DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Adding a boundary box for clip region?

First, thanks for this tool. It works great for fine tuning the height differences in my PC and NPC images (e.g., properly sized firbolg vs. a halfling).

Would it be possible to add a visible boundary box when setting the Clip Region? See the linked example below. I often find it challenging to clip close to the object's edge and not clip off parts of the image that extend beyond the clip region. Something like a visible clip region box would help tremendously. Thanks for your consideration!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/nv7rf...=hukelvm2&dl=0

Blog Entries
    You know you don't need to set the clip region if the image doesn't have multiple characters/figures in it right?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You know you don't need to set the clip region if the image doesn't have multiple characters/figures in it right?
    The clip region does not remove parts of the image. The clip region defines the height and width of the token. This region is used in combination with expected grid size and height to determine the size of the token. If your image doesn't have any extraneous bits like wings or a tail, then you don't need to set the clip region.

[EDIT: the clip region clips the image, the measurement region sets the token size, see post below.]
    Last edited by pindercarl; May 17th, 2024 at 14:04.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    The clip region does not remove parts of the image. The clip region defines the height and width of the token. This region is used in combination with expected grid size and height to determine the size of the token. If your image doesn't have any extraneous bits like wings or a tail, then you don't need to set the clip region.
    Thanks for the clarification! I assumed that it was used to get rid of any unused areas of the original image so the token can be better scaled in the available space. Looking back at the Developer Video, I can see now that it's generally not used. I'll try and create the metadata without it and see if there's any noticeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Note: This is meant for community developers, Forge crafters, and people who want to create their own homebrew content that interacts with the 3D camera view mode that is currently in our TEST channel build for Fantasy Grounds Unity version 4.5.0.

Fantasy Grounds uses xml metadata files to predefine the scale, position, and clipping of images that are shown in the 3D Camera View Mode. You can use the same tool to predefined any images you want to use. Just place these in the same location as the original image file.

Walk-through

Download for image metadata tool:
    Windows Version
    Mac OS Version
    Linux Version
    I really wish City Hall would be used ONLY for announcements, not discussion topics...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cwsoots View Post
    Thanks for the clarification! I assumed that it was used to get rid of any unused areas of the original image so the token can be better scaled in the available space. Looking back at the Developer Video, I can see now that it's generally not used. I'll try and create the metadata without it and see if there's any noticeable difference.
    To clarify the clarification, the measurement region is used as described to determine the size of the token. The clip region does, in fact, clip the rendered portion of the image. It had been a while since I looked at the implementation and I read it wrong.

Is there an official support forum thread for this topic? I'm having some issues with "large" creature image sizes on screen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rigerco View Post
    Is there an official support forum thread for this topic? I'm having some issues with "large" creature image sizes on screen.
    Nope, just start a new thread in the House of Healing.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

OK. Will do, I just didn't want to start a new one, or post here, if there was an existing thread elsewhere.

Thread Information