018, 02:49
Ronnke, thanks for your work!

Unfortunately I don't get it!

I've opened up my Items window and see three clickable buttons up top, "Defenses, Melee Weapons, and Ranged Weapons". These must be the weapon types you are referring to. There is

When I click on "Defenses", it opens up a window aptly titled Defenses, but I cannot see where I "create item" in this window. If I go back to the "Items" window, I can "create item", and fill in some fields, one of which is Type. I can fill this in with "Defenses", but cannot seem to get it to populate the content of the "Defenses" window.

What am I missing?

I also noticed that when I open up the Library, there is now a new button "Create PC". Is this new for this update, or has it always been there?

ronnke
March 30th, 2018, 03:59
Ronnke, thanks for your work!
What am I missing?

I also noticed that when I open up the Library, there is now a new button "Create PC". Is this new for this update, or has it always been there?

Yeah you are missing a step. You can't "add" items to the lists. You must first create the item normally and then set the type field as one of "Defense", "Melee Weapon", or "Ranged Weapon". You can set the type as whatever you like, but the "lists buttons" only work with those specific types.

Create PC has always been there.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 30th, 2018, 04:32
I made some small changes and my long range weapons will look like this:

ronnke
March 30th, 2018, 04:59
I made some small changes and my long range weapons will look like this:

Why not do it so the lists take the standard GURPS format.

seycyrus
March 30th, 2018, 09:22
Yeah you are missing a step...

What I was really missing is the "s", or adding it when it shouldn't be there! In the tabs up top, they are plural, but (of course!) need to be entered in the "type" field as singular.

seycyrus
March 30th, 2018, 09:42
Ronnke,

I see that on the character sheet, the old "Protection" tab (Under "Combat" tab) has been replaced by "Defenses", most likely to be consistent with the terminology created by this update. When I create a defense item (Leather Boots, for example), and try to drag it into the character sheet in this area, I get a,

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_item2.lua"]:27: bad argument #4 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)

and the fields do not seem to populate correctly.

Another question - Is there any intention to be able to pull items off (drag and drop) of the inventory list of characters imported from GCA, in terms of damage, reach, weight etc.?

ronnke
March 30th, 2018, 10:47
seycyrus, I can't reproduce the issue. Could you please show me how you have the "Leather boots" item configured. Even better would be to zip up that particular campaigns folder and drop it somewhere I could download it.

The protection tab was renamed to better conform to GURPS terminology used in their books and published material.

Another question - Is there any intention to be able to pull items off (drag and drop) of the inventory list of characters imported from GCA, in terms of damage, reach, weight etc.?

Not quite following what you are asking here. You can drag an item from the inventory list as it stands, however, the current GCA export is not exporting the additional item information the latest ruleset release introduced. This will be updated at some point.

ronnke
March 30th, 2018, 13:56
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_item2.lua"]:27: bad argument #4 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)

Found the issue. Fixed.

seycyrus
March 30th, 2018, 15:36

Not quite following what you are asking here. You can drag an item from the inventory list as it stands, however, the current GCA export is not exporting the additional item information the latest ruleset release introduced. This will be updated at some point.

Thank you for the fix and my apologies for being vague. My question is more of a guidance issue.

What I had done BEFORE this update was to populate "Items" with gear dragged in from character sheets that were imported from GCA. They are not automatically changed with the update. I am tempted to just start slowly making everything compatible with the new ruleset, but if the update to the update is forthcoming, it would be better to wait.

Are YOU manually populating your items and inventories, or are you holding off?

ronnke
March 30th, 2018, 15:58
I suggest you hold off on any wholesale imports of your item lists and only manually update as needed. There will be a new update once I've decided on the best way to handle the multiple modes GURPS has for each item. That update will also be accompanied by a new version of the GCA exporter scripts.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 30th, 2018, 18:08
Now you just have to figure out how to put the new damage and parry and reach fields on the line underneath this "table"
And yes, I left blank the same fill of titles

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 30th, 2018, 19:01
What is Don in Defenses?

TheMookNet
March 30th, 2018, 20:16
Woooo! Thanks for all the hard work, Ronnke, looking forward to trying out the latest!

What is Don in Defenses?
Hiya, yako2020 -- I haven't actually seen the latest file in use, but is it maybe how long to put on that particular piece of defensive gear?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 30th, 2018, 20:59
Is it time for me to wear each piece of armor?

Honken
March 30th, 2018, 21:26
Is it time for me to wear each piece of armor?

Yes, how long that piece of armor takes to put on.

/H

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 31st, 2018, 07:26
And unintentionally I realized that adding combat weapons and defenses are perfectly added combat flap, only melee weapons that add but are not going very well because in the fields I place SW and THR...

ronnke
March 31st, 2018, 08:06
And unintentionally I realized that adding combat weapons and defenses are perfectly added combat flap, only melee weapons that add but are not going very well because in the fields I place SW and THR...

This is the intended functionality. By leaving the damage as SW or THR instead of automatically converting it, it would serve as a reminder for the user to also update the level and parry fields. You could also enter the different attack modes in the damage field (eg sw+2; thr-1) and then manually give them their own mode line after dropping onto the character sheet.

This functionality is likely only temporary and will change when proper handling of modes is implemented.

Honken
March 31st, 2018, 11:24
I noticed when i was filling in some Vehicles that the "HT" does not have a field in the Vehicle item thingie...

/H

ronnke
March 31st, 2018, 12:29
I noticed when i was filling in some Vehicles that the "HT" does not have a field in the Vehicle item thingie...

/H

This issue has been fixed.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 31st, 2018, 15:24
The Defense fields had Don but doesn't have LC for Armors

ronnke
March 31st, 2018, 17:00
The Defense fields had Don but doesn't have LC for Armors

It does now.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.2.3 - 1st Apr 2018
- Added LC to all items.
- Added Holdout to Defense items.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 31st, 2018, 17:45
How to use holdout? How to fill the field?

ronnke
March 31st, 2018, 22:16
How to use holdout? How to fill the field?

Holdout is a stat which appeared in GURPS Low Tech Instant Armor. Basically it is the holdout penalty to conceal the armour, under or as, normal clothing.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 31st, 2018, 22:51
Understood, I am searching in the basic set :D
I think because this I don't find the info :D

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 31st, 2018, 22:52
And I ask, because text or number doens't appear in the table....

ronnke
March 31st, 2018, 23:06
And I ask, because text or number doens't appear in the table....

Fixed. Damn, I should really have tested that after adding it. :o

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 31st, 2018, 23:08
As I like to move and change the look of things here, I made the correction: D
I know I really like to change the look of things: D

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 1st, 2018, 02:42
Of course I'm making these changes in the layout to please me, like HP to the Shield, the extra fields in melee weapons, sorry I do not know how to put these new fields lined up under the original fields.

22819 22820

seycyrus
April 1st, 2018, 14:04
Of course I'm making these changes in the layout to please me, like HP to the Shield, ...
22819 22820

How difficult is it to add in that HP field in the shields? That's something that my group tracks, that seems to always disrupt my game-flow.

paladiusdarkhelm
April 1st, 2018, 14:32
I try and track it as well - for my more gritty, fantasy survival game where resources are scarce and the displaced, racially diverse, experts in their professions try to Robinson Crusoe there way around :-)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 1st, 2018, 15:01
Here is the extension, it is worth remembering that I still want to add the HP of the shields to the CT and the NPCs and if my intelligence allows them to lose their life by taking damage, just like the characters ...

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 2nd, 2018, 23:36
Just for the sake of curiosity, will it be possible to create these wonderful tables for "generic" items?

seycyrus
April 3rd, 2018, 00:36
Just for the sake of curiosity, will it be possible to create these wonderful tables for "generic" items?

Just curious, are you talking about HP for items?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 3rd, 2018, 01:43
No, I am talking about miscellaneus item table list, like weapons, vehicles
example:
Name - Hip Quiver
Item - Generic
sub-item - Weapons and Accessories
and then appear in a list table :D

ronnke
April 3rd, 2018, 01:44

It is, but don't know what sort of benefit you get as generic items just as easily appear in the items window and they don't have the extra stats like damage, Acc, Rcl. etc.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 3rd, 2018, 05:10
I do not know but I think generic items deserve a table for them, to stay separate from the rest and also look more beautiful.

paladiusdarkhelm
April 3rd, 2018, 12:44
I don't mind them all together. If you needed them separate, can you just add them to another folder under items, yako? That way if you want to just see those items, you can use the dropdown to just select that folder?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 3rd, 2018, 16:12
It's getting beautiful, it's being made in the hand, but soon I'll have my items module including the ability to buy and sell ...

