FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Agreed. Good idea. I've already have a few online conversations with folks that were going to buy Foundry because of the price difference. Now that their is no price difference, FG is back in consideration for them.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; May 15th, 2024 at 17:12.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Nice one!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Fantastic news, I will now have better options to convince people to try FG, something that gets harder and harder as people want to use their browsers on tablets or potato tablets/computers.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

made me get off the fense post and buy on the spot

While the decision to lower the price of the (ultimate) licence is undoubtedly very good news, I cannot be happy at all, since when I bought the ultimate licence a few years ago I paid 145 euros (3 times as much as today!).
    In my group there are 3 masters, we bought 3 ultimate licences and now we are biting our fingers thinking about the amount we spent, which could have been invested in buying modules and adventures instead of just the licence.
    Great news for the newcomers, but a poor choice for those who invested much more money in FG at the time. It would be fair to allow a free choice purchase as a ‘bonus’ for those who paid much more money years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    While the decision to lower the price of the (ultimate) licence is undoubtedly very good news, I cannot be happy at all, since when I bought the ultimate licence a few years ago I paid 145 euros (3 times as much as today!).
    In my group there are 3 masters, we bought 3 ultimate licences and now we are biting our fingers thinking about the amount we spent, which could have been invested in buying modules and adventures instead of just the licence.
    Great news for the newcomers, but a poor choice for those who invested much more money in FG at the time. It would be fair to allow a free choice purchase as a ‘bonus’ for those who paid much more money years ago.
    I have bought about 8 FG licences at the higher price (some Ultimate and some standard) and given them to friends and other people, and I didn't for 1 second think that the lower price is a poor choice.

The more people that own FG the better for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I have bought about 8 FG licences at the higher price (some Ultimate and some standard) and given them to friends and other people, and I didn't for 1 second think that the lower price is a poor choice.

The more people that own FG the better for everyone.
    If you think so, that's fine. Everyone is free to do what they like with their own money.
    Personally, I regret not having been able to take more modules for AD&D (I only use this system and MoreCore) because of the cost, not inconsiderable at the time, of the ultimate licence. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    If you think so, that's fine. Everyone is free to do what they like with their own money.
    Personally, I regret not having been able to take more modules for AD&D (I only use this system and MoreCore) because of the cost, not inconsiderable at the time, of the ultimate licence. That's all.
    Sorry, but that makes no sense. Unless you can time travel.

Would you have been happier if the price went up?

I am not going to respond further to this, so feel free not to respond to my rhetorical question.

Blog Entries
    This is not an uncommon feeling when product prices change significantly. It's what happens when competition drives prices down. Folks who bought Tesla's a year ago feel the same way about the new lower car prices.

I think of it this way, I have gotten years of use out of FG, that's worth the price difference for the price change since then. What would I have been doing for all these years if I had not invested in FG?

Most everything we purchase decreases in value and cost over time. And either through inflation or price decreases, the real cost of most luxury items decrease over time (except real estate). The car I bought 3 years ago is cheaper to buy now. The couch I bought 2 years ago are cheaper now. The tools in my garage are cheaper to replace with more powerful ones today.

But I don't feel I should be given a free chair today. Or DeWalt should compensate me for my less powerful impact that I paid more for than today's model. There is a price we pay for any product when either it is new or the market continues to mature and various good become closer to commodities. I'm thankful I have had years of great enjoyment from FG and that I see this price drop as a sign of the market being more competitive and FG adapting to maintain or even increase it's role in the market. It's a good indicator that my investment will still be useful in the years to come.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As someone who recently bought FG for my group, I think this is a great idea. The cost initially made us hesitant, but after trying it for a few months, it is clear that it is much better than Roll20. Look forward to buying more modules!

Thread Information