5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Problems with Updater

Hello,

I am having problems even getting into the system. When I go to launch the program, the updater starts to run, after giving me a timeout message at my first login and forcing me to do it again. What happens next is that the updater will run and get an Error message for Timing Out every 30 seconds or so. It will do this forever.

Attached is the screen shot of what I mean.

Someone help me please?

Jessica

fantasygrounds.png

That indicates FG updater is being blocked from accessing your network.

If you use MalwareBytes, they have a known issue where they released a recent update of their RealTime Web Protection feature that blocks FG. You have to disable that MWB option to allow FG to work.

Otherwise, if you don’t use MWB, then check to make sure your network settings are set to Private, and that your security software is not blocking FantasyGrounds.exe or FGUpdaterEngine.exe (such as Windows Firewall, McAfee, etc. )

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    And welcome to the forums and FG Jessica

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You could also update to the beta version of Malwarebytes, per these instructions.
    Last edited by epithet; July 6th, 2018 at 01:22.

Thank you for the assistance. The problem was indeed MWB. After making an adjustment I was able to get in. Now all I need to do is figure out how to get the system to let me build a character for 5e, without having to rebuy all of my books. :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistressjess View Post
    . Now all I need to do is figure out how to get the system to let me build a character for 5e, without having to rebuy all of my books. :-)
    You can drag and drop from the contents of the SRD or the Basic Rules (just load them first). Anything not included in those sources you can simple type into your character sheet.

You can also create your own version of things (items, class, features, races, etc) by creating your own customer module that you can export and then load just like a purchased book/module.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information