DingoSoulEater
April 14th, 2018, 21:22
Would there be any potential to add a pop-out tracker of some variety for resources other than (though if pop-out, might as well include) FP and HP?

A window that creates a List with the fields [Name] [Current] / [Max] would be sufficient perhaps? This would be suitable for tracking anything else that might bneed to be tracked in a hurry without having to try manage them in Inventory / Abilities pages mid-combat. Thinking of examples such as Energy Reserves, Ablative Armour, Ammunition, etc.

I'd make it myself but I'm still trying to get my head around Fantasy Grounds' system for actually modding it. I'm impressed you've done so much already!

ronnke
April 15th, 2018, 01:18
Would there be any potential to add a pop-out tracker of some variety for resources other than (though if pop-out, might as well include) FP and HP?

A window that creates a List with the fields [Name] [Current] / [Max] would be sufficient perhaps? This would be suitable for tracking anything else that might bneed to be tracked in a hurry without having to try manage them in Inventory / Abilities pages mid-combat. Thinking of examples such as Energy Reserves, Ablative Armour, Ammunition, etc.

I'd make it myself but I'm still trying to get my head around Fantasy Grounds' system for actually modding it. I'm impressed you've done so much already!

Isn't that sort of stuff easily tracked using Notes?
Besides using notes, it would be fairly easy to create such a list, provided the things like HP and FP are not linked back to the character sheet.

paladiusdarkhelm
April 15th, 2018, 13:31
As GM, I use Notes for longer term info I want to capture and manually add and track any round-by-round info (positional statuses, status effects, and even current ammo) on the Effects area of the Combat Tracker. For each person as the Combat Tracker ticks through, I update any applicable line-items like this as necessary. You could opt to do this all via Notes if you don't like it popping through the Combat Tracker. You could alternatively as GM, add a new story instead of using Notes for the info if you prefer it there instead of Notes. Would either of these approaches work for you, DingoSoulEater?

GreyPeace
May 18th, 2018, 18:34
Ty for ruleset.

seycyrus
May 18th, 2018, 22:10
Welcome GreyPeace!

What sort of GURPS do you play?

Nexos
May 22nd, 2018, 00:37
Hello!

I'm very new to Fantasy Grounds and I wanted to ask if there were any means for me to modify this theme to localize it in another language (italian, specifically).

Trenloe
May 22nd, 2018, 02:35
Hello!

I'm very new to Fantasy Grounds and I wanted to ask if there were any means for me to modify this theme to localize it in another language (italian, specifically).
Hello! And welcome to the FG forums.

There is a LPAK project that describes how to translate various rulesets. See this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27202-LanguagePak-(LPak)-Community-Project-Program

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 29th, 2018, 16:51
When the Drag and Drop function is available, will new icons be created?
Something like that, I click the advantages button, there is the list of advantages that I have made available for my campaign, so the player drags it to your character and the cost is computed?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 29th, 2018, 17:32
Another question I have is if one day it will be possible to automatically relate the type of damage, especially to "medieval" weapons with the ST of the Character.

ronnke
June 1st, 2018, 07:57
Another question I have is if one day it will be possible to automatically relate the type of damage, especially to "medieval" weapons with the ST of the Character.

I do plan to have that feature.

ronnke
June 11th, 2018, 05:48
FYI. Gigermann has done some updates to his GURPSCore skin. Download it from the first post of this thread.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 11th, 2018, 12:52
Cool! Only for curiosity, what changes?

Gigermann
June 11th, 2018, 15:07
Cool! Only for curiosity, what changes?Mostly just the radial buttons—a big project, since there are so many of them

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 11th, 2018, 15:53

sjard
June 12th, 2018, 22:48
Now I'll need to remember where I put the altered hex.png. I've changed it for my own use from black to a tanish color. Easier on the eyes.

Gigermann
June 13th, 2018, 02:48
Now I'll need to remember where I put the altered hex.png. I've changed it for my own use from black to a tanish color. Easier on the eyes.

23737You could easily turn that into its own extension so it doesn't get overwritten

EdgarGrolles
June 14th, 2018, 17:09
Hi guys.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

I start on FG. I have just one or two questions.

Where should I install the "GCA_export_for_Fantasy_Grounds" files?

And, is there a module for Gurps Horror ?

Andraax
June 14th, 2018, 19:10
You install the GCA export filters into the directory where your current GCA export filters are stored. And SJ Games has not (yet) authorized any content for FG, so no. You'll have to make your own module for now.

EdgarGrolles
June 14th, 2018, 22:16
Thank you for your prompt response. Great ruleset.

phoagne
June 24th, 2018, 10:33
Thank you, ronnke, for this.
But I have a problem or bug of "did nothing and it broke by itself"-type. Sometimes charsheets start to show these error messages. And yes, we changed nothing. Making new same char helps.

edit: I forgot to add 1 thing: after the charsheet is broken, it pop-ups every time you go to the main tab and combat tab.

seycyrus
June 24th, 2018, 18:08
But I have a problem or bug of "did nothing and it broke by itself"-type. Sometimes charsheets start to show these error messages. And yes, we changed nothing. Making new same char helps.

It might help Ronke if you mentioned under what circumstances this problem occurs. Does it only happen when the players join the session? Once it happens, does it keep happening?

phoagne
June 24th, 2018, 18:39
It might help Ronke if you mentioned under what circumstances this problem occurs. Does it only happen when the players join the session? Once it happens, does it keep happening?

That's the problem: we don't know.
But I forgot to add 1 thing: after the charsheet is broken, it pop-ups every time you go to the main tab and combat tab.

We think it may be related to one or another from:
1) host used FG 3.3.5 , player used FG 3.3.4 (if I remember correctly, it broke again even after player updated FG)
2) win update
3) maybe because of russian fonts, but it worked ok before.

ronnke
June 24th, 2018, 23:22
@phoagne

Thanks for the bug report.

Are you able to send the db.xml file for the campaign in which you are experiencing the issue?

phoagne
June 25th, 2018, 02:19
@ronnke
sent via pm

ronnke
June 25th, 2018, 02:42
@ronnke
sent via pm

Thanks. I will look into it and hopefully have some resolution to the issue.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 12th, 2018, 00:17
Is it possible to upgrade from those listed, have any possibility of being released?

HalC
July 12th, 2018, 00:50
Hi guys.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

I start on FG. I have just one or two questions.

Where should I install the "GCA_export_for_Fantasy_Grounds" files?

And, is there a module for Gurps Horror ?

If you need help with constructing modules, send me a private message and I'll work at showing you the easy way of doing it. I also have the Ultimate License, so we can get together and chat for a time. My French is non-existent, so I apologize in advance if there ends up being some miscommunication involved. However, as I have trained others in my last full time job - if I can't get an idea across the first time, using the same words and meanings a second time is unlikely to be successful, so I try to find ways to get around that particular issue. ;)

As I'm currently unemployed, I have no problem with being up at any odd hour of the day or night.

HalC
July 12th, 2018, 00:59
Hi Guys,
While I'm thinking about it - this is NOT related to GURPS stuff per se, but I found it useful when dealing with creating material for my GURPS campaigns. Someone created a TableImport extention that is REALLY nice. You input things on a line by line basis, and the extention will automatically number the table based on the number of elements being put in. Each one line corresponds to one table element (it doesn't handle two or more column imports).

But it saves a LOT of time in the creation of tables. I'm currently working on creating a Cyberpunk Table module for use with ANY GURPS CYBERPUNK campaign. It has TONS of tables (the source material is Augmented Realities The Holistic City Kit for Cyberpunk PDF from RPGNOW.COM) Being able to enter tables that way is a godsend. Eventually, I'll be taking the GURPS CYBERPUNK tables for generating a random node and using the Story Template feature to be able to generate ANY node, at any place - with the press of a button.

seycyrus
July 12th, 2018, 02:17
@HalC

I can't really conceptualize the task you are trying to simplify, but thanks for your work!

ronnke
July 12th, 2018, 02:22
Is it possible to upgrade from those listed, have any possibility of being released?

