5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier7 View Post
    Thanks all.
    Is there any way to see what the biggest memory hogs are?
    I've gone through and unshared a load of things, deleted a load of assets that I wont be needing - not sure if they affect things.
    Anything else I can do?
    Large maps, extensions, and hundreds of unnecessary tokens or map assets.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Large maps, extensions, and hundreds of unnecessary tokens or map assets.
    Oh no, so the assets all count even if you haven't saved them as image record or shared them?

If so, I'm damned.
    Forever DM - Fifth Edition (Homebrew Campaign)
    Would love to try Call of Cthulhu. Any Gatekeepers out there?
    Wish List Item - Hide death chat notifications

Blog Entries
    Oh no, so the assets all count even if you haven't saved them as image record or shared them?

If so, I'm damned.
    I'm not sure. During the beta test, yes. It's why I don't have my tens of thousands of maps and assets in FG and keep them outside until I need them. But I think Moon has said that issue has been resolved, but I'm not certian.

But should be easy to test, launch FG and see how much memory it takes up when you open your campaign. Close FG and just move your whole tokens &/or images folder (or even rename it) and see how much memory it takes up.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Large images (>4Kx4K pixel resolution) will still cause issues, especially if they have FX, LoS, etc. Also, they will slow down the Assets window as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm not sure. During the beta test, yes. It's why I don't have my tens of thousands of maps and assets in FG and keep them outside until I need them. But I think Moon has said that issue has been resolved, but I'm not certian.

But should be easy to test, launch FG and see how much memory it takes up when you open your campaign. Close FG and just move your whole tokens &/or images folder (or even rename it) and see how much memory it takes up.
    How do I check the memory it's using up? Is that the ol' CRTL+ALT+DEL?

How do I check the memory it's using up? Is that the ol' CRTL+ALT+DEL?
    Yes, use the task manager. Either via CTRL+ALT+DEL or right click on the taskbar and select it from there or type Task into the search box on the task bar. There's probably some WINDOW+ other key that does it as well but those never work for me.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

CTRL+SHIFT+Esc bring up the Windows task manager.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    CTRL+SHIFT+Esc bring up the Windows task manager.
    See, I knew someone would know another way
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Didn't see a whole lot of savings on removing the mass of tokens and images I have. Still, think it could do with a good culling.

@WinterSoldier7 - how big is your campaign db.xml file?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information