FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Connection Test: Run Test: FAILURE

I have enabled incoming and outgoing connections on port 1802 by creating a rule on my router (actually Damned did it a while back). This has worked on a few different PCs in my house however, I cannot get my new PC to connect despite applying the port forwarding rule to it.

I keep this page bookmarked so when the issue comes up, I can reference it. Most all of the time, there's a fix somewhere in here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...02-on-computer

Blog Entries
    Port forwarding work to only one specific internal IP. Meaning if you switch computers, or you computers get assigned a new internal IP address (i.e. you turn it off for long enough for the router to reassign the internal IP), then port forwarding will be forwarding to the wrong address (i.e. computer).

You need to verify that your port forwarding rule is pointing to the current internal IP of your FG host computer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Make sure the network interface on the new computer is set to Private.
    If everything really looks like it is setup correctly - then reboot the router.

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. I'm still having issues and keep getting the connection failure message on this PC, no idea what it could be. Network interface is set to private too.

Make sure you also have an exception for FG set in your Anti Virus.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That seems to have done the trick Zacchaeus, thanks. I use the McAfee BT Virus Protect software that comes with a BT subscription. I turned off the firewall completely and now I get a successful connection. I'll now need to footer with the settings to find out how to keep the firewall on and let Fantasy Grounds do whatever it wants, lol.

So, in the firewall settings (in the McAfee program) I've now added a rule to allow traffic on port 1802. That seems to have solved it, plus the firewall is back up and running.

For maximum protection, turn off the rule until you are actually hosting a game, then turn it back off again when your game session is over. You only need that port open when you are actively hosting non-local players for a game session.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    For maximum protection, turn off the rule until you are actually hosting a game, then turn it back off again when your game session is over. You only need that port open when you are actively hosting non-local players for a game session.
    Good advice, thanks.

Thread Information