I'm working on a new update...I won't commit to a release date, but a week, two weeks maybe more. It all depends on when I get some time to sit down with it.

HalC
July 12th, 2018, 03:39
@HalC

I can't really conceptualize the task you are trying to simplify, but thanks for your work!

It's not my extention - someone else put it together. But I downloaded it and used it a few times. Let's say for the sake of argument, you have a table that has 5 entries and you're going to roll 1d10 where each entry appears twice. Me? I'd simply roll 1d5 instead, but that's not the demo here... ;)

Table name will be Five Star Quality
and each entry will have a number of stars in it such that 1 star is a *, two stars is a ** etc.

What you do is click on the Table import button that shows up in the menu when you start a new table. In a spreadsheet or in a text editor, you see this:

Five Star Quality

WHen you copy and paste the entirety of that listed immediately above, the table importer will take the first line, and put it in the Table name section of your new table. Line 1 in your table will now read as:

1-1 *
2-2 **
3-3 ***
4-4 ****
5-5 *****

It imports the material into the table, auto numbers it for you, and finishes up by displaying the new table for you. You don't have to click for a new table, click the edit button, add an additional 3 lines to the two already showing by default, and you don't have to enter in the numbers for the random table. It automatically shows you that your table should be rolled with 1d5 - and if you want to make changes to it, simply change it by moving 1d10 to the dice symbol area, and then rearrange the numbers to show 1-2 * 3-4 ** etc.

REALLY nice if you're copying and pasting a table that has 50 elements off of a PDF. Now? Instead of having to copy and paste one line at a time - you can copy and paste the entire table onto say, Notepad - erase the numbers, type in as the first line of your text file - the name you want your file to have, and import it directly into the Random Table area. No fiddling with how many entries you need before hand.

If you want, email me, and I'll send you a screen shot of the original PDF file document with a single table with 100 elements on it, show you that same table in Notepad, and then show you the table in its import mode, and finally, what the table looks like after it was imported. But that's only if you want to see it. I'll have to try and find the original thread I found this from at Fantasy grounds and give you the url for it.

On second thought, thank GOD I created a link to the web site in my favorites!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40812-5E-Table-Importer

It works equally well in the GURPS ruleset as it does in the D&D 5e ruleset.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 12th, 2018, 03:44
@Ronnke It does not matter how long it will take, but I'm glad to hear that we'll have more updates soon.

HalC
July 12th, 2018, 03:45
I'm working on a new update...I won't commit to a release date, but a week, two weeks maybe more. It all depends on when I get some time to sit down with it.

I look forward to seeing it. Just yesterday, I started playing with the Vehicles tab you create some time back, and copied and pasted a GURPS SPACESHIP sample from the TRANSHUMAN SPACE version of spacecraft. It worked well enough, but when I tried copying and pasting the actual hit locations for the 20 locations (primary hull, middle hull, and tertiary hull), it showed up in the vehicles area with one line for the ship name, but multiple lines for what appears to be the "Locations" area if you use the standard GURPS SPACESHIPS listing of each area getting one line. The only way to get around this, was to place the locations information in the untitled "Notes" section - since that doesn't appear in the brief overview of the spaceships in the spaceships filter. Am I making sense? If you want a screen shot, let me know.

In any event? Nice work. Thank you.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 1st, 2018, 18:26
All are well, I am curious when silence is great here in the GURPS Forum and especially when there is no stream!

HalC
August 1st, 2018, 18:35
All are well, I am curious when silence is great here in the GURPS Forum and especially when there is no stream!

Well, I'm quiet largely because I'm currently running a cyberpunk session even as I type this. ;)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 1st, 2018, 19:12
Cool Cyberpunk!

HalC
August 1st, 2018, 19:22
Yup - guy finds out his apartment is bugged by people unknown, and decides to leave his home behind, sublet an apartment so his name doesn't appear on any leases, and even goes cash on all transactions - all because he has a tight relationship with the Police department to where they do him favors. He's being eyed in a "police corruption" investigation by the Department of Defense and Homeland Security - which he just NOW discovered. As I often tell him...

If you're not paranoid - I'm not doing my job!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 1st, 2018, 19:51
Governement and Paranoid is the key!

CzT
August 4th, 2018, 11:38
Having issues with new FG update: 3.3.6
Combat tracker is spitting errors like crazy on every action that GM does.
GM Tracker is working fine, looks like it's affecting only Player tracker

Tin Can
August 4th, 2018, 19:17

edit: I forgot to add 1 thing: after the charsheet is broken, it pop-ups every time you go to the main tab and combat tab.

Hi phoagne,

I was having exactly the same issue with the same error. The way I fixed it was:

1. Export the character causing the issue.
2. Edit the xml using a text editor.
3. Under the attributes section, find the line that says "move", and change type from "number" to "string"
i.e. <move type="number">0</move> becomes <move type="string">0</move>
4. Re-import the character.

After that, everything was fine. Hope this helps.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 4th, 2018, 19:34
Yes, exporting the character and editing corrects that, but I believe that the combat tracker crashes pro player is more serious and this happened with the change from version 3.3.5 to version 3.3.6

ronnke
August 4th, 2018, 22:03
Having issues with new FG update: 3.3.6
Combat tracker is spitting errors like crazy on every action that GM does.
GM Tracker is working fine, looks like it's affecting only Player tracker

The combat tracker issue has been resolved with the latest minor update. v3.2.4

Download the update from the original post in this thread.

phoagne
August 4th, 2018, 22:42
The combat tracker issue has been resolved with the latest minor update. v3.2.4

Download the update from the original post in this thread.

Thank you!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 15th, 2018, 05:17
we love you Ronnke :D

ronnke
August 16th, 2018, 04:03
we love you Ronnke :D

Thanks. I love me too. :P

HalC
August 16th, 2018, 04:40
Thanks. I love me too. :P

Now I know what to get you as incentive for continuing the fine work you've been doing thus far...

A good old fashioned hand mirror - it is hard to love yourself if you can't really KISS yourself properly...

*snickering AND laughing* ;)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 16th, 2018, 14:17
A gift for you Ronnke.
I took the idea of ​​HalC!

ronnke
August 17th, 2018, 00:10
A gift for you Ronnke.
I took the idea of ​​HalC!

Geez, thanks guys, you didn't have to do that. :)

HalC
August 17th, 2018, 03:05
Geez, thanks guys, you didn't have to do that. :)

Well Mate, someone has to. *teasing grin* If not us, who?

Sometimes it gets rough coding stuff and feeling that you're coding for no one. A while back, I wrote some VB.NET coding for use with HARNMANOR - trying to automate it and making it so that it would print out the data for use with HTML and all that fun stuff.

Problem is - there is too much "subjective GM control" over the die rolls and some contradictory stuff. I had to go back to my playtest notes and make some decisions based on those things. Truth is, I never finished it despite having it about 80% done. All I would have needed to do was finish the HTML stuff, and create the database interface and all that fun stuff. But - in the end, it was for no one. I made myself a promise that if anyone were to at least do the basic work with the HTML 5 formatting, that I'd actively finish the project because someone at least cared. Bet you can guess how that ended up, because I never did finish it despite being unemployed these past few months.

So, yes, it matters that people make the effort to thank you and encourage you to keep plugging away. And yes, even if we've never met face to face, we'd at least wish we could and probably would drink ourselves silly and relating the fun stuff of Gaming together or "how we used GURPS FANTASY GROUNDS" to make things a wee bit brighter.

So, maybe someday, we'll get a chance to thank you properly, or better yet, SJGames will see the work you've done and support it.

On that note - seriously, thank you. :)

ronnke
August 17th, 2018, 03:18
So, maybe someday, we'll get a chance to thank you properly, or better yet, SJGames will see the work you've done and support it.

On that note - seriously, thank you. :)

SJG has granted me permission to develop the ruleset, that alone makes it all worthwhile. Being able to share that with the community is a great bonus. The fact that you guys play GURPS with the ruleset, that's the cherry on top.

