STAR TREK 2d20

Suggestions: Option to lock tokens in place. Option to lock or link tokens together.

Option to lock tokens in place.

When creating maps in FGU, you can have a number of token assets that you would like to quickly add directly to the map.
    Instead of first dragging and dropping them onto the image panel box of the image tab. Which is more useful for when you want to create a separate layer for the asset or when multiple instances are to be created.

While perhaps not considered "best" practice for map creation, with the mindset of streamlining and minimizing extra clicks (which can add up over hours of map handling) when not entirely necessary.

In those cases automatically locking the tokens in place for other layers, if it is placed on the Images layer, would be good. So you could add them directly and quickly, and modify as needed while on the Images layer. But when you move back to the Play layer (the one with the dice) those assets would not be interactive objects but treated like any other map object.

Option to lock or link tokens together.

Sometimes it might be handy to be able to lock/unlock or link/unlink tokens together, so they are afterwards interacted with like one object.
    An example here is where I have two large tokens in my assets that together form the front and back of a ship. Image attached.

ship token.jpg

As can be seen, if I were to try to move the ship, it is in fact in two parts that have been carefully aligned to appear to be one object. Being able to link these together so they behave as one united token would be useful.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; November 10th, 2019 at 14:39.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Blog Entries
    I suggest you add an idea to the wishlist. This thread is likely to be lost before SW can get to looking at any enhancements. You can put a link in the comments back to this thread for more details and any discussion.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The idea is that we will eventually re-implement folder layers, which essentially act like a mechanism to perform quick group selection for moving, transforming and duplicating.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information