5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... Last

Project: AD&D Core Ruleset

With the licensing of AD&D 2E from WoTC this project has reached it's conclusion. I'll be happy to continue to answer questions and help out as I can for the old AD&D Core but if you'd like to see what we're doing currently you can find the AD&D ruleset and content thread here.

-------------------------------------------
    Overview

Download links at bottom of post.

• Purpose: Support AD&D Core (1e and 2e) and have all the advanced features that can be included.
    • Ruleset Base Source: The ruleset source is being built using the 5e code base (version released in January of 2017) with the 5e'isms filed off and/or converted to a use that fits AD&D Core.
    • Other

• Spell Module
      • NPC Module
      • Item Module
      • Class Sample (OSRIC Classes) Module
      • 1e Specific Extension >>HERE<<

Details

Goals (The Quest!)

I decided to hack out a ruleset for AD&D Core games because I was unhappy for various reasons with what is available. I also enjoy coding, especially when it's for something I play, AD&D. My personal goal is to hack out a ruleset that I can use in my weekly games and take advantage of the features FG allows that doesn't have any requirements that will cost the DM other than FG itself.

I picked the 5e codebase to start as with because after playing with all of the various versions of D&D rulesets that existed it seemed to be the most feature rich… and why re-invent the wheel?

So what is "CORE" rules? For this project currently, AD&D PHB/DMG. Additionally for 1e that also includes the UA, DSG and WSG. For 2e that also includes the base Handbooks (Wizard, Rogue, Fighter and Priest) . I am excluding 2e OPTION books (commonly called 2.5e) because those diverge too much to be compatible with AD&D 1e… at least right now.

Features and what is in the works (Rumor Table!)

The TODO list is too long to post and constantly updated. Here is a link to my OneNote notebook that contains the list of "TODO" and other related items I've created for the project. This does not include everything I've done but a lot of it. I'm trying to keep it current as I move forward.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AntMyR2CVQb6jEkRTQQoeZg4ViSX
    (click on the TODO tab on the left, you can then click on the individual sections for the character sheet/etc)

Download (Where is the Treasure hidden?)

I have attached a copy of the "current as of my updating this post" AD&D Core.pak to this post.

The most current version (while in beta) can be downloaded from the github repo here:
    https://github.com/CelestianGC/AD-D-Core
    Download the zip, create a directory in your ruleset folder called "AD&D Core" and then copy the contents inside the zip in "\AD-D-Core-master.zip\AD-D-Core-master" to that..
    https://i.imgur.com/GBAlg2B.png
    You can also just make a new zip file and renamed it to "AD&D Core.pak" with the contents I mentioned above placed in the ruleset folder with the others (like 5e.pak/etc).

Help with Project (Want to help the old hermit?)

I am doing this mainly for me and my group but if you're happy with the ruleset and want to help work on the project feel free to PM me here or you can email me at [email protected].

Modules (The Trading Post )
    • Spells
      • Have a large collection of spells but need to review and build a module that will comply with SRD.

• Monster/NPCs
      • Have a large collection of NPCs but need to review and build a module that will comply with SRD.

Extras!

I wrote a perl script to import the AD&D Core Rules CD html files into Fantasy Grounds. This script will allow you to have your 2e PHB/DMG and all the other books included in the Core Rules CD in your FG game for you and your players. It's certainly not as pretty as the 5e books (I'm just one person) but the search feature is great. Once you include those links to your "classes" and "races" and such your players will love you.

I've also added a script that will also let you import the spells into your "Spells" section from the same HTML files. If time permits I will do the same for creatures. I've already got a script that I used to import some 3k AD&D creatures from various sources but will require some work to deal with the Core Rules CD html format.

Perhaps someday in the future I can do some work on the import script to have it organize the "books" a bit better.

This probably one of the biggest reasons I decided to drop my 2 year project with my Maptools AD&D Framework and pickup Fantasy Grounds. Having the books available easily linked in convenient places is a huge boon.

Keep in mind this script requires some knowledge of perl. At least installing perl including several modules but not necessarily coding.
    Download:
    https://github.com/CelestianGC/FG--A...-Core-Importer
    Read the "read me" for more details.

List of Tutorial Videos
    • Character Sheet Tutorials

Update 2019.04.17 FINAL RELEASE OF AD&D CORE.

• Bugfix: item powers added would overwrite their description with the items description
    • Update: campaign settings for DM show effects/health text made a bit more clear.
    • Added: Added: Only allow one initiative roll during each round. Option to force (alt key).

Download latest version here:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by damned; April 23rd, 2020 at 01:47. Reason: update: version updated.

Additional extensions and modules for use with AD&D Core Ruleset.

Here are some OSRIC community build mods that you might find useful.

"Goldenrod" Character sheet and SRD for Psion class.

• Goldenrod Style Character Sheet
    • AD&D Core SRD Style Psion Class+Attacks/Defense powers.

Download here:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by celestian; March 2nd, 2019 at 20:11.

Here is a screenshot of the main character sheet page

Actions Tab

Skills Tab

Class/Saves and Abilities popup windows

Changed up "quick use" modifiers.

Combat Tracker, sample NPC entry

Sample Spell entry

Sample NPC Entry

Sample Class Entry
    Last edited by celestian; February 5th, 2018 at 00:47. Reason: another layout change update

Examples of Dead NPCs on the map

Blog Entries
    Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Excellent work. Thank you very much !!!

Updated how skills view. Was really cluttered and I think this looks much better.

Here is the modifier window.

Update.
    • Proficiencies - Updated in "Abilities" tab. hit/dmg adjustment fields added.
    • Weapon Adjustments - Can now apply (multiple) proficiency to a weapon. So specialization, elven bonuses or even non-proficiency penalties.

Also check out the AD&D Core 1e Extension for more focus 1e support. That thread is here.

Thread Information