I appreciate the support. :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 17th, 2018, 12:34
Ronnke can be sure that we will always support him, be it with words of strength or with help (those who know how to do it of course) either by using the ruleset, or admiring the work and effort of everyone during the weekend streams ( Saturdays) because we do not love your effort but also respect and admire the results achieved by the same, sometimes I put the pitaco and make aesthetic changes, my limit is this .... but if I do it is for being using and for wanting of certain collaborate with something that I believe to be useful.
Thank you so much for everything you accomplished, accomplish and realize!
Bruno "Yako2020" Salvadio

HalC
August 17th, 2018, 14:21
Question? I recall seeing where the notifications and copyright declarations reside in the files for Fantasy Grounds. When I saw those, I remember thinking at the time "you know, this is a good place to also put GM notifications for when people first join up with a game session (such as leaving the software running but being away for 10 minutes on a chore/errand kind of thing). By chance, do you recall where this is located? What might make this feature useful is to have a file location that it reads from a text file perhaps, and then post THAT information for those to see when their system first logs in.

Just thinking...

Gigermann
August 17th, 2018, 14:51
Question? I recall seeing where the notifications and copyright declarations reside in the files for Fantasy Grounds. When I saw those, I remember thinking at the time "you know, this is a good place to also put GM notifications for when people first join up with a game session (such as leaving the software running but being away for 10 minutes on a chore/errand kind of thing). By chance, do you recall where this is located? What might make this feature useful is to have a file location that it reads from a text file perhaps, and then post THAT information for those to see when their system first logs in.

Just thinking...
There is a MOTD extension around here somewhere—probably what you want

HalC
August 17th, 2018, 21:52
There is a MOTD extension around here somewhere—probably what you want

Thanks. I'll see what I can dig up on message of the day via search.

HalC
August 20th, 2018, 21:39
For what it is worth, the MOTD is nice, and I'm glad I got it. I finally downloaded the most recent version of the GURPS.PAK file, only to discover while experimenting with it, that I am having some minor issues. To wit: when I import a character that worked in the previous version, all the equipment how shows up as "unidentified item".

Oddly enough, when I start going back to earlier versions of the GURPS.PAK, when I use /importchar command, it happens with the earlier ones as well. I'm going to keep on investigation this until either I get it working again, or figure out what the problem is. I only downloaded the pak file, not the file for exporting the characters from GCA. I even revisited the process of exporting files from GCA to see if that was the case. It isn't. :(

Will keep you guys informed.

Edit: Almost forgot:

Version of GURPS: 3.2.4
Version of FG: 3.3.6A

ronnke
August 20th, 2018, 22:22
A new ruleset and GCA export file update will address the unidentified item issue. Look for it today.

HalC
August 20th, 2018, 22:34
Hi Ronnke,
As I tried to trouble shoot things from my end, I wound up with more questions than when I started. What I originally tried to do, was scan through the XML files resident in the campaign folder - look for those with the most recent time stamp, and see where the character sheet information is stored. I could not for the life of me find what I was looking for. :(

What makes matters even more interesting, is that when I attempted to use an established character whose inventory sheet was filled out (I had originally discovered this issue when trying to play around with a new campaign for testing things) - I figured "Better safe than sorry" and copied the campaign folder before opening the original campaign folder. It wiped out all of the inventory information from an established campaign. :(

The good news (I hope) is that when I made a copy of the original campaign, I can still recover all of that information.

I did note that a copy of the log file is kept within db.session.999999999 file (seems to be no real sequence pattern to how the numbers are named, as it doesn't seem to be date related) - but no character information.

Ah well, Will wait for the update. Thanks for the intent to update information.

Hal

ronnke
August 20th, 2018, 23:07
A minor ruleset update is now available to download. This fixes the "Unidentified Item" issue in a PC's inventory.

Download the latest ruleset using the link found in the original post of this thread.

HalC
August 20th, 2018, 23:18
A minor ruleset update is now available to download. This fixes the "Unidentified Item" issue in a PC's inventory.

Download the latest ruleset using the link found in the original post of this thread.

Just checked it out just now. It worked just fine. :)

So it was something that changed with version 3.3.6A from 3.3.5A with the core ruleset that made all of the difference? Wowsa.

Thanks. Kept hammering away at it just to see what I could discover, and I still can't find out where precisely the character sheet information is stored in the files. On the other hand, maybe the search parameter I was using for the equipment was the problem. I think I need to take a peek at the Character XML files created by the GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTENT to try and figure out what I should be looking for. :)

nbraker
September 2nd, 2018, 22:47
Ronnke,

Damn... nice! Thank you, SOOO much for the effort.

Gonna talk to my group tonight, work out a donation.

ronnke
September 3rd, 2018, 02:03
Ronnke,

Damn... nice! Thank you, SOOO much for the effort.

Gonna talk to my group tonight, work out a donation.

I really appreciate the intention, but there is no need for a donation...Play more GURPS. :)

blackmoor1971AD
September 15th, 2018, 22:21
Ronnke-
Just found this, all of your AMAZING work for FG, and deepest respects and thanks for your work!
I noticed you have GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays listed. I have been tweaking a conversion of SR to GURPS for .. well an embarrassingly number of years. Any chance I could get a look at the stuff you were using for that? I am always interested in another take on it.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Gigermann
September 16th, 2018, 03:28
Ronnke-
Just found this, all of your AMAZING work for FG, and deepest respects and thanks for your work!
I noticed you have GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays listed. I have been tweaking a conversion of SR to GURPS for .. well an embarrassingly number of years. Any chance I could get a look at the stuff you were using for that? I am always interested in another take on it.
for 4e
Thanks again for your efforts!He just used straight-up GURPS magic and fantasy races—nothing fancy. But there was a conversion that was started (but not finished) for 4e, but it got shut down for copyright violations, I think. Also, there is a datafile for GCA that contains some Shadowrun stuff—gear, specifically—which is helpful.

ronnke
September 16th, 2018, 09:29
Ronnke-

Thanks again for your efforts!

Thanks!

On Shadowrun, it's pretty much as Gigermann described. However, GURPS Thaumatology: Sorcery, would be a fitting addition to the setting if you didn't want to use standard GURPS Magic. Astral space is just Astral Projection (from Psionics) and Astral Sight.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
September 30th, 2018, 21:17
Some prediction of the launch of:

Drag n Drop traits, skills, spells, and other abilities character sheet
Hit Points by location (torso, arms, legs, shield, etc)
Heath status and effects to show in token mouseover(tooltip).
Mini Sheets

mrgrey
October 2nd, 2018, 20:53
Definitely looking forward to the drag/drop stuff - given the modularity of GURPS, it would be nice to be able to make skill, advantage/disadvantage, spell and so on modules custom to the campaign I plan to run that the players can then just drag and drop onto their sheets.

ssostac1
October 3rd, 2018, 01:09
Ditto that! That would make my life so much easier.

seycyrus
October 3rd, 2018, 02:00
Is this prediction based on anything real? Ronnke might be focusing on something else entirely!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 3rd, 2018, 03:58
So, I do not know, I just asked when what's on the list would come out, I know it's done slowly, it was just a curiosity on my part.

ronnke
October 3rd, 2018, 04:27
All the items on the wish list will eventually be tackled. I don't want to commit to dates, as ultimately if real life intervenes and those dates are missed, then people are disappointed. :(

I will say I have some minor bug fixes and updates which could (50/50) ;) come out as early as this weekend. *fingers crossed*

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 3rd, 2018, 04:54
fingers crossed! Ronnke

ssostac1
October 3rd, 2018, 15:24
I am a developer/programmer by trade (albeit an old one), so any coding you would like to farm out, I would be happy to help.

rperito
October 7th, 2018, 04:41
Ronnke - thanks for all the work you have done! It is absolutely amazing!! Your videos on YouTube - especially the "Exit 23" one-shot and "Hell to Pay" w/ Mook - started me exploring GURPS. I started looking at VTT's in the midst of the Roll20 conflagration. I certainly picked a weird moment to research the topic!

Thanks for your generosity in sharing your work and your passion with everyone!

Jaxilon
October 13th, 2018, 08:08
Just wanted to say great job so far!

I had started to ask about adjusting the table for 3d6 but after posting that realized what the answer was...just drag what you want to use into the Custom box like normal.

damned
October 13th, 2018, 08:10
Hey Jaxilon just drag 3d6 on to the table at the top there.

