FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 50 of 112 First ... 40484950515260100 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    What ruleset? Why 8 ft in your effect? Are you using raw distance?
    Good question - 5e

The reason I picked 8 ft was to see if the corner was the only issue when I originally set the distance for 5 feet but that wasn't the case. It was really just the top row in its entirety. The other surprising one was that if left at 5 ft, it wouldn't pick up Huge creatures (15x15) unless I set it to 10 ft because it appeared to only recognize the targeting to the center of the creature and not the edge of it.

I do use the Token Height Indicator extension and it works great and how it should with your aura extension.

Correct. I switched the range calculation to the Unity-only getDistanceBetween function in v0.5.

I think this custom version of 0.9 might work in Classic. I took the original range check code and copied it into the later 0.9 version.
    If it doesn't work, DM me with the details and I can see if I can get something working for you.
    However, this generally is unsupported and will have some bugs from v0.4 that I fixed in the versions after v0.9.
    Is this a version specific to Classic? In FGU it seems to not care how far away the token is - if it is a friend, it is applying the aura (tested with Paladin Aura of Protection (10) - level 13 Paladin).

OK I updated to ver 1.4 - seems to have fixed the issue with only those within the radius having the aura applied as well as adding/deleting the aura as they move around.

There are a couple issues I am wondering about.

1 - The adjustment to save (Paladin's Protection Aura) is not adding the Paladin's CHA modifier to the party member's saving throw (he is 10' away - it should be applying it).

2 - It does not seem to allow applying multiple auras from one source (Paladin) they should have courage and protection - is there a way to have both effects in the same Aura - (i.e. AURA: 10 friend; Paladin's Auras of Courage-Protection; IMMUNE: Frightened, SAVE: CHA; [Self] )?

FGU - 5e Ruleset - Aura Effects v1.4
    Last edited by Valdemar; July 9th, 2021 at 03:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Is this a version specific to Classic? In FGU it seems to not care how far away the token is - if it is a friend, it is applying the aura (tested with Paladin Aura of Protection (10) - level 13 Paladin).
    Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear about that. That was a test build I made to try and help people who aren't using Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shireling View Post
    Good question - 5e

The reason I picked 8 ft was to see if the corner was the only issue when I originally set the distance for 5 feet but that wasn't the case. It was really just the top row in its entirety. The other surprising one was that if left at 5 ft, it wouldn't pick up Huge creatures (15x15) unless I set it to 10 ft because it appeared to only recognize the targeting to the center of the creature and not the edge of it.

I do use the Token Height Indicator extension and it works great and how it should with your aura extension.
    Have you tested your issue with just Aura Effects enabled?
    Token Height Indicator totally changes how distance is calculated, so that could explain what you're seeing and so could other extensions if you haven't tested without them.

EDIT: Just tested with both large and huge creatures in 5e with and without token height and no issues on my end. Sounds like an extension conflict to me.
    Last edited by bmos; July 9th, 2021 at 11:42.

AURA: 10 friend; Paladin's Auras of Courage-Protection; IMMUNE: Frightened, SAVE: CHA; [Self]
    You should read the documentation about how to write effects as you have some issues.

Your effect should be: AURA: 10 friend; Paladin's Auras of Courage-Protection; IMMUNE: Frightened; SAVE: [CHA]

Our barbarian has Totem of the Wolf Spirit. When he's raging, his friends have advantage on melee attacks against any hostile creature within 5' of him. What would be the best way to write this?

I've tried AURA: 5 foe; GRANTADVATK
    Update: AURA: 5 foe; Totem Spirit; GRANTSADVATK: melee; [SELF]

Seems to work well. Is there a better way to write it, though?
    Last edited by Morik; July 9th, 2021 at 18:06. Reason: added update

Should I add an IF: FACTION(friend) in there? Or can I even do that somehow?

You should read the documentation about how to write effects as you have some issues.

Your effect should be: AURA: 10 friend; Paladin's Auras of Courage-Protection; IMMUNE: Frightened; SAVE: [CHA]
    Yup that was it.

Is there any limit to how many effects you can put in one command line (as you can only have one Aura on at a time, I may need to stack what they do (and possibly who they affect) thinking Paladin's auras + Spirit guardians....

Thanks for the help and for keeping this awesome extension updated while Kent is dealing with life stuff.

Update: AURA: 5 foe; Totem Spirit; GRANTSADVATK: melee; [SELF]

Can I add this to my existing Rage effect? It doesn't seem to work. Does it have to be kept separate since it affects foes?

Yup that was it.

Is there any limit to how many effects you can put in one command line (as you can only have one Aura on at a time, I may need to stack what they do (and possibly who they affect) thinking Paladin's auras + Spirit guardians....

Thanks for the help and for keeping this awesome extension updated while Kent is dealing with life stuff.
    Pretty sure you can have as many as you want. Not sure why you can only have 1 aura per source, perhaps this happened when the requirement of having an aura title was removed.

EDIT:
    Latest version now available on FantasyGrounds Forge
    Last edited by bmos; July 19th, 2021 at 23:55.

Thread Information