DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Context Sounds visible only with Image records in windowed mode

Hi,
    whenever I create a Sound set and associate it with an Image record, it seems that the sounds in "Context Sounds" are only visible when the image is in windowed mode, they disappear as soon as I expand the image.

I think this is expected behaviour. When an image is made bigger using the Increase size button it becomes something other than an image inside a window. So technically the windowed image is no longer open and so the sound associated with it is no longer appropriate. This, I think, is also why you can't share an image when it is not in a window.

It may be something you want to add to the suggestions list - link in my signature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Greece & Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    Not to be the contrarian, but sorry, just no. When I have say, a battle map open, and I have sounds associated with it, the expected behavior is for the sounds to appear in the sound context window regardless of the map being maximized. It's just common sense. The features request page is for requesting new features, not for pointing out the obvious.

Blog Entries
    Well, you can argue on the forums with another user, or you can take the suggestion and put it on the feature request list.

Whether intuitive or correct or not, FG is behaving currently as designed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is not an argument; it's a discourse. We can make the case that a UI modification will get more visibility from the devs if we put it in the features list and thus maybe it will enter whatever to-do lists they got, yes, okay. I am of the opinion that features list is best served otherwise, but that's just an opinion and not a hill I'm willing to die on.

But to tell me that this specific thing is intended, as in, the devs made the deliberate and conscious decision "Oh, no, we shalt not permit thee to link soundsets to thine maximized images," well, I just find myself flabbergasted at the notion.

Note, that this is no way a critique on the devs not doing it out of omission. FGU has a hundred-thousand moving parts. Stuff will fall off the cracks, it's only natural. It also highly possible that they intend to make this work, just haven't gone around to it yet. Or whatever else, all perfectly normal and acceptable. It's the suggestion that they chose to do such a thing that I find peculiar.

Blog Entries
    Okay.
    Maybe it wasn't intentional design.
    Regardless, every item that goes on the request list gets reviewed by SmiteWorks. One other way to guarantee SmiteWorks sees something is via a Support ticket. No one captures all of the threads on the forum.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Okay.
    Maybe it wasn't intentional design.
    Regardless, every item that goes on the request list gets reviewed by SmiteWorks. One other way to guarantee SmiteWorks sees something is via a Support ticket. No one captures all of the threads on the forum.
    Yeah, I understand. Note, I wasn't who created this thread. I just reacted to Zacc, whom I dearly love oh so very much, but the 'expected behavior' part kinda did a crit on me.

I pushed changes related to this issue with today's updates. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks!

With the latest update the issue is solved.
    I'd like to point out that Sound sets were displayed normally before the recent introduction of 3D and all the related updates, in fact even before then I was preparing a campaign and associating sounds with expanded images without any problem, and it seemed strange to me that I could no longer do this only recently.

Thank you all for the support!

Thread Information