Jaxilon
October 13th, 2018, 08:19
wow, you ninja'd me, thanks for the high speed response damned.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 14th, 2018, 14:57
Can I uncross the fingers? I've been doing this for days, my hand hurts :D

HalC
October 14th, 2018, 19:51
As long as you cross your legs, sure. If your legs get tired, then cross your eyes. At least you don't have to hold your breath... *teasing grin*

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 15th, 2018, 00:08
lol

ronnke
October 15th, 2018, 02:21
Can I uncross the fingers? I've been doing this for days, my hand hurts :D

You can, but then the magic may not work...

HalC
October 15th, 2018, 03:19
You can, but then the magic may not work...

Shhhhhh - he doesn't know how magic works, and we're not careful, the COMBINE will come hunting... ;)

He's not cleared for the SECRET - nor has he been exposed to EDEN STUDIO's ARMAGEDDON (or WITCHCRAFT for that matter!)

;)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 15th, 2018, 03:24
I almost tried to catch my breath, but unfortunately I could not stay with him for a long time.

seycyrus
October 21st, 2018, 02:04
I'm having some confusion regarding the "skip" icon in the combat tracker. It is to the immediate left of the little face icon that cycles through colors to indicate an actor's faction (red, yellow, green). It does not seem to work for me when I click on it, darkening the arrow. How is it meant to be used?

ronnke
October 22nd, 2018, 00:32
I'm having some confusion regarding the "skip" icon in the combat tracker. It is to the immediate left of the little face icon that cycles through colors to indicate an actor's faction (red, yellow, green). It does not seem to work for me when I click on it, darkening the arrow. How is it meant to be used?

This is a bug (which has been fixed in the upcoming release). The skip, when activated, will simply skip the character/npc in the tracker.

seycyrus
October 22nd, 2018, 20:46
This is a bug (which has been fixed in the upcoming release). The skip, when activated, will simply skip the character/npc in the tracker.

Thank you!

I have another question that came up before, but had forgotten about due to the fact that I hadn't GMed in a bit. Using the combat tracker with multiple actors targeted, it used to be that you could apply an effect to the actors target, but it does not work that was now. I believe that you had said that there was some incompatibility between an update to the Gurps ruleset and the parent rulest.

Are there any plans on addressing this issue? It takes quite a bit of extra time find and then drag an effect onto an actor's target, especially if there are multiple targets.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 27th, 2018, 04:08
Hello, I am anxious and curious about launching some update in ruleset, would it have some release date or will it be in the exits when ready?
Hello, I am anxious and curious about launching some update in ruleset, would it have some release date or will it be in the exits when ready?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 27th, 2018, 17:30
I have a curiosity regarding the update (drag and drop) and the weapons.When this function is implemented and for example I drag a Regular Bow that has thr + 1 imp in a character with ST 12 for example it will change the damage to 1d imp and put the range in 180/240

HalC
November 27th, 2018, 18:03
I have a curiosity regarding the update (drag and drop) and the weapons.When this function is implemented and for example I drag a Regular Bow that has thr + 1 imp in a character with ST 12 for example it will change the damage to 1d imp and put the range in 180/240

Not speaking for Ronke - but as a person who understands programming, the character sheet as it currently exists for the GURPS implementation, includes the secondary stats of thrust and swing damage. Dragging and dropping a weapon would largely require that the bow's initial damage modifier be the primary aspect of the weapon (ie Thrust-1 for example) being added directly to the secondary stat itself to determine its final value in the combat section of the character sheet. Ditto with swords or any other muscle powered weapon that might be found.

One thing that I have since determined via use with my current Cyberpunk game, is that guns should have TWO stats to them instead of one. The first stat is the weapon fired single handed, while the second stat should be fired two handed. When fired two handed, the required ST for the gun changes, as does the recoil value. Since the recoil value changes, and this has an impact on how many bullets strike the target based on margin of success - I found it more expedient to include the second line for "Braced".

And while this probably doesn't matter if Ronke gets full permission to automate certain aspects of GURPS for use with Fantasy Grounds - One of the things I found useful was to enter in the speed/range modifier for use with GURPS in the following manner:

Range: 3 yds -1
Range: 5 yds -2
Range: 7 yds -3
Range: 10 yds -4

Add in all of the range modifiers up to range 20 yards

Then I added one addition range modifier item which was:
x10 multiplier (use with other range value) -6

So, for instance, range is 60 yrds. Closest value is 7 yds x 10 yds. Click on 7 yds, then on the x10 for a final modifier of -3 and -6 (or -9 overall).

The logic behind this would be: Is Range less than 20 yards. If yes, use the range lookup value for 1 to 20 yards. If greater than 20 yds, divide the range by 10. Is this new less than 20? If not, Divide by 10 again (keep track of how many times you divided by 10) until the value remaining is less than 20 yds. Then do the final refinement of the range modifier.

Example: Range is 205 yds, speed is 19 yds per second. Total value is 224 yds. Since this is greater than 20 yds, we divide by 10, new value is 22.4. This is greater than 20, divide by 10 again, this becomes 2.24. Now we find that 2.24 is nearest to 3, so the hit penalty is -1 for the 2.24 value, -6 for the first division by 10, and a further -6 for the second division by 10, for a final modifier of -13 to hit. This matches precisely what the range penalty for anything in excess of 200 yds, but less than 300 yds should be.

It took a while before my player(s) could get used to it, but once gun combat gets into gear, they'll know it like the back of their hands. :)

The one player was playing an NCO freshly separated from the military, firing his 10mm Glock 20 at a target 25 yds away - one handed. He took the +4 bonus for firing at a shooting range with known distance, good lighting, etc, took the accuracy of the gun after one second's aim, fired at a target 25 yds away for a head shot. Final modifiers was:

Head -5, Accuracy of gun: +4, Shooting at range with distance known +4, Range penalty -1, Range x10 -6 for an overall -4 to hit. He double tapped his target because he wanted to be certain that all fired ammunition hit. When he went braced with two hands, he fired three shots because of the +1 bonus for braced and the lowered recoil value.

With the skill that he had for his character, he made his head shots. ;) First impressions matter when interviewing for a job in the cyberpunk campaign.

Hope this helps anyone who wants to set up their modifiers to combat rolls table.

ronnke
December 3rd, 2018, 01:31

Yes, it will convert the damage.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 3rd, 2018, 04:43
Great! Going beyond in the question...can I create 2 modes of attack in a weapon...like swords...without using the GCA ?

ronnke
December 3rd, 2018, 05:08
Great! Going beyond in the question...can I create 2 modes of attack in a weapon...like swords...without using the GCA ?

Yes, but....

I'm still working on the how this feature will work interface wise.

HalC
December 3rd, 2018, 05:16

It is hard to explain without pictures, but I'll give it a shot.

Step one: create a character in GCA and make certain you select a pistol for his equipment. Export the character sheet for use with FG. (If you already have this, go to step 2)

Step two: Go to the combat tab. By default, the melee weapons show first. Select the Ranged Tab. In it, you will see the entry for your pistol. But the information is all "packed up" in the sense that you can expand the information. How? Move your mouse over the symbol that looks like a downward's arrow triangle underneath what appears to be an equals sign. It is between the circle with the triangle in it, and the + symbol (if that helps). When you mouse over it, the program will display "Modes". Click on it.

Step 3: now you're in expanded mode for viewing the stats on your pistol or rifle or what ever firearm your character is using. Because GCA only has ONE line of information, that is all you will see when you expand it out. Notice there is a small circle with a / mark in it in white? That's the "edit" button right? Click on that. Immediately, a red circle (I'm slightly color blind, so forgive me if it is perhaps darker brown???) with a white | sign in it. That's so you can delete the information. Leave that alone. Instead, click on the green + circle, which adds a new line or mode, to your weapon stat. In my case, I simply labeled the original line with 1-hand, left everything else the same as it was to begin with. In the new blank line that was added when you hit the green + circle button, I typed in Braced, entered in the skill that was in the original line, added the original damage as was present in the original line, as well as Range, RoF and Shots. What I then changed, was the Rcl value to be 1 less than the original 1-hand value. If for example Rcl was 3, I entered 2 for the Braced line. Hit the button with the / in it, and you now have two modes for your pistol. When you FIRE the pistol in game play, assuming the player is firing the gun braced, you tell the player "Hey, click on the die symbol next to the lvl skill value of the gun in the Braced line. If you fire one handed, use that to roll instead."

