DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Greetings sir, could you please tell me where I could get a working version of the Mystic class? I suck at coding and don't know the first thing about coding the abilities into FG.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper View Post
    Greetings sir, could you please tell me where I could get a working version of the Mystic class? I suck at coding and don't know the first thing about coding the abilities into FG.
    You're going to have to create it yourself as the mystic is still protected intellectual property and currently their is no permission to distribute it. You can look at the video posted a couple of posts up thread. It's really not too hard to create it. You can also wait a bit and see how the parser that Minty is working on develops.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalOne View Post
    Well, if it's any encouragement, I would definitely grab that in a heartbeat. I just finished the class building youtube tutorial and although it's fine, it leaves a lot of things unaddressed for the Mystic class such as the Psi points system and so on. This kinda brings me back to my original thoughts of weeks of familiarizing myself with the whole extension/modules coding extravaganza. I'm eager to learn it though.

Couple of weeks is absolutely fine. Let me know how your project develops!
    You might also find the Unearthed Arcana thread by Nickademus and ask him for any tips. He may recall the details of how he set that class up and be able to share some insight.

I did not set up the content within FG like this extension does. My module doesn't provide anything beyond the standard FG content, which isn't designed for the the structure of the Mystic class.

Wish I could help, but I'm not legally allowed.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    ... Estimated time is a couple weeks minimum, which might not fit into your schedule....
    I've started delving into this and that estimation is laughable. With my time constraints, it may take me that long just to scope the project.

I've not viewed the YouTube video mentioned by damed, but an hour might be time well spent.

My preliminary investigation into the skeletal xml file I'll need to set up, just to have destinations for the parsed text from the .pdf file, give me a whole new appreciation for Nickademus's original work.

I'm trying on my own, but right now, I am just trying to understand how the whole .xml structures on an ordinary sheet using the db.xml. I am just scraping the surface. So far, I am starting to understand the xml structure of a sheet and what happens in it when you start to add stuff.

There are still many unknowns like what are the mechanics when you add a level, which I guess would be powered by some sort of lua script somewhere, where those mechanics are normally located and where I should put them.

Even though the end result might not even be of use to me in the case where my player's character died off, I feel this might be the hefty challenge to give me a thorough understanding of the platform. But I do admit of having the feeling of having to cut down a forest with only a blunt butter knife...
    The Eternal One

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalOne View Post
    I'm trying on my own, ......, having the feeling of having to cut down a forest with only a blunt butter knife...
    Best of luck, Eternal One. It is time well spent though if you plan to work deeper into the internals of FG in the future.

I'm feeling much more confident today in getting this done. At the time of my last post, #35, above, I felt very much like Eternal One. I watched Zacchaeus's excellent video mentioned by damed in post #33. Then set about recreating the Mystic Class from the Wizards of the Coast published .pdf. A look at the db.xml isn't too scary and causes me to believe the class creation might not be as insurmountable as I thought (yesterday). The reason for my histrionics was, I became convinced I might not be able to get this done in two weeks and I didn't want colleagues turning blue holding their breath waiting for me. (A bit of self aggrandizement to be sure .)

Will I be done in two weeks? Uhhhhh.. doubtful, but possible.

The real meat and potatoes of this is the parsing of the Psionics into individual "spell" classes. Work I've already done. But because of WotC's imposed copyright restrictions, work that now must be partially undone. Happily, I believe I have the steps I used to parse the original Psionic information, squirreled away somewhere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    ... I became convinced I might not be able to get this done in two weeks and I didn't want colleagues turning blue holding their breath waiting for me. ...
    You can hold your breath for two weeks? Damn, Houdini has nothing on you!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can hold your breath for two weeks? Damn, Houdini has nothing on you!
    Well. Yeah. But, I do turn blue, so there are risks.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    Just a quick update...

Great news. The parser is nearly complete. It parses the entire 28 page PDF document, even sectionalizing each Psionic Discipline into individual "pseudo" spell like objects. A little bit of organization (where to attach them to the Mystic Class) is ongoing.

Then I'll integrate the parsed data into my old extension so that all of the previous features I'd implemented are available.

Bad news is, I'm traveling for the next week so that will slow me down a bit.

Thread Information