FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 19 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by M3TAL View Post
    I know this is not the proper thread but, Is there actual game modules/campaign that may be purchased that are already set up to work with FG. My daughter is wanting to DM a group for the first time and was hoping to cut out a lot of the leg work.
    There's lots and lots - over 1,000 DLC products. Depending what system your daughter is interested in, there could be a huge amount, or not so many.

Check in the store - use the filter to specify the RPG system you're interested in and "Adventures". For example, here are the official 5E adventures: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...search=&sort=1 or third party 5E adventures: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...search=&sort=1 These span multiple pages - use the "Next page" link in the bottom right...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Is there actual game modules/campaign that may be purchased that are already set up to work with FG. My daughter is wanting to DM a group for the first time and was hoping to cut out a lot of the leg work.
    Other than the FG Store, their is also the DMsGuild that is the official community outlet for unoffcial D&D 5E community stuff. Their are lots of FG modules there as well; https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?..._0_0_0_45545_0

You will also find their are a one or two (?) third party distributors that also sell (with a license) FG content, the only one I know of is AAW; https://adventureaweek.com

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Trenloe,

Thanks for the welcoming..I had seen some videos that implied that the release would be soon. That is the reason for my questions. Thanks for the link. I will check it out.
    I know this is not the proper thread but, Is there actual game modules/campaign that may be purchased that are already set up to work with FG. My daughter is wanting to DM a group for the first time and was hoping to cut out a lot of the leg work.
    There really is no knowing how soon it will be. The devs may think it'll be out in a matter of days only to encounter a setback that takes several months to overcome. They don't give dates for precisely that reason. The only thing that can be stated definitively is that they are working on it and would rather be done sooner than later. I'm sure they're trying really hard.

Thank You. I did find them. Sorry I did not get back to you to save you your time. Do you have one you would recommend for a beginner. Obviously Level 1, 5E, 4 -6 players.

Blog Entries
    Thank You. I did find them. Sorry I did not get back to you to save you your time. Do you have one you would recommend for a beginner. Obviously Level 1, 5E, 4 -6 players.
    There are many good 3rd party products but Lost Mines of Phandelver is very good.

Blog Entries
    Lost Mine is excellent, and really a pretty standard one. If you want something a little different, PM your email address and I send you a complementary copy of Balance Disturbed; https://www.dmsguild.com/product/180...Disturbed-BDC1
    It's pretty open and can be hard for a new DM to run (because the first combat that the party has to retreat from), and I have never published the follow on adventures. But its at least another thing to take a look at.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Lost Mine was designed for new players and new DMs alike. It is a great choice for 5E starters. Most of the content is all ready to go. Maybe a supplemental map such as the original ambush encounter would be nice but it is easy enough to make your own, or just sketch out on the party sheet. Pregenerated PCs makes for a fast start up, but you can easily roll your own to replace them.

I just drew up my own map for the ambush encounter. Prep work is basically setting the start point masking on any maps. Also a good idea for the DM to read through all the content at least once so they are aware of how everything hooks together. And this isn't a very large campaign, so not a lot to read (~64 pages, a big campaign can easily be 300 pages and only partially define all content needed to play).

Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    Maybe a supplemental map such as the original ambush encounter would be nice but it is easy enough to make your own, or just sketch out on the party sheet.
    Check the "Maps" section in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...r-5E-resources
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My point ( which was only meant in humor, and several caught as a reference to Firefly ) is that it is not about what we want. It is about what is best for the people developing Fantasy Grounds Unity to give it the best chance of sucuess. If they give any indication of when they hope to release, their toes will be held to the fire on that. They are better off not saying anything about release timing until that timing is cast in stone. That will not happen until it is actually ready to release. From what I have seen FG Unity will be a fantastic and much desired upgrade to Fantasy Grounds that I will be more than willing to pay for. But I dont want some half baked bug filled monstrosity, I hope they take their time, and get it right. It is too important of an update to release before it is ready.

Thread Information