That is all there is to changing your gun "mode" in FG. GCA can't handle it unfortunately.

If you ever want to get together to share ideas and thoughts - sort of a "How do you do it in your games" kind of thing - let me know. We can talk about how you've solved some of your problems, and I can talk of how I solved some of my problems, and we can maybe help each other out with ideas etc.

What might be a good idea overall is to have a threat designated specifically for "how do I do this" for GURPS campaigns. It might help cover ground for those newbie GM's who will hopefully come after us and after Ronke gets the go ahead to automate more stuff from SJGames.

One of the issues I ran into when I first purchased FG and got it running, was how to set it up so that it got past McAfee's anti-virus protection. Then McAfee changed their product and rendered it impossible for me to let players game with me as the host, unless I got the player's IP address, told my McAfee program that the IP is a trusted IP address, and allow it through the firewall.

So, just a mini-group of GURPS users to talk about issues might be a good idea.

By the by, I should have said "Open up the character sheet as the first thing in Step 2. Sorry about that...

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 3rd, 2018, 10:18
HalC great tutorial!
Finally I think I asked badly, the fact is that even importing the characters from the GCA to FG the problem persists, the equipment purchased comes unclassified and to "make it easier for my life I like to have them on the item and classificalos tab, - if a sword for example has 2 attack modes one for thrust and another for swing, but when I rate the item as melee weapon I only have one field ie if I drag this item to a character I will only have one attack mode and no the 2 arms of the weapon.
Yes I know it will say that I can create this second mode manually in the FG, going on the combat tab but I am going beyond and I am thinking about the practicality of the drag and drop, I am even thinking in the answer that Ronkke gave my previous question so I could have this kind of equipment as we see in the books.
Another question I have is about Reach in the character sheet on the main tab, what's the use?

HalC
December 3rd, 2018, 19:56
HalC great tutorial!
Finally I think I asked badly, the fact is that even importing the characters from the GCA to FG the problem persists, the equipment purchased comes unclassified and to "make it easier for my life I like to have them on the item and classificalos tab, - if a sword for example has 2 attack modes one for thrust and another for swing, but when I rate the item as melee weapon I only have one field ie if I drag this item to a character I will only have one attack mode and no the 2 arms of the weapon.
Yes I know it will say that I can create this second mode manually in the FG, going on the combat tab but I am going beyond and I am thinking about the practicality of the drag and drop, I am even thinking in the answer that Ronkke gave my previous question so I could have this kind of equipment as we see in the books.
Another question I have is about Reach in the character sheet on the main tab, what's the use?

Hi Yako2020,
I'm not certain what you mean by "unclassified". If you would like, we can arrange to chat via Skype - I just upgraded my old Skype to the new Skype and can use it.

Hal

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 3rd, 2018, 22:32
Character imported from GCA, the Type are in blank.

Type Melee Weapon only one mode...I know...the other mode can be made by hand... but its so much easy has the 2 mode in the item

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 6th, 2018, 11:12
I would like to know if there is any prediction for launching some uptime in the ruleset with any of those improvements listed.

HalC
December 29th, 2018, 18:01
This may already have been addressed, but the mass of the thread itself makes finding out difficult. :(

In any event, I experimented with the classifications of weapons and other equipment for the drag and drop functionality, and found that if I created a type Ranged Weapon (found that in the thread at least!!!) and a subtype Semi-automatic Carbine - and named the item as Carbine, 7.62mm - I could drag and drop the item into the Inventory and the drag/drop action resulted in both the item showing up in the Ranged Combat area, as well as Inventory. Unfortunately, it lists the item's description in inventory as Unidentified Item. So, just for giggles, since I've always been leaving the Non-Id description as blank, I experimented with it to include in that blank field, an actual name.

Presto - it filled in the Non-Id value for the Inventory name.

My suspicion is that the logic being used in the coding (can't figure out where it is just yet, but I'm looking!!!) uses the Non-Id flag being set to its opposing value when it places the Item Description in the Inventory area. If I could find the file it is in, I could try to change it and see if it works or not.

But, if this hasn't been addressed already, hopefully, this helps.

Additional Thought:

I'm guessing that what I'm looking for might be something along these lines...

fRecordDisplayClass = getItemRecordDisplayClass

paladiusdarkhelm
January 1st, 2019, 13:04
Is the little ring in the upper right of the item window of your new item red or green? You can toggle it on mouse click.

HalC
January 1st, 2019, 16:26
Is the little ring in the upper right of the item window of your new item red or green? You can toggle it on mouse click.

I can toggle it on to where the red circle with the slash shows up, or toggle it off with the symbol disappearing. Default condition is no symbol.

So, let's say for example, I have the Imi Desert Eagle statted out. I have the name as IMI Desert Eagle, .50 AE
Non-ID name as "Pistol"
Notes left blank
Type Ranged Weapon
Subtype Pistol
TL 8
Cost 1250
Weight 4.6
Damage 4d pi+
Accuracy 2
Range 220/2500
Rate of Fire 3
Shots 7+1(3)
Minimum ST 12
Bulk Penalty -4
Recoil Modifier 4
Legality Class 3

If I were to transfer that to a character via Drag and Drop - it will list the item as "Pistol" rather than as IMI Desert Eagle, .50 AE

If I were to leave the unidentified field as blank, dragging and dropping the item results in "Unidentified Item".

Now for the curve ball that I just discovered this morning...

When I create the item by right clicking on it in the items folder, it pulls up a blank "item" and I have to fill it in manually.

When I created a character named "Equipment Caddy" from GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTANT, which has a lot of equipment on the character (I figured why bother to fill in the items manually if I could simply drag and drop from the GCA created character). So, when I dragged the IMI Desert Eagle from the GCA imported character - it created an item element called IMI Desert Eagle. Problem was - all of the data that was listed for the weapon showed up in the notes area. So, I took THAT entry, and called it (Dragged) to differentiate it from the one I created raw, and presto...

Dragging and Dropping THAT version worked just fine. In other words, when I dragged that version onto the inventory sheet, it listed the equipment name properly.

Go figure huh? LOL

My guess is that for a pistol dragged off a character sheet, it sets up the "item" as being legit and it works as it should. When you do it manually - It doesn't unless you duplicate the unidentified field with the same information as the name for the item itself. This despite the fact that the Unidentified toggle switch has not been toggled.

Nexos
January 1st, 2019, 16:43
I had the same problem, I figured out that I hadn't updated the ruleset (last version corrects this bug caused by FG update).

HalC
January 1st, 2019, 16:48
I've just reproduced the behavior...

I took some weapons off (via drag and drop) an imported Character from GCA, so that the dragged item into the "Item" folder appeared. When I did that, the dragged item would have the proper name as listed on the character sheet, but all of the fields were empty. The information for the gun would appear in the notes section.

Once I manually filled in the data as it should be (by first entering Ranged Weapon in the type field, which then expanded out the other fields so they could be filled), made the entry "public" so that it would show up in the Ranged Weapons area when clicking on the button - it would appear on that list.

Then, and ONLY then, could I drag the gun onto a character sheet's inventory area, where it would give the proper name of the item in the inventory area.

If I created the same name and stats for that specific weapon from Scratch (ie, go into the Item folder, right click, add entry, and then fill in the name, stats etc - dragging the item created from scratch, resulted in the "non-Id" name being used in the inventory area.

BOTH the item created by scratch, and the item created by dragging and dropping off a different character sheet - would fill in the data in the Ranged Combat tab properly (ie using the proper name rather than the Non-Id field name).

In addition (for completeness sake only, not a complaint mind you)

If i Dragged either the RAW (from scratch) version or the Dragged (ie, created by dragging an existing copy off another character onto the Item folder) - onto the Combat (Ranged Weapons) tab, it filled in the data there, but did not fill in the data in the "Inventory Area".

So, my conclusion is that when you use the method of right clicking and creating the new item from scratch, is when the inventory item runs into problems.

