DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Help needed: My players can't see each other's tokens on LOS-enabled maps

After a year's absence, I return to Fantasy Grounds and I find that my players can't see each other's tokens on LOS-enabled maps as they could before. The only way for them to see each other is if I manually set all tokens to "always visible", but then that means that they can see each other even behind walls etc., ruining the LOS.

It seems that the entire LOS system was reworked while I was away, and I have no idea where to find instructions on how the new system works. Can anyone help me with this?

Blog Entries
    First, try in a new campaign with no extensions. Odds are there is something about your old campaign that is not working as "normal". Then, make sure the tokens are added from the CT, both PC and NPCs.

If that doesn't work, please upload your log files and provide us screen shots and step by step instructions to reproduce.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    First, try in a new campaign with no extensions. Odds are there is something about your old campaign that is not working as "normal". Then, make sure the tokens are added from the CT, both PC and NPCs.

If that doesn't work, please upload your log files and provide us screen shots and step by step instructions to reproduce.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I don't use extensions.

If a new campaign works fine, that still doesn't help me, because I want to run my campaign, and I have a game in five hours. Could you give me some tips on how to resolve this in the short-term, for my game today?

I will try to do the things you suggest, but I don't even know what log files are or where to get them, so I probably won't manage this today. Certainly next week I will do it. But if you could give me some tips for today, it would be appreciated.

Are you testing with one of your players logged in? From another instance running locally? Or using the "player view" button?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You can only see a token if it is in your line of sight and if it is in your vision range. I suspect maybe your players either have no form of special vision (such as Darkvision) or they don't have a light source.

However we can only guess. Can you show us a screenshot of the unlocked map so we can see the settings that are in the right hand panel. (One other thing. Removing the tokens from the map and replacing them might be all that's required).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Are you testing with one of your players logged in? From another instance running locally? Or using the "player view" button?
    I played with all 4 of my players logged in on Friday, and I had this issue. I also see it when I use the "player view" button. That was the first session we played after a year of inactivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You can only see a token if it is in your line of sight and if it is in your vision range. I suspect maybe your players either have no form of special vision (such as Darkvision) or they don't have a light source.

However we can only guess. Can you show us a screenshot of the unlocked map so we can see the settings that are in the right hand panel. (One other thing. Removing the tokens from the map and replacing them might be all that's required).
    The players are right next to each other, and it's broad daylight. I'll take the pic you suggest in about an hour and post it here.

I tried removing and readding the tokens on Friday, from the combat tracker and also not from the combat tracker. Nothing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by CULTxicycalm View Post
    The players are right next to each other, and it's broad daylight. I'll take the pic you suggest in about an hour and post it here.

I tried removing and readding the tokens on Friday, from the combat tracker and also not from the combat tracker. Nothing changed.
    Sometimes the map data gets blocked or corrupted, so it's possible the map is not updated for your group. I would request the players close the map and that the host can try to reshare the map.
    If this is a common occurrence and happens to the entire table a few things to check might be.
    1.) Wireless connections can be problematic due to low throughput.
    2.) Memory issues from numerous shared images, tokens,and other content.
    3.) Check firewall settings and antivirus settings.

If it's not these causing the issue, try a new campaign with no content or very little to help eliminate the extensions and too much shared content suggestion.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information