STAR TREK 2d20
Page 28 of 132 First ... 1826272829303878128 ... Last
    man, I bought December 22 2017.

How will Alpha/Beta FGU work in regards to demo users connecting to an ultimate FGU Alpha/Beta session?

This was asked earlier but I figured it was worth pinging.

(I am getting my players to buy standard editions or upgrades regardless, but I can see this mattering for people who might back at ultimate level during the kickstarter or upgrade hoping to take part in the beta / alpha)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    How will Alpha/Beta FGU work in regards to demo users connecting to an ultimate FGU Alpha/Beta session?
    Are you wondering if they will need to install FGU? Yes they will and they will run it as free/demo.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Are you wondering if they will need to install FGU? Yes they will and they will run it as free/demo.
    I am unaware of Smiteworks having answered that. You could assume that a free client will be available to people who haven't backed the kickstarter, but I haven't seen anything official.

Apparently neither has lostsanityreturned , which will be why he's asked.

Canīt wait for an answer to this.

For me, FGU will be an instant buy / backing it ASAP.
    Most of my players though...are using the demo to connect to my Ultimate License so I could only profit from the beta access (which I really would like to test) if there will be an option for non-backers (since the demo players will stay demo players I guess) to join in to the fun ;-)

CANīT.
    WAIT.
    ARGH!

I would suggest people stick with FGC for actual games until the full release of FGU. While it may be fully-featured (as far as FGU phase 1 is concerned), the beta will almost certainly be buggy and unreliable compared to FGC. That's just the nature of betas. Hitting a bug in the software is a crummy way to interrupt a game session...

Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    I would suggest people stick with FGC for actual games until the full release of FGU. While it may be fully-featured (as far as FGU phase 1 is concerned), the beta will almost certainly be buggy and unreliable compared to FGC. That's just the nature of betas. Hitting a bug in the software is a crummy way to interrupt a game session...
    On the other hand, if no one uses the BETA for games, bugs won't be found and fixed and we'll have a buggy "official release" version ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    On the other hand, if no one uses the BETA for games, bugs won't be found and fixed and we'll have a buggy "official release" version ...
    I consider myself a technical user, so I'll play around with FGU, testing all the functions that are important to me and reporting on what I find if something doesn't work as expected, but when it comes to playing a real game with non-technical players, I'll stick to FGC until FGU is out for real. If you wish, use it for games with the understanding that there's a very good chance your game will be interrupted and you'll spend a lot of time fixing it, rather than playing. If immersion is important to you, keep FGC handy for those important games. Beta software is not meant for "production" use.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    Quite so. Without people playing real games there'd be no point in beta testing.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I will say that with the high quality of software SmiteWorks produces, the beta will probably be safe for most, and more "ready" than most betas. My point is just that it will probably break and cause issues in some cases, and for some people that won't be acceptable during a real game. Then again, if you sign up for the beta, you should know what to expect.

Thread Information