HalC
January 1st, 2019, 16:49
I had the same problem, I figured out that I hadn't updated the ruleset (last version corrects this bug caused by FG update).

That's what I thought too, so I downloaded the most recent version of both the Character exporter for GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTANT as well as the Rules pack.

Problem is - this is all happening with the latest updated version. :(

HalC
January 3rd, 2019, 01:34
Ok - found a fix of sorts...

If I start from scratch - fill in the data for the "Item" , click on the ID toggle switch, then toggle it again - then I can drag and drop with it acting as it should.

ronnke
January 3rd, 2019, 23:33
Just touching base. I'm back from a vacation and in the week I have left before going back to work, I will be working on the ruleset. New release coming soon! :)

seycyrus
January 4th, 2019, 00:06
Awesome! Where does a person from Australia go for vacation?

ronnke
January 4th, 2019, 05:52
Awesome! Where does a person from Australia go for vacation?

To another place in Australia of course. Where else would you go when you already live in the best country on Earth. ;)

HalC
January 4th, 2019, 06:00
To another place in Australia of course. Where else would you go when you already live in the best country on Earth. ;)

Let's see.

Land with the deadliest Snakes. Check
Land with the scariest spiders. Check.
Land with the toughest Men. Check.

Land with the most beautiful women...

Who am I trying to fool. Why would any able bodied man of Australia want to leave to visit some other land - when they already have the best women?

*teasing grin*

phoagne
January 8th, 2019, 13:14
Just touching base. I'm back from a vacation and in the week I have left before going back to work, I will be working on the ruleset. New release coming soon! :)

The suspense is killing me!

TheMookNet
January 8th, 2019, 19:31
New release coming soon! :)
Squeeeeee!

That is all.

Baufrin
January 14th, 2019, 22:30
Just curious how does this ruleset handles a d66(1d6 tens and 1d6 ones)? and is there a way to port that out to more core since I think other rulesets/game systems would/could benefit from that. NVM core has it handled.

HalC
January 14th, 2019, 23:06
Just curious how does this ruleset handles a d66(1d6 tens and 1d6 ones)? and is there a way to port that out to more core since I think other rulesets/game systems would/could benefit from that. NVM core has it handled.

Are you referring to GURPS outright, or table rolls?

seycyrus
February 9th, 2019, 18:02
Ronnke, in case you aren't aware, there appears to be some incompatibility between the Gurps Ruleset and Delux-Oz's sound extension. I thought it was just me doing something wrong, and mentioned it to him here, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension/page135

I don't know when the problem first showed up (which version of the ruleset), because I still have all the sounds I set up with his extension originally. The links and triggers are working, but "behind the scenes" as i can't access any way to view them and/or modify them.

ronnke
February 9th, 2019, 23:29
Ronnke, in case you aren't aware, there appears to be some incompatibility between the Gurps Ruleset and Delux-Oz's sound extension. I thought it was just me doing something wrong, and mentioned it to him here, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension/page135

I don't know when the problem first showed up (which version of the ruleset), because I still have all the sounds I set up with his extension originally. The links and triggers are working, but "behind the scenes" as i can't access any way to view them and/or modify them.

I will look into this.

damned
February 10th, 2019, 00:26
Hey ronnke has there been any further progression with SJGames?

seycyrus
February 17th, 2019, 15:56
Ronnke,

I am not sure if this problem resides in the Gurps ruleset, or in CoreRPG, but I am noticing that effects on the last actor in the combat tracker do not increment properly. This occurs whether or not the last actor is an NPC or a PC. I can switch the ordering of the actors in the CT (by changing their basic speed) and the last actor is always affected even if it was incrementing properly when it was higher up in the CT order. Doesn't seem to matter if the effects is set to decrement or increment, it just doesn't see the "end of actor's round" as the CT goes to the next turn.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 18th, 2019, 03:18
First, is it okay with you Ronnke?
Now the same old question:
When we will have updates (those listed in the first post)
Taking into account that I have not asked for more time and even more time that we have no news of anything.
Already know will surprise us and launch an update with everything that is listed!

SceiccoNero
February 24th, 2019, 10:23
I am following.

Mithalex
March 2nd, 2019, 02:58
I just added this and I do not see any items, skills, traits , or the likes. Do I have to add all of that.

Jaxilon
March 2nd, 2019, 03:47
I don't believe you get any GURPS SJG source data/materials in the Fantasy Grounds system. Personally, I use Gurps Character Assistant to create PC, NPC, Monsters or whatever and export those to import into Fantasy Grounds. Makes things pretty easy. There is a thread about how to do all that somewhere around here or you can look it up on Youtube. I could be wrong but I think Ronnke himself did one in fact.

This question does sort of tie back to the one from damned about response from SJG. The more they are in support if GURPS on FG the better hope we have of getting more easy clickable things. Of course, all that being said, you could create all that yourself but it would require some effort and understanding of creating things for FG. And of course, it would be useful basically by you. I'd think someone has already done this but it's not like they can share it legally. (Unless I'm completely clueless which isn't beyond the realm of possibility)

Anyway Ronnke, I'm planning to do a lot more GURPSing in a couple months (after travel) so I'll join the chorus of those hoping to hear something of an update, planned or otherwise. I'm certainly well aware of how busy my own life gets and personally wouldn't be peeved if you haven't had time to work on this not for pay project.

Mithalex
March 2nd, 2019, 16:17
No just checking when I seen the youtube video for it. It showed items and stuff. So just hopeful that I did not have to put everything in by hand. However thank you Ronnke for making it.

Jaxilon
March 2nd, 2019, 16:22
No just checking when I seen the youtube video for it. It showed items and stuff. So just hopeful that I did not have to put everything in by hand. However thank you Ronnke for making it.

Gotcha. And just to be clear if you use GCA you don't have to enter all the stuff manually, it imports into FG and is available with the character sheet. If you want to add stuff in while in FG then yeah, you kind of have to do it manually as far as I know.

Mithalex
March 2nd, 2019, 17:34
Thank you for you response. I know of the GCA already was just hoping there where a few ext or mod out already that had the basic items.

Gigermann
March 2nd, 2019, 18:41
Thank you for you response. I know of the GCA already was just hoping there where a few ext or mod out already that had the basic items.Sadly, no. That would be a breach of copyright. Until official support happens…

seycyrus
March 2nd, 2019, 19:26
Thank you for you response. I know of the GCA already was just hoping there where a few ext or mod out already that had the basic items.

I *THINK* that the best way to manually input the items is to create some GCA characters such as, Armor Guy, Containers Guy, Weapons Guy, etc. export them into FG, and then pull them off the "character sheets" into the items repository.

Jaxilon
March 2nd, 2019, 23:20
I *THINK* that the best way to manually input the items is to create some GCA characters such as, Armor Guy, Containers Guy, Weapons Guy, etc. export them into FG, and then pull them off the "character sheets" into the items repository.

It's a good idea but it doesn't quite work with the stats yet. At least not for me.

seycyrus
March 2nd, 2019, 23:41
It's a good idea but it doesn't quite work with the stats yet. At least not for me.

Hrm, I think I recall there being some manual work necessary. Please refresh my memory, what do you mean by, "with the stats".

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 3rd, 2019, 12:49
I believe the "stats" are for example ST 14 and the weapon in the items or store has for example a Thrusting Great Sword thr+3 imp and sw+3 cut and these fields in same item.

Jaxilon
March 5th, 2019, 02:56
Hrm, I think I recall there being some manual work necessary. Please refresh my memory, what do you mean by, "with the stats".

Well, if I import a mule character with an Axe and drag that axe to a player character they get an Axe but none of the stats work. The Wt isn't included in inventory nor any of the detail information such as TL, Combat stats, etc that you can see on the original when you click the up arrow.

So I'd have to give it to the character over in GCA and re-import that character in order for the axe to be ready for combat. I could manually enter all that information but that's just clerical busy work and not that fun.

I just assuming Ronnke hasn't built that into the system yet/or isn't going to.

I've tried making a trade between two characters, dragging from one inventory to another, lets say a dagger but it's the same issue. It's not the end of the world but it is a bummer compared with other systems where this works.

If I'm doing something wrong and this works for everyone else please point me in the right direction because I'm clearly off the path.

SirMatthew
March 5th, 2019, 13:41
are u still working on this?

ronnke
March 6th, 2019, 03:51
are u still working on this?

