STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Old AD&D modules on FG D&D 5e?

Heya, are there any old AD&D modules on FG?

Keep on the Borderland
    Isle of dread
    Secret of Bone Hill
    Castle Amber
    Slaver series and more...

I have all the D&D 5e library and know what most have in them, but just wondering if I can purchase pre-made maps for many of the older AD&D modules. I will be running a campaign with friends I use to play with during late 80s to mid 90s and thought it would be nostalgic to run the older original modules. I really enjoyed the Slaver series that I believe led to Against the Giants(which is now in ToYP I believe).

Also, is there a map maker tool in FG or is there a preferred one you folks use?

Thanks

None of the adventures that you mention are available in FG format and there is no licence agreement that would allow them to be.

There is no map maker tool in FG. See the discussion in this thread for details of map making software.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ftware-summary
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm learned in Photoshop, so I'll start recreating the maps and importing them. That would be allowed I'm guessing?
    Would I be able to share them for others to use in their campaigns or due to licensing that may not be allowed?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokael View Post
    I'm learned in Photoshop, so I'll start recreating the maps and importing them. That would be allowed I'm guessing?
    Would I be able to share them for others to use in their campaigns or due to licensing that may not be allowed?
    If they are not exact copies of other peoples maps then yes you can make them and share them.

Blog Entries
    There are two quite functional community rulesets available for AD&D.

I would do a google image search and see if you could find any maps already done. As long as they are not huge, pretty much any jpg could be used. Then it is just a matter of how much work you want to do to import all of the materials from the original modules into FG. You will not be able to distribute it, but you certainly can use it for your own home game.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-amp-D-Ruleset first ruleset - requires Castles and Crusades

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...D-Core-Ruleset second ruleset. Built off of the 5e ruleset, so more advanced FG functions but much less material included as does not have the C&C rules included.
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; December 8th, 2017 at 15:18.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Keep any maps you use to 2048x2048 pixels or less, and 1MB file size or less. This will keep FG memory use within acceptable limits (it doesn't matter how much memory your computer has, FG in it's current architecture has limited available memory) and allow quick sharing with players.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    You can also check the DMsGuild, Classic Conversions have 5E conversion guidelines for many of the old modules that you can buy. None of them have FG conversions (no way to distribute useable FG module because of IP restrictions).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokael View Post
    Heya, are there any old AD&D modules on FG?

Keep on the Borderland
    Isle of dread
    Secret of Bone Hill
    Castle Amber
    Slaver series and more...

I have all the D&D 5e library and know what most have in them, but just wondering if I can purchase pre-made maps for many of the older AD&D modules. I will be running a campaign with friends I use to play with during late 80s to mid 90s and thought it would be nostalgic to run the older original modules. I really enjoyed the Slaver series that I believe led to Against the Giants(which is now in ToYP I believe).

Also, is there a map maker tool in FG or is there a preferred one you folks use?

Thanks
    Not sure how much it helps but here are some maps I've knocked together for my own games. You'll need to adjust size to something FG will not choke on for some of them but they are certainly old school maps.

My custom maps.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hey guys, I want to thank you all again for all the input. I just tested creating a map using Test3891's Youtube video and it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDQKnb6c-7QHis video linked there.

Room1-Test.jpg 30"x 30" 68kb for this one test. I could always cut the maps up into smaller chunks if need be.

This test came out well with grid sizing by using a white box that matched my masked grid in Photoshop, which I saw someone suggested in another thread.

So I set my grid at 50 pixels per inch, that sound about right for FG?
    Last edited by Jokael; December 9th, 2017 at 10:28.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Not sure how much it helps but here are some maps I've knocked together for my own games. You'll need to adjust size to something FG will not choke on for some of them but they are certainly old school maps.

My custom maps.

Thanks for the link, I can definitely use these!

Thread Information