FG Spreadshirt Swag

Can damage be dealt and managed individually by each player?

I like automation, but I feel like sometimes it takes a bit of interactivity from the players. Like, you mostly only have to pay attention to the game on your turn, because on the NPC's turns the dm automatically applies damage, makes all the saves for the players, etc.

If I, as the dm, roll damage on the chat, can players individually manage their damage while still benefiting from resistances and automatic half damage on saves? Further, if needed to modify damage (halving, doubling, etc), is it managed individually? Meaning, if player A halves the damage on the chat for some reason, is it also halved for player B?

If not, have you guys managed to work a way of making players more interactive outside their turns on other ways?

Blog Entries
    If you don't target, then all attacks and damage will be shown in chat but will not resolve. Players (and GM) will have to apply damage. If they drag the damage to their character, FG will apply resistances etc. But, if someone halves the damage shown in chat, then anyone who drags from that point on will only be doing half.

What we prefer to do is to set the option to re-roll initiative each round and to get players to go quickly. Those two things means its only a minute or three until the end of the round, and you might just be first for the next round so you better be paying attention.

I admit its a challenge to keep players engaged. Some other ideas include having the players describe what happens with their attack. Give them narrative leeway with crits and when NPCs going unconscious. Use a turn timer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by bookbrat View Post
    I like automation, but I feel like sometimes it takes a bit of interactivity from the players. Like, you mostly only have to pay attention to the game on your turn, because on the NPC's turns the dm automatically applies damage, makes all the saves for the players, etc.

If I, as the dm, roll damage on the chat, can players individually manage their damage while still benefiting from resistances and automatic half damage on saves? Further, if needed to modify damage (halving, doubling, etc), is it managed individually? Meaning, if player A halves the damage on the chat for some reason, is it also halved for player B?

If not, have you guys managed to work a way of making players more interactive outside their turns on other ways?
    Have you tried Requested Rolls ext? It allows players to get more clickie back on doing saves and stuff that happen to them.

Thread Information