DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Interesting. HAve you put rollable tables into FG so you don't have to refer to the gnomestew site? Seems like it would be straightforward, but haven't tried yet myself.
    Absolutely! I get to adjust to taste too. In the Gnomestew article, I moved the most common selection to the top of the table instead of the middle, so that I can use dice modifiers to influence the odds. (ie. if checking against a source of grassland, move the grassland result (was 5-9) to the top (now 1-5) and if I want to sway the result towards more grassland, add a -1 or -2.

I didn't go as far as Story Templates, but would be great idea for a module construction based on one of these hex generator books, wink wink lol

The only trouble I ran into w Gnomestew article is there are two levels of detail per hex, elevation and vegetation. It got a little fiddly to create a plains (flat elevation), but then change it to forest (vegetation). I will probably try to combine these two someone and/or eliminate the veg level and just incorporate it in the first table.

Otherwise, I just rolled a bunch of times on one of the tables, and translate the results to hexes, starting from the center starting point and going around clockwise until too big, then just do one side at a time. One the land is placed, I went back and rolled on Point of Interest table multiple times, looking for a hit (two columns in this table, Point-of-interest yes/no and if yes, WHAT-IS-POI?) Again, I'm not sure on the frequency/type of POI's , but again thanks to FG, I get to adjust this however I want.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paladinlee View Post
    I didn't go as far as Story Templates, but would be great idea for a module construction based on one of these hex generator books, wink wink lol
    Agreed. But I have too many projects on my plate to take on another!

The only trouble I ran into w Gnomestew article is there are two levels of detail per hex, elevation and vegetation. It got a little fiddly to create a plains (flat elevation), but then change it to forest (vegetation). I will probably try to combine these two someone and/or eliminate the veg level and just incorporate it in the first table.
    I think Trenloe's second example has the potential to alleviate this. i.e. the elevation is the background image, and then place the vegetation image over top, assuming it has appropriate transparencies.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information