Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... Last
    Blog Entries

MoreCore Ruleset

A big thanks in particular to IanMWard for his help and input on this ruleset and to others including Trenloe, Ikael, DMFirmy, Frostbyte, Imiri, Myrddin, Sibellius and IanMWard for the use of their Dice Rollers within MoreCore.

Version 1.40 released 20170909

MoreCore was built to add more features to CoreRPG. It started as an extension - adding some Combat Tracker fields and some character sheet fields and has expanded in both of these areas. With the current feature-set we felt that it would be better delivered as a CoreRPG layered ruleset.

I have created a basic doco page for the ruleset here: http://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html you can access this ingame using /morecorehelp (updated to 1.37)

MoreCore compatible extensions can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ore-extensions

The MoreCore ruleset replaces the MoreCore extension. Consider moving your CoreRPG games to MoreCore as it offers a lot of additional features. If you have an existing campaign that you have been running with CoreRPG and the MoreCore extension you should do the following -
    1. Naviagate to your campaigns directory and make a copy of your campaign - call this copy [B]Campaign[B]MC[B]
    2. Edit your campaign.xml with a text editor and replace <ruleset>CoreRPG</ruleset> with <ruleset>MoreCore</ruleset>
    3. Restart Fantasy Grounds and select the [B]Campaign[B]MC[B] and deselect the MoreCore extension and Start
    From now on your campaign should automatically use the MoreCore ruleset. It is possible there may be some loss or orphaning of data. If so you can reference your older campaign to copy the data from. In my testing I have not lost any data.

The key features of MoreCore include:
    • Additional Combat Tracker columns
    • Combat Tracker fields linked to PC and NPC sheets
    • Rollable NPC attacks from Combat Tracker
    • Rollable attack strings for PCs and NPCs
    • Drag and Drop damage for PCs and NPCs (GM Only)
    • Library of Drag and Drop rolls
    • Library of Abilities (*new in 1.34)
    • Exportable Drag and Drop rolls
    • Exportable Abilities (*new in 1.34)
    • Drag and Drop Table Rolls (*new in 1.32)
    • Drag and Drop Modifiers (*new in 1.32)
    • Different Icons for Rolls, Modifiers, Chat and Tables (*new in 1.33)
    • Customisable Hero Points
    • Customisable Linked field names
    • Customisable Combat Tracker Headings
    • 6 Customisable Rolls fields on PC Sheet (*new in 1.35)
    • 3 Flip Frames for Player Reference Links on PC Sheet (*new in 1.37)
    • Spell Tracking on PC Sheet (*new in 1.37)
    • NPC Rolls on Cobat Tracker (*new in 1.37)
    • Drag and Drop Rolls for PC and NPC sheets
    • Logo field for customisation in extensions (*new in 1.31)

If you are playing a game system that does not have a full Fantasy Grounds ruleset developed for it consider trying MoreCore.

Requests, suggestions and offers of assistance will all be entertained.

Wishlist
    Make Modifiers that support Drag and Drop (added in 1.32 by extending Rolls support)
    Make Modifiers that are exportable and support categories (added in 1.32 by extending Rolls support)
    Change the 6 main fields to support both Rolls and MoreCore Modifiers (added in 1.32 by extending Rolls support)
    Allow drag and drop and export of (CoreRPG) Abilities (added in 1.34 by adding Abilities Library)
    Next on the wishlist is for some more community developed Dice Rollers

Character Sheet Sample

Combat Tracker Sample

EDIT: 1.29 20161107 Fixed /export for 3.2.0 (thanks Imiri for the report) (44)
    EDIT: 1.30 20161116 Minor updates for 3.2.1 and better support for customising to your favourite game system
    EDIT: 1.31 20161116 Minor customising updates (6)
    EDIT: 1.32 20161119 Updates to Rolls support for Modifiers and Tables, updated User Guide (12)
    EDIT: 1.33 20161123 Rolls display different Icons for Rolls, Modifiers, Tables and Chat (44)
    EDIT: 1.34 20161203 Abilities Library, New /rollunder diceroller, transparent tooltips for Rolls (48)
    EDIT: 1.36 20161221 More Rolls and other tweaks /qin, /hitos, /conan, /thac0, /saving (39)
    EDIT: 1.37 20170103 More Rolls, More Character Sheet Options, NPC Rolls on Combat Tracker (136)
    EDIT: 1.38 20170204 More Rolls, Small Fixes (230)
    EDIT: 1.39 20170424 Lots more rolls (Coriolis, Champions, Lot5R, DSR, Pendragon, Talislanta and more) plus some other new features.
    EDIT: 1.40 20170909 Bugfix for rollunder. Added rollundersmod and rollunderdmod, where the modifier box adjusts the success level or number of dice rolled, respectively. rollunder: modifier box adjusts the success level target. edies: modifier box adjusts the success level target. GM can now edit the "Order" field in the Combat Tracker.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 9th, 2017 at 17:57.

FG Con 10 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - April 7-9 2017
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Yeah, this is amazing work. Good on ya!

FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2 (in store), Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in development).

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's wonderful !!! Thank you very much.

Thanks for the (again) working Export feature.

Blog Entries
    The exported dice strings Rolls is pure genius! Now if you could do the same with Abilities I may not need another ruleset ever again!
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    The exported dice strings Rolls is pure genius! Now if you could do the same with Abilities I may not need another ruleset ever again!
    The abilities features (name and description) are kinda included in the MoreCore Rolls. You can just have an ability without a roll. The advantage of this is when you use it from Rolls it will report that the PC or NPC is using that Roll/Ability.... The downside is that there is only so much room on that front page and I have pretty much squeezed every little bit out of that front page layout. I added a couple of pixels to the main rolls and modifiers windows and reduced all the padding etc.
    Im pretty sure I could add the export capability and a library for Abilities if you would prefer to continue using them....

FG Con 10 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - April 7-9 2017
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    I suppose one could use the rolls and add the flavor text but leave the dice string blank if it was a move, feat or ability that doesn't require to roll dice. Didn't think of that.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Any chance of MoreCore getting its own subforum? Might be easier for people to find stuff, IMHO.
    Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: US Central Daylight Time [GMT-5]

Currently Running: 5E [D&D] - Dragonlance (Unlikely Heroes) - Early Session and 5E [D&D] - Dragonlance (Unlikely Heroes) - Late Session
    Working out the Design on: A homebrewed Dragonlance inspired campaign set in Hârn using Savage Worlds might be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    Any chance of MoreCore getting its own subforum? Might be easier for people to find stuff, IMHO.
    I think it's a bit early for that! There's only one thread (this one).

FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2 (in store), Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in development).

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information