Starfinder Playlist

Can't update FG on Mac

Good morning! Prepping for a game this afternoon and I can't get FG to update (haven't played FG on this computer for several months). I can load the application and campaign just fine, but when if I select the Check For Updates button the application just shuts down. No error messages. Have shut down antivirus completely and done a full shut-down on the computer, still does not update.

Mac Retina 4K (2019), OS Ventura 13.0.1, FG 4.3.1. I

Thanks,
    Allison

Try rebooting your machine. I did see someone else with issues some time ago after one of the updates and rebooting was the answer.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've done that twice at this point, the second time I did it with the anti-virus shut down. Still no luck updating.

Thanks
    Allison

Can you try going into Settings > Troubleshooting > Force App Update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Pressing the setting button does the same thing, the app just shuts down. I can get into Load, Create, Join and Credits.

Maybe something will help in this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ter-the-update

Sorry, my mac knowledge is virtually zero.

Blog Entries
    Somewhere in the Mac os should be something akin to system logs or error logs. See if those say something about it. (Note, I know as much about Macs as Mr Z does!)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Have you tried launching the FGU Updater app directly from the Finder?

Thanks for the tip of running the updater independently! That did the trick!

Same issue (and fix action) as of 2024-05-18. When I launched Fantasy Grounds Unity and clicked Check for Updates, FantasyGrounds would close and open FGUpdaterEngine putting the icon in the Dock, but then nothing would popup on screen. Using Launchpad, do a search for FGUpdaterEngine and it should launch without issue.

Related side note, when I searched for "Update", "FantasyGroundsUpdater" appears but won't run. I think I used to have Fantasy grounds Classic on this system so it could be a legacy object. In short, run the correct updater--FGUpdaterEngine.

MacOS 14.2.1 on M1 MBA.

Thread Information