Yes.

SirMatthew
March 6th, 2019, 08:06
Yes.

So i was trying to make items but is it true that i can´t make categoris lige Armor Warpoms Food mm.

ronnke
March 7th, 2019, 12:29
So i was trying to make items but is it true that i can´t make categoris lige Armor Warpoms Food mm.

You can make categories, they just don't appear as clickable buttons (which open weapon lists) like the armor, ranged and melee weapons do.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 20th, 2019, 15:07
Something like this?
I made a extension to add buttons and made a translation, because I am brazilian :D

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 23rd, 2019, 17:17
Why do not NPCs have a defensive field ... just like they have for weapons?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 25th, 2019, 03:34
I made some adjustments to my extension package and inserted the shield life points.
But there are some flaws that I have no idea how to correct.
1 - Nothing appears when the character or npc has no such device.
2 - The Damage applied in the CT reduce the HP of the shield
3 - Have more than one status level just like you have with HP

I know it's a silly thing to do, but I think of the shield as a survival for the wearer and I think you do not have to control how much life it has, or opening notes for management is a good thing.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 25th, 2019, 03:38
26826 26827

ronnke
March 25th, 2019, 08:52
26826 26827

I don't know what I should be looking at?

ronnke
March 25th, 2019, 08:58
Why do not NPCs have a defensive field ... just like they have for weapons?

No particular reason, it's just to try and keep the NPC sheets simple.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 25th, 2019, 19:57
The picture has the new field PV do Escudo (Shield Hit Points) on the CT Ronnke

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 25th, 2019, 21:36
I've added 2 fields in the options, these fields do the same as the character's health display field however they do it for the shield on the player's combat tracker.
but there are still some things that change in some things in the player's CT.
1 - If the fields are off nothing appears
2 - If the field is on, the correct label appears.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 25th, 2019, 21:58

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 25th, 2019, 21:59

seycyrus
March 26th, 2019, 00:43
I've added 2 fields in the options, these fields do the same as the character's health display field however they do it for the shield on the player's combat tracker.
but there are still some things that change in some things in the player's CT.
1 - If the fields are off nothing appears
2 - If the field is on, the correct label appears.

Let me jump in and ask a question that Ronnke might be interested in. Regarding 1). What is supposed to happen if the fields are off?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 26th, 2019, 00:57
When you select Show HP in options, they had 3 options
1 - Detailed (Show FP and HP to player)
2 - Status (Show an description)
3 - Off (Shpw nothing)

I do this but to a new field a Shield HP field

I know this is good only for shield and Medieval campaigns

But I think is a good add to game, because we can "automate" the damage and hit points of the shield without need open a note for example.

ronnke
March 27th, 2019, 08:07
When you select Show HP in options, they had 3 options
But I think is a good add to game, because we can "automate" the damage and hit points of the shield without need open a note for example.

So are you requesting I add something like that to the ruleset?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 27th, 2019, 10:08
I would imagine it would be a good addition to the system to add a hit points attribute to objects in case the specific object will be the Shield but this can be done in the future. it would be more interesting to have those proposals listed in the first topic posted and this be released in the future or if you want I can pass on to you my extension and so you can analyze and see what would be useful to add to the GURPS rule set. Well, I know I'm anxious to see that the list to be made is complete.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 20th, 2019, 15:32
In the future it will be possible to apply effects and they apply "modifiers"
Example: I apply the "Kneeling" effect on a character by doing this we know that it will have reducer to attack, to be attacked and also to use your active defenses.

ronnke
April 21st, 2019, 14:49
Example: I apply the "Kneeling" effect on a character by doing this we know that it will have reducer to attack, to be attacked and also to use your active defenses.

It will be difficult to implement something like that when it comes to GURPS, because many of these modifiers are situational. Usually the GM will make the call as to whether a particular modifier applies. Besides that, specific permission will likely be required from SJG before implementing such a feature.

Nexos
April 21st, 2019, 15:34

No need to have it as a feature of the ruleset, just put a "Attacker: kneeling" and a "Defender: kneeling" status in your modifiers list and use it whenever the case.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 21st, 2019, 17:44
I understand Ronnke, it would be difficult even and when we will have the updates listed and another curiosity the team intends to migrate to the UNITY version?
And ours liked his Nexos tip.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 30th, 2019, 15:33
When I question about the effects, I understand that they are situational, but I imagine that at least for now it would be useful because the icons created by the gigerman would be stuck to the token giving more freedom of movement and in the future the modifiers could be added.

ronnke
May 1st, 2019, 09:15
When I question about the effects, I understand that they are situational, but I imagine that at least for now it would be useful because the icons created by the gigerman would be stuck to the token giving more freedom of movement and in the future the modifiers could be added.

I have an idea on a way to do this. I will experiment a little and include in the next major release.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 1st, 2019, 09:31
Cool, thanks Ronnke

ronnke
May 1st, 2019, 09:33
Posted a minor update to the ruleset. This added an ammo counter on ranged weapons. Ammo is automatically reduced by the RoF value configured for a particular mode. So, if your weapon is capable of different RoFs, then you should setup a new "mode" for that desired RoF (it's also a good way to include RoF hit bonuses to your skill levels).

I'm still working on the next Major Release.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 2nd, 2019, 02:36
Thanks for the ammo counter!
Now I have a question, when I start a combat and I click the next actor, the chat only shows the indication of which character is acting if he is allied, if he has any other status appears hidden and does not indicate to the players that the enemy is acting and which enemy is acting.
My rolls appear anyway

27247 27248 27249 27250

SceiccoNero
May 20th, 2019, 21:15
Thanks man! That's amazing!

seycyrus
May 20th, 2019, 23:20
Posted a minor update to the ruleset. This added an ammo counter on ranged weapons. Ammo is automatically reduced by the RoF value configured for a particular mode. So, if your weapon is capable of different RoFs, then you should setup a new "mode" for that desired RoF (it's also a good way to include RoF hit bonuses to your skill levels).

I'm still working on the next Major Release.

Just noticed this Ronnke, pretty cool!

What would be the best way to take into account different ammo types for each weapon? Say, silver versus regular arrows for a bow?

ronnke
May 21st, 2019, 07:17
Just noticed this Ronnke, pretty cool!

What would be the best way to take into account different ammo types for each weapon? Say, silver versus regular arrows for a bow?

Probably make a duplicate of the weapon. ie Bow and Bow (Silver Arrows).

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 21st, 2019, 13:55
I'll just give you a hint of what I would do if I could program
1 - would keep that field as the total of loaded ammunition.
2 - Instead of doubling the weapon would make another attack mode for it, would add the ammunition field in attack mode as well.
Then the independent field you created would make the sum of the modes and the shots would subtract from the way you rolled the attack and consequently remove the total ammunition.
So in theory I would have long bow (example)
1 mode shooting "common" arrows and another mode with the same shooting characteristics let say silver arrows.
But as I said I'm not a programmer and this is just a guess I believe will work.

DingoSoulEater
May 21st, 2019, 17:02
Hey Ronnke. I wanted to make an adjustment and addition to the system for my own use and think I can do it on my own as I'm familiar (definitely not a professional) with programming. Unfortunately I have no idea how fantasy grounds is structured and this not sure what parts of the ruleset I should be looking at.

I want to be able to use a custom dice (Nd01, for fractional 1/10 dice)) in the damage field of an attack. I can get /die Nd01 working as a text command and as a radial custom dice option, but any attempt to do so via a dice input field doesn't work.

Can you point me towards a file or script or place I should be looking to do these changes? I'm sure I can work out the rest on my own.

DingoSoulEater
May 27th, 2019, 16:08
Edit! Turns out all of this ssilly needing confirmation was because I completely forgot to comment out one of my own lines.

I got it working! Fractional dice! I've juist got to work out how to make it an extension rather than overriding the ruleset's functions. Later.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 27th, 2019, 16:29
I was thinking about what I said above, one has to suffer programming, just create another attack mode for the weapon.
Much simpler!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 10th, 2019, 05:37
While working on the basic module, more specifically on the players, I noticed that the grenades and explosives had an exclusive field for them, so I decided to add this modality to the spreadsheets and items in my extension, I only need to improve the roll for this new type