Village Backdrop : Woodridge
Raging Swan Press
Village Backdrop: Woodridge
Ruled over for centuries by the scheming, ambitious Lorsch family, Woodridge is little more than a backwater village standing on the eastern bounds of the Duchy of Ashlar. Standing astride an ancient, now little-used trade route the village is a poor, but seemingly peaceful place. Its folk tend their small fields, pay their lord his due and are content to be left in peace. But all is not as it seems. Spies lurk among the populace, and dark forces gather which would see Woodridge’s lord, Hilduin Lorsch, converted to their faith or dead.
By Creighton Broadhurst
Most of Woodridge comprises peasant homes. A few locations, however, are of interest to adventurers:
- Lorsch Manor: This brooding fortified manor is the Lorsch ancestral home. Here dwells Hilduin Lorsch and his family.
- Lankinen’s: This large building is a general provisioners, stables and moneylenders. Reima Lankinen is the second richest man in the village.
- Father’s Sanctum: Dedicated to Conn, this is the oldest building in Woodridge except for parts of the Lorsch Manor. Dilapidated, it has seen better days.
- Priesthome: Home to Father Turkka, this is a substantial building.
- Eeva’s Home: Here dwells (and plots) Eeva Keto.
- The Travelling Man: Woodridge’s only inn is welcoming and comfortable, but rarely busy.
- The Smoking Tower: Varma Timonen dwells here, as she has for decades. She feels the cold terribly; consequently, smoke always belches from the tower’s chimney.
- Briarwood: These tangled, ancient woodlands are said to hold ancient ruins and to be the home of certain horrible creatures. Thick fog often blankets the area.
Most of the population are nothing more than hardworking peasants. A few, however, are of interest to adventurers:
- Eeva Keto (location 5; NE female human cleric [Braal] 5) A new resident, Eeva plots to seduce Hilduin and lure him into her dark lord’s embrace (or kill him).
- Father Turkka (location 3; LN middle-aged male human cleric [Conn] 3) Priest at the Father’s Sanctum, Turkka frets over the state of his lord’s hall and seeks funds for its repair (while jealously guarding his own comfortable lifestyle).
- Hilduin Lorsch (location 1; LE male human aristocrat 1/fighter 2) Lord of Woodridge, Hilduin constantly schemes to add the village of Longbridge to his possessions.
- Kanbrar Aralivar (location 7; LG male half-elf wizard 2) Varma’s apprentice, Kanbrar is a kindly soul who now performs most of her duties.
- Reima Lankinen (location 2; LN male middle-aged human expert 1) Courteous and clever, Reima is a consummate merchant; he is always looking for a way to enrich himself.
- Varma Timonen (location 7; N old female human wizard 3) Now growing forgetful, Varma serves as Hilduin’s court wizard. She rarely leaves the Smoking Tower.
- Vesa Ahokas (location 6; N middle-aged male human expert 2) Vesa runs the Travelling Man. He secretly (and reluctantly) spies on Hildiun Lorsch and his doings.
(Note, the statistics above are drawn from the Pathfinder edition of this product).
Fantasy Grounds Conversion by: Michael G. Potter
Requires: An active subscription or a one time purchase of a Fantasy Grounds Full or Ultimate license and the included 5E Ruleset.
Copyright © 2017 Raging Swan Press, used with permission, all rights reserved.
Fantasy Grounds is a trademark of SmiteWorks USA LLC. © 2017 SmiteWorks USA LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Released on October 07, 2017
Designed for Fantasy Grounds version 3.2.2 and higher.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought