STAR TREK 2d20

Is pre-stage image option gone?

Is the option to pre-stage the image to clients gone in Unity? I remember in the past there was option to send the image to clients and reveal on later date, which was perfect for sharing big images to players with low bandwidth.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Share the image as normal - but change the image to unidentified (so the players won't know what the image is) and turn on LoS/Lighting - as long as there isn't a player token on the map the players won't be able to see anything other than a black image if they open the image.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Share the image as normal - but change the image to unidentified (so the players won't know what the image is) and turn on LoS/Lighting - as long as there isn't a player token on the map the players won't be able to see anything other than a black image if they open the image.
    Hm, this is potential workaround. This won’t go unnoticed though, they will have the pop up window.

The old option was silently putting the things in the image library, correct?

It's exactly the same as before - the only difference is that there's no specific pre-share button. You just use the share button when no players are connected and when the players join the image is uploaded as it was before. There's only a pop up when players are actually connected and you share an image at that point. There's no pop-up in regards to pre-shared material.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I think the pre-share didn't cause pop-up. But I might be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    that's right, there was no pop-up, but besides that it completely functioned like typical sharing (For the bandwidth thing: I normally share stuff before the game starts, and then I tell the players they should join earlier for loading stuff etc.)

Dragging it into the chat does also not cause a pop-up, but may give spoilers (because I am not sure about what image label is parsed in the chat, whether or not it respects the identified state)

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    It didn't and it still doesn't. As I said the only thing which has changed is that there's no longer a preshare button. If you share an image with no players connected it works exactly like the preshare image button works in Classic.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It didn't and it still doesn't. As I said the only thing which has changed is that there's no longer a preshare button. If you share an image with no players connected it works exactly like the preshare image button works in Classic.
    It sounds like that Valyar also used the preshare button while players are connected, I think Though I normally tried to avoid that because such loading times still could affect the current gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    It sounds like that Valyar also used the preshare button while players are connected, I think Though I normally tried to avoid that because such loading times still could affect the current gameplay
    Sounds like you are right again (as ever). Not what presharing is intended for but it can be done I imagine. Like you I never used it like that since the main reason for presharing was to avoid any sharing during gameplay since with my connection that brings everything to a standstill.

Yes, I was using this option quite often with players connected, while not much was happening on the table.
    Shame it is gone, but I can live with that for now.

Thread Information